Poslunator

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys, I really like the look of the new versa putter, but I really like the feel of my white ice. Instead of going and coughing up the cash to go buy a versa then somehow get the white ice insert in there, I figured it would just be easier to paint the putter like a versa. So does anybody know a good way to do this or any special kind of paint to use? I know a few pros (Keegan Bradley and Gary Woodland) have got theirs done by odyssey, but I dont think thats available to the public. I have the time and artistic skills so any thoughts please post em. Thx.

Moved over to the putter section.
Its possible to paint the White Ice putters, but the finish on them is not real conducive to hold it well.

About the only thing you can do to replicate that finish is to do as they do, which is a polymer coating. Not sure how much money you are willing to spend, but there are better options than a DIY option, which is to just send it out to a place like putterloung.com

Regular paint has rates zero on the durability scale, so the only choice really is a polymer coating.

thanks ya that probably wouldve been a bright thing to do...

About the only thing you can do to replicate that finish is to do as they do, which is a polymer coating. Not sure how much money you are willing to spend, but there are better options than a DIY option, which is to just send it out to a place like putterloung.com

Regular paint has rates zero on the durability scale, so the only choice really is a polymer coating.

After looking at putter lounge their prices seem a little to high and they apparently dont offer a versa coating but they would probs figure it out. The acrylic paint isn't a bad idea but im still not sold

Give Eric a call at Chop Shop Golf. He did a great job painting my Titleist 910 matte white. He uses automotive grade paint and bakes it in a booth.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

putterlounge wont do putters with inserts either.

today i decided i'd try using just normal white paint and a black sharpie on a kids putter i used a few years ago, turned out great! After painting i just put a clearcoat finish on it to make it shine and look nice and i'm thinking about taking this to the course tomorrow lol. Made a custom grip to accompany a claw grip too out of electrical tape and a foam thing you put around a pipe, sort of like a pool noodle. Anyways here's the pic

BHrwU-ZCQAAiA90.jpg:large

I know this is really late, but just joined. It is relatively easy to get t inserts out of Odyssey putters. If you place the entire head in boiling water for about 10 minutes, you can use a hook and pick set that you can get at Lowes to lift the edge of the insert and slowly pull it out. It will be warm and if you press it down, it will cool and get firm again. The just epoxy it into the other putter.

Back