Status
Not open for further replies.
Well because of a rainout Kyle lohse will be making an appearance in St Louis Friday. Will be interested to hear what kind of an ovation he gets and how well he throws

TapaTalk from the iPhone

He will get a nice ovation in his return. He gave us some damn good years.

Another great performance by the Braves, their pitching is great, the hitting is great, and the whole lineup isn't even going strong yet! They'll get a real test this weekend against the Nats, but I'm liking what I'm seeing. Glad I snatched up Gattis in my fantasy league the first game of the season.

Another great performance by the Braves, their pitching is great, the hitting is great, and the whole lineup isn't even going strong yet! They'll get a real test this weekend against the Nats, but I'm liking what I'm seeing. Glad I snatched up Gattis in my fantasy league the first game of the season.

I grabbed Gattis too, 3 hr in 22 at bats is impressive for a rookie/former janitor.

The Cards bench is very thin.. I dont see him leaving this year. I do see him down the line as more of a DH. That is, unless we move Craig back to LF.

Yeah, I don't see him leaving this year, but, wouldn't be surprised if he is gone next season....

Wow, the Royals sweep the Twins, win their fourth in a row and move to 6-3.

Royals stadium was empty.

When McCann gets off the dl its going to be tough for him to out due gattis.

I honestly see the Braves trading away McCann before the All-Star Break. I just hope he shows up well so they can get a good bit for him. When he moves to another team, I could see them training him to play 1st, in hopes of keeping him from so many injuries. The Braves are just too stocked at catcher with Gattis, Laird, and Bethancourt in the minors.

I also see potentially trading Dan Uggla if they can get anything for him. He hasn't hit well in 2 years, shy of that streak he was on, and though his defense is loads better than they were expecting, its not making up for the lack of offense.

Tribe finally didnt lose to the Yanks....thanks to game being rained out

Tribe finally didnt lose to the Yanks....thanks to game being rained out

such a promising start too, didnt take long to get back under .500 either.

such a promising start too, didnt take long to get back under .500 either.

last year's issue rearing its ugly head...starting pitching...Jimenez 6.97 era, Myers 12.19 era, Carrasco 17.18 era

I grabbed Gattis too, 3 hr in 22 at bats is impressive for a rookie/former janitor.

Between JUp and Gattis, there are two "can't miss" at bats in the Braves' lineup.

I was practicing my putting last night (you feeling me, #ZooCrew?), and I had the game on in the background. Whenever JUp and Gattis were at bat, I stopped what I was doing and sat down to watch. I can't remember the last time I did that for the Braves, or the last time I generally did that at all for baseball since Bonds' HR chase in 2002.

Very exciting times for the Braves right now. I hope they can keep it up.

Impressive.

BeerCatch.gif

Between JUp and Gattis, there are two "can't miss" at bats in the Braves' lineup.

I was practicing my putting last night (you feeling me, #ZooCrew?), and I had the game on in the background. Whenever JUp and Gattis were at bat, I stopped what I was doing and sat down to watch. I can't remember the last time I did that for the Braves, or the last time I generally did that at all for baseball since Bonds' HR chase in 2002.

Very exciting times for the Braves right now. I hope they can keep it up.
I used to be that way with Heyward.... and Larry.

I used to be that way with Heyward.... and Larry.

That's a valid point -- I did that a little bit when Heyward first came up.

Chipper was my favorite player for the better part of 15 years. But, I don't think I can point to a time where I had to stop what I was doing to watch him at bat. The draw to JUp and Gattis is just something different. Hard to explain, but I hope it doesn't stop.

That's a valid point -- I did that a little bit when Heyward first came up.

Chipper was my favorite player for the better part of 15 years. But, I don't think I can point to a time where I had to stop what I was doing to watch him at bat. The draw to JUp and Gattis is just something different. Hard to explain, but I hope it doesn't stop.
#mancrush

Excited to see the Braves play a decent team... They have looked really good so far.

Excited to see the Braves play a decent team... They have looked really good so far.
This weekend vs the Nationals is going to be a great series.

The Braves have been so streaky with their offense so far, they need to wake up.

This weekend vs the Nationals is going to be a great series.

The Braves have been so streaky with their offense so far, they need to wake up.

Thats what I mean. They havent played much in the way of competition so matching up with who figures to be their biggest and really only competition in the East should be fun

Thats what I mean. They havent played much in the way of competition so matching up with who figures to be their biggest and really only competition in the East should be fun

Sweeping the Marlins certainly doesn't do much. But, in fairness, the Braves have beaten jeff samardzija, cole hamels and some guy that used to be roy halladay.

Sweeping the Marlins certainly doesn't do much. But, in fairness, the Braves have beaten jeff samardzija, cole hamels and some guy that used to be roy halladay.

I am not saying they arent good.. They just havent played much. Hamels isn't looking to be the same guy he once was either.. Samardzija is a good win though, I think he has a bright future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back