2013 NFL Draft Contest & Thread

Maybe it's just me, but this draft is so bloody boring. There just doesn't seem to be any star power anywhere in this draft, outside of a couple guys here and there. I can't recall a year I have paid as little attention to the draft, as I have this year.
I agree completely, there doesn't seem to be too many flashy choices, I know towards the end of the first round one of the Draft promos had Teo and Geno Smith in it, I guess they were trying to force the flashy picks, but no team bit on them!

The one thing about Frederick. He lead one of the best lines in college football the last few years. Look at how UW's running game has been while he was there. Look at the production.

I agree - I see and to some extent understand the criticism on giving so many picks up for Patterson but bottom line is they believe they got 3 first day starts out of this draft already when most teams are looking for two. That team could be really could in a couple years if Ponder can grip

I really like what Minnesota did tonight.

Sorry if this video has already been posted, I just heard about it on ESPN radio, great reaction from him and his friends!!!
[video=youtube_share;F-9lhgBXPEk]http://youtu.be/F-9lhgBXPEk[/video]

The one thing about Frederick. He lead one of the best lines in college football the last few years. Look at how UW's running game has been while he was there. Look at the production.
Hummmmm......

Geoff Ketchum @gkketch
The only Big 10 player taken in the first round didn't make the all-league team last year. Hey Jerry, we call that symbolism....
8:39 AM - 26 Apr 2013

ESPN insider

[h=4]Offensive Center Specific Traits[/h]
Pass Protection2Adequate initial quickness and a powerful punch. Very quick with his hands. Technically sound with angles. Does a great job of helping out OG while keeping head on swivel. Rarely gives ground to bull rush. Has good core strength and upper body power. Lacks ideal quickness and athleticism at OC. Occasionally struggles to redirect laterally in time to pick up quick blitz/stunt. Feet will occasionally go dead after initial contact in pass pro, which is an area he can improve upon.
Run Blocking1Strong, mauling interior OL in the run game. Lacks ideal mobility and can be slow getting out to second-level at times. But a smart, crafty run blocker with good initial quickness off the ball. Does an excellent job with first step angles as a reach and scoop blocker. Has quick, strong hands and is crafty with hand placement/usage (gets away with a lot of clutching and grabbing of DL because of his inside placement). Has enough upper body strength (21 reps of 225) to lock out and the lower-body strength to drive defenders off the line.
Awareness2Very good awareness in pass pro. Keeps head on a swivel. Helps as long as possible before peeling off to pick up twist, stunt, or delayed blitz. Can look a bit lost on second-level as a run blocker at times. Has experience at both OC and OG, much like 2012 second-round pick and former teammate Peter Konz (Falcons).
Toughness1Plays with a chip. Not content until he has finished the DL off. Shows some savvy with hand-to-hand combat.
1 = Exceptional2 = Above average3 = Average4 = Below average5 = Marginal

I give ESPN Zero credibility on grading NFL talent. All I'm doing is presenting the facts and the questions I have about the guy. They grabbed the 9th OL taken in the 1st round so there were 8 others that were graded higher than him. I'm all about getting value in the draft but this just seemed like a panic reach for a 1st rounder. If he comes out and lights it up on the OL, I will be the first to take back my doubt. I hope the kid proves me and the rest of us Cowboy fans wrong.

Dude this DaTONE Mother effin Jones fella looks legit. Guy was basically drafted to stop the read option.

And we're off.

I like that pick a lot to start off day two. I would've liked to see him in a Steelers jersey.

And Goodell screws up Keith Bulluck's college, haha.

When will the winner be announced?

And we're off.

I like that pick a lot to start off day two. I would've liked to see him in a Steelers jersey.

I'm glad to see him in a Jags jersey. They were never taking a QB at the top of Round 2, not matter what the "experts" wanted to mock all day.

Cyprien will be a great hitter for us. Haven't had one since Donovan Darius retired. Gus Bradley will love this kid in his defense.

Looks like I had 6/15 in the correct spot, not sure how the scoring is done for this, had 12/15 correct if order is not included. Had Jones correct at 17

Te'o!!

Bye bye Sanchise!!

So ESPN keeps telling me how much the fans love it. Maybe you shouldn't show the booing fans as you are spinning the pick.

Is this real life?

The Jets are at it again.

Oh, those silly Jets... the circus gets even circus-ier.

It's like the Jets are trying to be the laughing stock of the league.

It's like the Jets are trying to be the laughing stock of the league.

They are closing running right beside the Cowgirls for the title.

Back