Should the Masters move into the 21st century with regards to tv coverage??

No way. Keep it limited and keep it special.

Oh and don't forget, Bettinardi Putters are amazing!

How can anyone who loves watching golf be happy that one of the best championships of the year gets shown less than the others?

Surely as golf lovers we should be wanting to see more of the action not less

I frankly don't understand the logic of the more limited = more special argument. It's not like more golf is being played. Every shot of every hole is being filmed and recorded. They followed a handful of groups from 1 to 18 on masters.com coverage. They can and do still limit the amount of camera towers and equipment while delivering more coverage. It's more like "because we can" in truth. That's fine, it's their party, they can do whatever. That being said, with the online streaming plus the tv block, there's probably enough golf being covered hours wise (although almost no Tiger today).

Get Directv over there. It's wall to wall coverage over here I'm afraid.
5 1/2 hours isn't exactly wall to wall.

I'd love for it to be on more. However I will say that The Masters website does a fantastic job of giving you coverage when it's not on TV. I think there is something to the less is more philosophy when it comes to this tournament. I do think that someday in the future they will stretch the coverage out more.

Its like Xmas over in the UK when the British Open is on, 11 hours each day (advert free) on the Thursday and Friday. Then you have good 7 hours each day (again advert free) for the Saturday and Sunday

They probably should but they don't have to and won't. The rich good ole boys club is getting old.

I'm okay with the four hours on Saturday and the five hours on Sunday along with the updates from Golf Channel and internet as well. With that being said, I'd still like to see it expanded a bit to align more closely to the U.S. Open coverage. I guess I'm just being greedy here, lol!

I get really annoyed waiting for 3pm to roll around every day.

The streaming coverage online has been great. And for those who may not have noticed, the stream is buffered so you can even skip backwards past where you picked it up.

I get really annoyed waiting for 3pm to roll around every day.

And then once 3 comes around they dont even show golf until 3:15 because of nonsensical interviews and filler.

I have no idea why I can watch the Tampa Bay Championship from 11am till 5pm on the weekends. But not The Masters.

And then once 3 comes around they dont even show golf until 3:15 because of nonsensical interviews and filler.

Precisely. Show the same damn coverage of the drop that we had to watch all morning.

I have no idea why I can watch the Tampa Bay Championship from 11am till 5pm on the weekends. But not The Masters.

I'd bet it's because ESPN is involved

Big putt here. From what I heard earlier, the putter isn't exactly "on" today.

Am I right in thinking that there were about 60 people playing today? You wouldn't have thought it watching the coverage because it seems like they followed the last 5 - 6 groups once they started with just a few selected shots from the others. I didn't have access to a computer this evening and had no idea that Rory had blown up until I checked my fantasy golf 10 minutes ago, although I suspected it as we saw just one shot from him in about 90 minutes of coverage!!

Back