American Idol Season 12 (Spoilers)

Major lack of male talent this season. If I didn't know any better I'd say it was intentional so that a girl will win for a change.

We're watching this show, and I actually care more about dealing with the clogged up drains than watching this show.

Totally apathetic about this season.

They should never have another Beatles night. No one dares take a chance with those melodies. But no change in the pecking order - Lazaro clearly has to leave.

The lack of action on this thread shows the irrelevancy that is hitting AI this year - I read ratings and commercial costs are somewhat down. I taped but haven't watched this week's show. I did pull up Candace's song on YouTube - great as always - but just haven't yet managed the interest to check out the rest.

Three guys left and they make up the bottom three. Guys are really sad this year. Was hoping it would have been Lazarro going home.

Three guys left and they make up the bottom three. Guys are really sad this year. Was hoping it would have been Lazarro going home.

Me too, but you know the remaining two guys cannot last 3 weeks more at most.

I was *just* warming up to Devin, he could always sing but not much charisma...I thought he did really well last week and this. Sorta too bad, but it'll likely be 5 girls or at best 4 girls one guy for the final 5....if so, that guy had BETTER be Burnell, my wife and I are with you guys wondering why the hell he's still around.

I was really really underwhelmed and disappointed with the Motown performances last night.

Lazarro in the top 3 is such a joke.

I don't even know how Lazaro made the top 20, much less the top 3 this week. Still, no way he wins. The chaff is about weeded out. I still see this as:

1. Candace
2. Kree
3. Angie
4. Janelle
5. Amber

I don't get all the judge love for Amber - a Whitney sound-alike perhaps, but still wanders off-key often enough to rank no better than last among the girls. Janelle will be very marketable, but I don't see her having the chops the top 3 have. Any of those top 3 could be the winner. Candace lost some valuable ground last week and Angie gained some, while Kree is always solid. Any of those three with the right genre and song choice is a potential winner.

Lazaro - take this advice - find the exit and LEAVE! Please don't sing a second song! Make like Dorothy Hamill and get some doctors advice that singing again may cause permanent damage to your health. Something, PLEASE....just GO!

I am only commenting in this thread to say that we've (my wife and I) completely dropped this show. Has to be the worst crop of talent in the history of the show.

Lazaro - take this advice - find the exit and LEAVE! Please don't sing a second song! Make like Dorothy Hamill and get some doctors advice that singing again may cause permanent damage to your health. Something, PLEASE....just GO!

I agree SS, Lazaro is being completely outclassed.

I don't even know how Lazaro made the top 20, much less the top 3 this week. Still, no way he wins. The chaff is about weeded out. I still see this as:

1. Candace
2. Kree
3. Angie
4. Janelle
5. Amber

I don't get all the judge love for Amber - a Whitney sound-alike perhaps, but still wanders off-key often enough to rank no better than last among the girls. Janelle will be very marketable, but I don't see her having the chops the top 3 have. Any of those top 3 could be the winner. Candace lost some valuable ground last week and Angie gained some, while Kree is always solid. Any of those three with the right genre and song choice is a potential winner.

Looks like the judges want to give it to Candace right now, got to admit that she certainly has the pipes.

The judges have me mystified with two of the performers.

1. Amber - she's good, I get it. But the judges gush over her like she's the next great superstar in waiting, and I don't see it. She (to my ear) was continually a tiny bit sharp thru her songs last night - nearly always I hear pitch issues in her vocals.

2. Angie - she's very good, but the judges completely miss why. They keep thinking it's the piano, that somehow it makes her better. Well, maybe, but I think it's the material - the three times she has been utterly outstanding on the show she was at the piano, but she was also singing songs about faith - and that's where she makes the connection. I predict she will become a Christian-pop style star.

To those that think the talent was weak this year - well maybe not as deep as some years, but at the top - Candace, Kree, Angie - the talent is as good as any year that I have watched.

To those that think the talent was weak this year - well maybe not as deep as some years, but at the top - Candace, Kree, Angie - the talent is as good as any year that I have watched.
Totally agree. Any of those three could win this year. Maybe when the others were talking about weak talent, they were talking about the guys?

^^^ I'm on board with that. Top 3 talent is as good as ever and much better than many seasons. The Voice is just a way better show at this point, but my family likes watching these shows and I'm a Kree fan, I'll admit. I thought she absolutely murdered "Help me Make it Through the Night" on last night's show. Candace is the more dynamic of the two, I think, and her performances are unreal. I'm just more of an old school country guy than I am R/B, so that's why Kree is my pick.

Thankfully America got it right again, and only those that go to the Idol Tour concerts will be subjected to Lazaro again. I take that back, he will likely sing a line or two in the season finale, but maybe he will do like last night and hold the mike at arms length. So, I predict the next two weeks will result in the demise of Amber and Janelle in some order, then we really get down to the gritty tough choices on the final two shows. Candace had the equivalent of a 275 yard rushing game or a 50 point shooting night or a 61 from the tips this week, but the game ain't over til the fat lady sings (which sounds like maybe Angie has no chance either).

the game ain't over til the fat lady sings (which sounds like maybe Angie has no chance either).

Haha, nice! Yeah, so happy Lazaro is finally gone. Better late than never.

Thankfully America got it right again, and only those that go to the Idol Tour concerts will be subjected to Lazaro again. I take that back, he will likely sing a line or two in the season finale, but maybe he will do like last night and hold the mike at arms length. So, I predict the next two weeks will result in the demise of Amber and Janelle in some order, then we really get down to the gritty tough choices on the final two shows. Candace had the equivalent of a 275 yard rushing game or a 50 point shooting night or a 61 from the tips this week, but the game ain't over til the fat lady sings (which sounds like maybe Angie has no chance either).

I think it's first time they got it right all season!

Nicki looks like she has an ass across her chest.

You can tell that Kree is Kree even as a three year old.

They should make Jimmy a judge if they have another season.

Jimmy a judge and Mariah can go.

Tonight Janelle is out. And I finally see what the judges see in Amber - beautifully sung Streisand song. Candace had a hit and a miss, Kree and Angie great twice. Janelle is a scratch golfer trying to hang with the big guns. And no longer do I think Candace is the clear favorite - Kree or Angie can give her a run. That said - when all are at their best, Candace is the best.

I think they are going to use their save tomorrow night. Isn't it the last chance for them to use it? I don't think it will matter who it is.

I think they are going to use their save tomorrow night. Isn't it the last chance for them to use it? I don't think it will matter who it is.

Good point, you are probably right on this.

Back