SeeMore PTM Series Preview

Thank you WCBM!!! Look at what came to me last night...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Stunning pics my man! Gorgeous flatstick!!

Interesting, I get the same higher pitched sound in the sweet spot as off the tie or heel, time and time again.

I like the sound, it's different in a good way. Also unlike any other version of the FGP style that I have owned and rolled.

I agree. The sound is very unique Jman. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who hears it.

I have noticed a sound difference with my db4 and z2. But never with my FGP. Mine isn't milled though

Did you hear the sound with your FGP Blu? Maybe it is the milled face as you alluded to.

Did you hear the sound with your FGP Blu? Maybe it is the milled face as you alluded to.

The sound off of the FGP is very different compared to the other two. Higher pitched from the FGP. The milled putters have a deeper sounds that is a tad quieter.

The sound off of the FGP is very different compared to the other two. Higher pitched from the FGP. The milled putters have a deeper sounds that is a tad quieter.

Huh. I get more of a thud with my mFGP and more of a higher pitch with my PTM. Maybe I am getting the sounds backwards though. I'll have to roll them both today to listen some more. Thud might not be the right word. But that deeper sound you mentioned.

Huh. I get more of a thud with my mFGP and more of a higher pitch with my PTM. Maybe I am getting the sounds backwards though. I'll have to roll them both today to listen some more. Thud might not be the right word. But that deeper sound you mentioned.

You're getting it right. The mFGP does have a deeper tone, which many will associate with a softer feel, while the PTM has a higher tone that leads many to "feel" that its a bit more firm off the face. Even though they are both (at least part) milled, its all about the differences in the milling process of the two that leads to the different tones.

You're getting it right. The mFGP does have a deeper tone, which many will associate with a softer feel, while the PTM has a higher tone that leads many to "feel" that its a bit more firm off the face. Even though they are both (at least part) milled, its all about the differences in the milling process of the two that leads to the different tones.

Thanks for the clarification dude. Either way they are two amazing putters. Similar yet different. Unique in their own greatness.

My FGP isn't milled. It is more of a metallic sound. The FGP sounds like a piece of metal. The z2 and db4 sound like putters.

Not that I mind the sound of my FGP. I like it actually. But the milled putters sound different than the FGP.

My FGP isn't milled. It is more of a metallic sound. The FGP sounds like a piece of metal. The z2 and db4 sound like putters.

Not that I mind the sound of my FGP. I like it actually. But the milled putters sound different than the FGP.

Understood my man. Glad that others are hearing a difference too- whatever it may be haha

Thanks for the clarification dude. Either way they are two amazing putters. Similar yet different. Unique in their own greatness.

No problemo, we all know I'm an addict for these sorts of things. Hehe

Agreed, I'll be adding an mFGP back into my fold sometime in the near future.

Hmmmm, I must be confused in that I believe they ALL sound like putters. Some simply have deeper or higher tones than the others giving the user the illusion of a softer or harder "feel". I'll have to tell my non-milled putters that they aren't really putters, I bet their feelings get hurt, poor guys. :alien:

"Quick. Describe a sound!"

It's really hard to do.

Right?! Last night when I was thinking about how to word it I was stumped. It was one of the most significant things that I remembered from the round and I couldn't describe it.

Hmmmm, I must be confused in that I believe they ALL sound like putters. Some simply have deeper or higher tones than the others giving the user the illusion of a softer or harder "feel". I'll have to tell my non-milled putters that they aren't really putters, I bet their feelings get hurt, poor guys. :alien:

Milled putter = real putter

Non-milled = make believe putter.

It's like cast and forge irons.

Milled putter = real putter

Non-milled = make believe putter.

It's like cast and forge irons.

That's funny. I wonder if anyone ever told Karsten Solheim that when he was developing the most popular putter design ever that it wasn't really a putter since it was cast.

Man the face milling on these are truly incredible!

That's funny. I wonder if anyone ever told Karsten Solheim that when he was developing the most popular putter design ever that it wasn't really a putter since it was cast.

My FGP sounds similar to the traditional cast putters I own. A bit of a higher note with a metallic pitch.

My FGP sounds similar to the traditional cast putters I own. A bit of a higher note with a metallic pitch.

So now cast putters ARE putters. Got it. I thought you said they weren't, that's where I was confused. :alien:

Yes, the OG FGP design does sound similar to the original cast putters like the Anser, particularly those with a sound slot.

So now cast putters ARE putters. Got it. I thought you said they weren't, that's where I was confused. :alien:

Yes, the OG FGP design does sound similar to the original cast putters like the Anser, particularly those with a sound slot.

Ha. Putters are overrated anyway.

I plan to get so good I can kick everything in.

:bicker:

Ha. Putters are overrated anyway.

I plan to get so good I can kick everything in.

You guys need a hug...

Man the face milling on these are truly incredible!

SeeMore really did a fantastic job on these didn't they??

Hopefully the greens here will heel by next weekend so I can roll this guy on some real grass instead of flippin' carpet! Ugh, why does everything have to work against you?

FWIW. We're good. And never had an issue.

I figured as much Blu, I was just making "light of it"...

Congrats on your Z Series, btw!

I figured as much Blu, I was just making "light of it"...

Congrats on your Z Series, btw!

I know man. I just wanted to broadcast for the rest of the forum.

And thank you.

Just an FYI regarding my experience with the PTM1.

Love the looks, love the setup, not in love with the weight. I had SeeMore increase the weight from 335 to 345 when I originally ordered the putter. After a couple of weeks experience with it, it's just too light (for me). Called SeeMore this morning and they gave me a RA# to send it to them and they're going to increase the weight to about 360-365 grams to get my swingweight up to E3 or E4. They are also going to check the loft because it seems too lofted (again, to me). I hope this does the trick...

One thing I didn't particularly care for was the SeeMore rep asked for my credit card for charges on the weight/possible loft change. I know there is labor and shipping involved but I just assumed (perhaps wrongfully so) that any issues within the first few days/weeks might be taken care of as a goodwill type of customer service. Nevertheless, I'll be boxing the PTM1 up and sending it in for additional customization. I highly recommend trying the putter(s) out prior to ordering if possible because I would've ordered differently if I'd had the opportunity to test before purchasing...

The issue I'm having is getting long putts to the hole. Inside of 15 feet, no issues at all. Outside that range and I'm leaving everything short (very short, 3 feet or more). The putter just feels too light and not as solid when you have to give the ball a big stroke. It's hard for me to feel the speed on lags...

Back