Bridgestone J40 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Very nice Rhino. I'm anxious to hit these hybos. Really anxious. I use hybrids a lot and they are kind of key to my bag.

Went out yesterday for the first time in over a month and the first time since I had the J40 4W cut down to proper length for me. WOW!! What a beast of a club . I drove the 3 par 3's ( each 205-215) and launched some nice second shots on the par 5's. I only wish my short game and putting was working so well, i would of really scored well.

Good to hear buddy. Glad you were able to get back on the course.

Good to hear buddy. Glad you were able to get back on the course.

Thanks Capt. It was nice to get out there and just forget about life for a while. Also felt good to have confidence with the driver and 4w again.

Thanks Capt. It was nice to get out there and just forget about life for a while. Also felt good to have confidence with the driver and 4w again.

Golf is a great escape like that. Keep it up

Is anyone considering more than one FW? I believe Yoccos got 3 last year, anyone in this years MC going to try that?

Is anyone considering more than one FW? I believe Yoccos got 3 last year, anyone in this years MC going to try that?

Probably just going with the strong 3W. That is my plan right now

First time with the J40 back in the bag today and I took one swing with it. A terrible high push into the wind that went straight up in the air. Terrible swing - mediocre result. I really am thinking of matching the shaft I have in the Super LS. The PX 5.0 feels really soft in comparison to it and I'm not hurting for ball height at the moment.

First time with the J40 back in the bag today and I took one swing with it. A terrible high push into the wind that went straight up in the air. Terrible swing - mediocre result. I really am thinking of matching the shaft I have in the Super LS. The PX 5.0 feels really soft in comparison to it and I'm not hurting for ball height at the moment.

Was this a new occurrence for u? Don't remember u doing this before

Yea it wasn't anything I've seen much of. Just left the face open I'm guessing.

Yea it wasn't anything I've seen much of. Just left the face open I'm guessing.

Been my miss with a hybo for a long long time, trying to right the ship so I can fully maximize the j40 awesomeness

Definitely wish I could have that one back. I was going dead into the wind and really had no business taking that shot anyway.

all the MCERS set o the FW/Hybo combo yet?

all the MCERS set o the FW/Hybo combo yet?

I am going with 2 now instead of 3. Top of th ebag will look like this. Driver, 3W, 2H, 4H. I feel pretty confident with that set up.

Deano, I may snag your 3H and swing it a few times on the range before Saturday's round if that is OK with you. I haven't gotten a chance to swing any hybrids and I would at least like to get an idea of how they feel.

I am going with 2 now instead of 3. Top of th ebag will look like this. Driver, 3W, 2H, 4H. I feel pretty confident with that set up.

Deano, I may snag your 3H and swing it a few times on the range before Saturday's round if that is OK with you. I haven't gotten a chance to swing any hybrids and I would at least like to get an idea of how they feel.

same setup im gonna roll with.

Yeah man hit away with it, its a loaner anyways and im sure Rhino wont mind one bit lol

Just keep ur CB loving hands off my DPC's

I LOVE the hybo!

Its so money for me off the tee its not even funny, nice and high and long.

Still some work to do with the club off the deck, I seem to be leaving balls right more times than not, and not having that issue with the F7 ive hit against it as of late.

The face is hot, once I get it locked in off the deck I will be in heaven!

Good deal buddy. It's definitely not the fade tamer like the F7 and Mashies in general. Mine is in timeout until it gets reshafted, if I decide to spend the money. I'd really like to get that done soon, just need to designate some funds for it.

The 4H is working out very nicely for me. I like the F7 at the 3H/7W slot as I can push it a little harder off the tee. I'm finding that the J40 4H though, is providing a solid 190-195 yards for me, which is just where I need it to be it to be. Had two really nice shots with it during my round yesterday. One into a good wind on a 175 par 3. Nice high ball flight and a workable amount of roll out. It's nice to have something consistent at that distance as my tee game hasn't been up to snuff lately. Definitely earned a spot in the bag. If I decide to go with an extra wedge this year (first try wasn't promising), it will be hard to decide what to keep and what to take out!

If Bridgestone made these in a 5H, I would probably be among the early adopters.

The 4H is working out very nicely for me. I like the F7 at the 3H/7W slot as I can push it a little harder off the tee. I'm finding that the J40 4H though, is providing a solid 190-195 yards for me, which is just where I need it to be it to be. Had two really nice shots with it during my round yesterday. One into a good wind on a 175 par 3. Nice high ball flight and a workable amount of roll out. It's nice to have something consistent at that distance as my tee game hasn't been up to snuff lately. Definitely earned a spot in the bag. If I decide to go with an extra wedge this year (first try wasn't promising), it will be hard to decide what to keep and what to take out!

If Bridgestone made these in a 5H, I would probably be among the early adopters.

I would be all over a 5H I think. I'm ready to ditch the 5I

I subbed the J40 4 hybrid in the bag last night and took out my Mashie to see what kind of results I would get. I only hit it twice, but both times I was reminded at how good this hybrid was. The shot that really got me was on a par 5 with a big dog leg to the left, I was over to the right and needed to get up and over a tree that would allow me to cut the corner and be in good position. Took a nice easy swing and the ball popped up of the rough, got up and carried over the tree landing nicely on the right side of the fairway. Really reminded me of why I enjoyed these hybrids so much. I started my ponder of the 18 degree again last night after my round.

I subbed the J40 4 hybrid in the bag last night and took out my Mashie to see what kind of results I would get. I only hit it twice, but both times I was reminded at how good this hybrid was. The shot that really got me was on a par 5 with a big dog leg to the left, I was over to the right and needed to get up and over a tree that would allow me to cut the corner and be in good position. Took a nice easy swing and the ball popped up of the rough, got up and carried over the tree landing nicely on the right side of the fairway. Really reminded me of why I enjoyed these hybrids so much. I started my ponder of the 18 degree again last night after my round.

4H is stout! If it weren't for my love of the F5, I'd consider an 18˚.

4H is stout! If it weren't for my love of the F5, I'd consider an 18˚.

I keep going between those. I've been searching for an F5 for a while now, just have not pulled the trigger.

Back