My journey to a better game!

Ok here are the vids from today.

This is the first video since my last lesson with the change in grip, stance and posture. You can see I get the club past parallel and pointing the club way right of the target. I also have a reverse pivot leaving my weight on the left leg, plus way too much head movement.
http://s1087.photobucket.com/user/golfinff/media/3-11-13dr.mp4.html

Man you got some good action...when its cleaned up you'll be a great player. All of the bolded is more or less a reaction to the faulty takeaway. Keep up the good work.

Man you got some good action...when its cleaned up you'll be a great player. All of the bolded is more or less a reaction to the faulty takeaway. Keep up the good work.

Thank you.. I'm hoping so. It absolutely is and I never knew I did any of it till seeing the video of myself.

Worked on drills today and hit 150+ balls while at work.

Here's my setup
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21365992895.337610.jpg

Nice. Do you coworkers look at you funny or join in?

A couple join in and a couple look at me funny.

The couple who do come out help me when I'm working on something and I do the same for them. It really has helped both me and them.

The ability to work on changes almost everyday is a huge help and makes the changes come a lot faster than only working on it once or twice a week. IMO

Played today had some good shots when I had swing thoughts in my head so now I'm confused. I don't like thinking about my swing when I step up to the ball, but it was the only way I could hit a good shot!

I've spent the time since the end of my round examining about what I was doing out on the course yesterday. Going over my good shots and bad, and what I was doing before and during each shot.

With all that time thinking and reflecting I've come to the following conclusions, grip was good alignment was good. Where I broke down on the bad shots was trying to hit the ball, and didn't concentrate on my swing. When I swung I hit the ball just the way I wanted to.

Lesson learned just swing and let the ball get in the way of the swing.

I've spent the time since the end of my round examining about what I was doing out on the course yesterday. Going over my good shots and bad, and what I was doing before and during each shot.

With all that time thinking and reflecting I've come to the following conclusions, grip was good alignment was good. Where I broke down on the bad shots was trying to hit the ball, and didn't concentrate on my swing. When I swung I hit the ball just the way I wanted to.

Lesson learned just swing and let the ball get in the way of the swing.

Are you sure we're not twins separated at birth? Every step of our golf journey is the same.

Are you sure we're not twins separated at birth? Every step of our golf journey is the same.

Well we are golfing and THP brothers so no no I'm not.

I really got to find a way to transition from the range to the course. I don't want to be a range pro! I think part of it has to do with me not knowing club distances 100% I've seriously thought about breaking out the old sticks for a round.

Went to the range today after not hitting balls since playing golf on Monday. I went with the intention of hitting a medium bucket and ended up hitting 2.

So my goal today was to work on getting my weight transferred properly, turning my shoulders while maintaining my head position, making a smooth transition and coiling my body then uncoiling bringing the club back to the ball, finishing the swing with hands high. I know that sounds like a lot but it's al about getting the club back and then through the ball properly.

I would consider today a success as I was swinging well and hitting the ball well with the irons. I struggled some when I didn't keep my chin up, so that my left shoulder could turn under it and shift my weight to my right leg.

I broke out the big stick and struggled at first as I wasn't loading my body well and then tried to swing with my arms. The armsy swing was coming from the idea that I had to swing fast to get the shaft to load properly. Well I was going about it the wrong way. Once I figured out what I was doing wrong and moved the ball forward in my stance I started hitting it well and was once again tagging the 250 sign with 40 temps and range rocks. I also had to make an adjustment to my hands as I wasn't turning them over properly.

I also got out the FWD and Hybo and was hitting them well.

I still have lots of work to be as consistent as I want to be but I feel I am making good progress.

Hit two medium buckets tonight and made some real solid progress, hopefully it translates to the course this weekend.

I worked on the parallel drill quite a bit as well as getting myself into the proper position at the top, taking the club back straighter and not so far inside. Made some tweaks to my long game and made some much better ball striking than I had been with the hybo, fwd and driver. the tweaks were minor but made a huge improvement.

Tweaks today were making sure my chin was up, weight on the balls of my feet, both of those minor adjustments allowed me to turn and weight shift much better and synchronized my hips shoulder and arms leading to much better striking and directional control.

Hey just stay committed to your swing and your score will take care of itself. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Committed I am for sure. The changes haven't all been easy but I will get them all down eventually!

