Wrist & Hand Action - An 'AHA!' Moment For Me

keto

Reaction score
Handicap
Still snow on the ground, so I'm just swinging in the garage...been taking a few lessons, casting badly and not getting much release. I watched this vid, and can immediately feel that using my hands as he suggests is giving me more lag, whip, and release. We'll see when I actually get to swing at a ball, but this was a big revelation for me. In particular, that a weaker grip can lead to more speed.

An interesting way of describing it, I guess I'm not technical enough, hopefully my local pro can explain it during our next lesson!

As an instructor I find him pretty solid. He always goes on about a flat left wrist, but that's only possible with his weak(er) grip.

That was a good video except for the last four words.

So many ways to golf your ball. Hope you're make to transfer these swing thoughts when the snow melts.

I really enjoyed this video and have added it to my favorites on YouTube :thumb:

Great video. I really enjoyed that and sounds like a lot of the things I have been trying to work on. I will be taking this to the range with me tomorrow or Tuesday.

Thanks for posting this, I watched it Friday afternoon and went to the range that evening to put it to the test. Being a baseball player all my life I have had a fairly strong golf grip. Nothing ridiculous, but definitely stronger then the "strong" grip he used as an example in the video. I immediately saw improvement in my driver an 3 wood using this grip and pairing it with some tips the #ZooCrew had on their YouTube page for how to hit a draw. These tips, but mainly the new grip position IMO, really helped me get my right hip out of the way and got my swing back on a good path. It took me a little longer to get used to it on my irons but I eventually got comfortable enough to carry it over to the course yesterday. I went to the range before my tee time just to make sure everything still worked and that it wasn't a fluke or that I hadn't forgotten everything I did Friday night. I hadn't and it wasn't. So I took it to the course.

Let me tell you, I hit my 3 wood better than I EVER have and my drives were consistent all day except for a couple poor/lazy swings. If I can offer one tip it would be that you really have to go after the ball with this grip. If you slow down too much you will leave the face open and fade or even slice it. I think he even mentions that in the video but I missed it the first time I watched. Its too early and it was too cold to tell if there was any distance gain...plus I have new irons that should also contribute...but I know my ball striking was much more consistent and I think as I work on it that this video will pay dividends for my golf game.

Thanks again for posting, you never know when you find a video how much it may help someone else. I really appreciate you sharing cause even if we can help just one other golfer improve his/her game, than isn't it worth it?

Thanks for posting this, I watched it Friday afternoon and went to the range that evening to put it to the test. Being a baseball player all my life I have had a fairly strong golf grip. Nothing ridiculous, but definitely stronger then the "strong" grip he used as an example in the video. I immediately saw improvement in my driver an 3 wood using this grip and pairing it with some tips the #ZooCrew had on their YouTube page for how to hit a draw. These tips, but mainly the new grip position IMO, really helped me get my right hip out of the way and got my swing back on a good path. It took me a little longer to get used to it on my irons but I eventually got comfortable enough to carry it over to the course yesterday. I went to the range before my tee time just to make sure everything still worked and that it wasn't a fluke or that I hadn't forgotten everything I did Friday night. I hadn't and it wasn't. So I took it to the course.

Let me tell you, I hit my 3 wood better than I EVER have and my drives were consistent all day except for a couple poor/lazy swings. If I can offer one tip it would be that you really have to go after the ball with this grip. If you slow down too much you will leave the face open and fade or even slice it. I think he even mentions that in the video but I missed it the first time I watched. Its too early and it was too cold to tell if there was any distance gain...plus I have new irons that should also contribute...but I know my ball striking was much more consistent and I think as I work on it that this video will pay dividends for my golf game.

Thanks again for posting, you never know when you find a video how much it may help someone else. I really appreciate you sharing cause even if we can help just one other golfer improve his/her game, than isn't it worth it?

Absolutely! This is just one of the reasons this sight is so awesome. It's a huge family trying to help each other out through suggestions in golf or whatever you need help with :clapp:

Back