Central IL, St Louis, Indianapolis Area Gathering

What route are you coming Playdough? Perhaps we could carpool.

Honestly not sure. I threw it in google nav just to get an idea of time and distance but didn't look at the route. I would assume its going to take up 74 somewhere but I really don't know.

Edit: Looks like I'm on 74 all the way to I think it said War Memorial drive...So a super easy drive me..looking forward to that easy drive.

Honestly not sure. I threw it in google nav just to get an idea of time and distance but didn't look at the route. I would assume its going to take up 74 somewhere but I really don't know.

Edit: Looks like I'm on 74 all the way to I think it said War Memorial drive...So a super easy drive me..looking forward to that easy drive.

I'm in Danville, IL just off 74 if you'd be interested.

Ok..we can discuss it closer to time...still not sure of my exact plan yet but I will let you know.

I spoke to the club pro at Weaver Ridge today about our gathering and seems that due to the recent flooding / weather our weekend has been taken by some reschedualed outings I'm sorry to say. He said he could still get us on but we would be competing in the middle of an outing and I didn't think that was something we wanted to deal with.

I was able to get us spots reserved at 9am on Sunday at Metamora Fields, which was mentioned previously by others and a course I've played a good amount on. The cost will be about the same ($55 with cart) and is still a very nice course. A little about the course, it's a D.A. Weibring course (designed TPC Deere Run among others). It's an open course that is good for all abilities and goes for a prairie / links feel. It's a newer course and only been open a couple years but they've done a nice job with it. It's located about 10 min's north of Peoria on the east side of the river, so will be a little closer for those coming in from the East and is pretty easy to find. There aren't a ton of photo's on the website of the holes, will see if I can get out for a round in the next couple weeks to get some pic's for everybody.

Links about the course:
http://www.metamorafields.com/index.php
http://www.weibringwolfard.com/courses_new/metamora.html

Hopefully this is ok with everybody, think we'll have an awesome time here. For those who come in on Saturday (or want a little more on Sunday) we can get afternoon rounds in at Weaver if anybody wants.

Hey farther east is good with good with me!

Thanks for the work man!

Plays about 7100 from the tips; you'll be able to bomb it there.
[h=2]Scorecard[/h]
TeeParLengthSlopeRating
Championship717100 yd.13074.1
Black716663 yd.12572.1
Blue716209 yd.12070
White715793 yd.11568.1
Red (W)714939 yd.11568.3

Bhilin, thanks for setting the tee times up! Metamora Fields sounds great and will be a new course for me. I played a very soggy Weaver Ridge once, almost exactly 2 years ago, so it's old hat to me. :act-up:

Yes thanks for setting it up, really looking forward to this mini-outing.

Nice work bhilln! Thanks for setting this up buddy.

Should be fun. I've played Metamora Fields a couple of times. Very nice course.

I've been upgraded from "off the scale" to a "maybe" for this outing. If I can get the work done on my clubs in time, I can play if there's room for me. If I am able to attend, who's playing Saturday?

I've been upgraded from "off the scale" to a "maybe" for this outing. If I can get the work done on my clubs in time, I can play if there's room for me. If I am able to attend, who's playing Saturday?

Right on, I Hope you can make it, the more the merrier.

Hawk and I plan on playing sat, not sure if anybody else will be able to join us yet.

I'd like to join in if not too late, right now Sunday only.

well, my builder tells me the shafts I want are in high demand and could be backordered. I could be lucky and take a few days, could take a whole lot longer. I'm holding out hope that my clubs will be ready by next Friday. I can just grab them on my way out on town then. I won't know for sure my status until mid next week.

I might be able to fit this into my schedule. I would like to bring my ever present golf buddy with me, even though he isn't a THP member, if possible.

DonW, manlai & giedz (and friend) - you are all more than welcome to join us. I will say that the sooner you know the better. We only have two tee times at the moment and four players for each one. This is going to be a Sunday at prime time at a popular course, so if we don't know soon we might not be able to get another tee time. Let me know asap.

I'm in for Sunday May 5th, been searching the thread for exact time but no luck is it set yet?

Right around 9. At the moment, we only have two tee times reserved. I'll see if bhilln can get hold of them soon, but he's at the OH Invitational today.

Don - bhilln reserved a third tee time, so you are on the list of confirmed people. First group tees off at 9am.

Hawkster...I tried to drum a little support for ya over at ohio and may have gotten a couple more. Golfinff and jkittles and maybe Hitman show some interest. Might shoot them a Pm as I'm not sure how often they pass through this section or this thread..

Excellent. bhilln mentioned something similar! We have room for three right now. Would be awesome to have 12 of us. I don't know about you, but I'm excited about this!

I'm super excited for this, my game is in the crapper atm but should be a very good time.

I'm super excited for this, my game is in the crapper atm but should be a very good time.

Fear not my friend. You're not alone.

Back