I've been on the same journey this winter/ spring as you. The swing progress can be great and long as you don't press to hard on the course, because your body will resort to what it knows best then and that never seems to be the swing you're working on.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

With rounds played on friday and saturday. I can see my game coming along quite nicely. My scores didn't necessarily show it but my ball striking is much improved. I still need to pick and choose when I go for the hero shots and play smarter more often when I miss.

With two lessons down and 3 to go I for see a big change in my game coming. Lots of range time ahead of me as well.

Thanks to all who have read this and Thanks to Wadesworld for introducing yourself to me and good luck on you journey to a better game.

I played 18 yesterday and I am very happy where my game is headed with just 2 lessons under my belt.

My ball striking is much improved when I just swing and don't try to crush the ball. My divots are nice n shallow and straight to a little inside out and a consistent depth across the width of the depth.

I'm also hitting the ball farther than I ever have. I'd say I've gained 30 yards with my driver and easily a club to club and a half on my irons.

Now if I can get the mental side down I will be good to go.

I have been hitting the range as much as possible which hasn't been enough or as often as I would like. I've been trying to get my weight transferred properly, shoulders turned and hands pushing away from the ball at the top and shortening my back swing.

One of my biggest problems honestly is also one of my biggest assets- flexibility and athleticism. Both of these cause me to have too many moving parts and a tendency too over wind up which leads to me not coming back to the ball in one smooth motion.

My last couple of range sessions have been pretty good with ball contact and direction as well as me making the proper moves during my swing as well as getting to the proper position at the top of the back swing and at follow through.

Good to hear you are improving your swing. I also had issues with my swings and kept going to the range to work and retool everything. I can't really afford a trainer so I let YouTube train me. Took some tips with me to the range and worked on stuff. The SKLZ trainer worked wonders and I was able to control my backswing when I used the driver and managed to add power to each shot. My main issue now is balance, but if I can go from a baseball swing to a proper golf swing in a couple weeks, I should have no issue with balance in the future.

Angry, good luck with the balance, swinging a little less hard should help.

I went to the range Wednesday and hit a large bucket off the grass and was hitting the ball well. I was making ball first contact and taking nice divots in front of the ball.

I played 18 yesterday in crappy conditions and struggled bad off the tee and hit some bad iron shots but hit some great ones as well as some great wedge shots.

The increase in distance I'm seeing since my lessons started is still baffling to me. With the way I'm striking the ball now, I'm having trouble clubbing down and not going with what I used to hit. I'm finding my self flying greens cause I want to make sure I get it there, this happens especially when there is trouble in front of the green. I put myself in bad spots a couple times yesterday cause I had one club too many. I had a few partial wedges I hit too short as well but that I'm blaming on unfamiliarity with them.

The distance control will happen FF. The good news is clean contact.

The distance control will happen FF. The good news is clean contact.

Thanks JB and I know your right. I need to get out and play some more and with time on the course the distance control will come.

The clean contact is definitely an awesome feeling and seeing the nice clean divots puts a smile on my face and breeds confidence.

I used my SKLZ weight a little today and had an ahha moment from my poor driving yesterday.

As I was swinging and concentrating on my follow through I realized that yesterday I wasn't sliding and turning on my tee shots. I was getting stuck on my back foot and only rotating my hips. This was causing me to come across the ball fading my tee shots.

I wish I could figure this stuff out on the course during my round.

I wish I could figure this stuff out on the course during my round.

I usually figure out my swing problems somewhere around hole 17. Fat lot of good that does me.

I usually figure out my swing problems somewhere around hole 17. Fat lot of good that does me.

I have done that as well and usually right after I blow up the scorecard on several holes in a row.

I played in a scramble Thursday, wow I wasn't ready for that. What I mean is I have been playing to yardages when ever possible this means I only hit driver a few times a round. That's not the game we played, we played more bomb and gouge leaving ourselves and especially for me.

Overall it was good for my game as I had to hit some partial wedge shots and did so with some success. My iron yardages were consistent and I am adjusting to the increased distance. My tee game was pretty good and I hit some absolute bombs with both driver and 3wd. I hit one drive 305 which is a new long ball for me as well as one 3wd approximately 270.

I did have one giant learning experience as well. I have a tendency as the round goes on to crowd the ball on the tee box causing me to push and fade the ball.

I have to get back in to see my instructor for my other three lessons but time has been crazy and I havent had the time when he is available. I will get them in but it maybe after I get back from my florida trip.

Back