The Belfry - this weekend

adam6177

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all

As part of my friends stag do we're heading to the Belfry this weekend to play the Derby on Friday afternoon and then the PGA national on saturday morning.

There's 8 of us going ranging in handicaps from 16-28. To make things a little easier for the higher handicaps I've put together a excel spreadsheet with the hole by hole breakdown off the Belfrys website, but what I'm really after is one of those course guides that has distances to/from bunkers, ponds etc

I've had a good trawl around the net and cant find what I'm looking for - anyone have any bright ideas?

Thanks

Adam

You prob won't find one to download. I would say use Google earth and measure it but you are really at the 11th hour with this.

yeah, fair point Richard - have you played there? (I see you're local(ish)) do you know if they sell them at the course?

I've been playing fairly well (for me) recently so would love to have a good couple of days there.

I would doubt that somewhere like the Belfry would have something with that much detail online for anyone to just grab so about the only option you will have is what Richard suggested, and I would be very surprised if they don't sell course guides when you get there

I am hoping they do, as a number of us are heading there at the beginning of June as per THIS thread

What about ringing the course and asking them to post you stroke savers. If you rang them today they would prob arrive in the post tomorrow

Yeh I've played there many times. I am sure I have planners at home for the pga and brab.

I could send to you but with the crap post at the mo you may not get it til Friday.

Hi Richard

Thats very kind, but I suspect you're right.....I'll wait until I get there and see what they have. Any tips for either course appreciated...

Derby is a rather bland and an easy course but with the Pga stay out of the sand and you will be ok.

The pga is a real good course. I prefer it to the brabazon. Tighter with more slopes on the greens.

one word there scares me "tighter" - think I'll pack the bag with cheaper balls!

Cant wait to play there, just hope the weather holds up!

one word there scares me "tighter" - think I'll pack the bag with cheaper balls!

Cant wait to play there, just hope the weather holds up!

Don't forget to let us know how it goes, and take plenty pics for a review

You might want to keep quiet about the golfers who have a handicap of 25 or greater as well.

The Belfry has a max handicap of 24 on the PGA National course and they will stop people from playing it if they find out.

The person who organised the trip should have received that information direct from the Belfry - it's in their terms and conditions.

You might want to keep quiet about the golfers who have a handicap of 25 or greater as well.

The Belfry has a max handicap of 24 on the PGA National course and they will stop people from playing it if they find out.

The person who organised the trip should have received that information direct from the Belfry - it's in their terms and conditions.

they already know - the group organiser was upfront about it.

TBH think they're desperate for the cash.

Back