Houston Area THP group

We haven't decided on a course yet....Timber Creek in Friendswood was mentioned or maybe Wildcat and play the Lakes course, anybody else have any other suggestions?

Southwyck, Clear Creek, Wildcat are all good choices. I played the lakes a month ago, wind was brutal makes for a brutal round. Not that I need any help for a brutal round.

Never played Timber Creek or Clear Creek.

How many think they can make it next Friday?

I'm in for a round but can only play on the weekends usually. I'd love to play Timber Creek.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Weekends only for me as well for 99% of the time. If yall get together, have a good time and I hope to make it to one of these shortly!

i am 50/50 . it prob depends on location for me ... i will suggest Meadowbrook Farms, SFA, Cinco Ranch to make me 100 percent in if those are picked lol

How many think they can make it next Friday?
I can if tee time is around 3ish. I live near reliant so pretty central, maybe I can convince a co-worker to join us.

i am 50/50 . it prob depends on location for me ... i will suggest Meadowbrook Farms, SFA, Cinco Ranch to make me 100 percent in if those are picked lol

What happened trae? Couldn't find a course in Brookshire? Haha, just kidding man. I'll be there Tim and will almost definitely be +1 with my normal playing partner. I normally play in the morning (10ish) but I'm flexible to something a little later if it works for people and it hasn't been too terrible hot in the afternoon yet. CFerg will probably be in if I had to guess since he will be at home, just waiting on a text response from him.

What happened trae? Couldn't find a course in Brookshire? Haha, just kidding man. I'll be there Tim and will almost definitely be +1 with my normal playing partner. I normally play in the morning (10ish) but I'm flexible to something a little later if it works for people and it hasn't been too terrible hot in the afternoon yet. CFerg will probably be in if I had to guess since he will be at home, just waiting on a text response from him.

No courses in brookshire ! Lol ...we should do Herman park

Herman is central and low cost, no idea of how good the condition is.

Played Hermann few weeks ago, greens were slower than a turtles race. However tee box and fairways were in ok shape. Played 10 holes and started around 6 for $15.

Guys, if I end up in Austin or Houston next fall, I'll Join your group! All depends on where I get accepted. Looks like a solid group!

No courses in brookshire ! Lol ...we should do Herman park

Played Hermann few weeks ago, greens were slower than a turtles race. However tee box and fairways were in ok shape. Played 10 holes and started around 6 for $15.

The biggest problem with Herman is if you play on a weekend you can expect 6-7 hour rounds....it's crazy slow!

Looks like most can only play weekends and that's understandable.....Gomer Golfer can't make a Saturday this round...but I can play with him Friday and we can play somewhere else on Saturday the 18th.

If we decided to play on Saturday the 18th, how many could make it?

The biggest problem with Herman is if you play on a weekend you can expect 6-7 hour rounds....it's crazy slow!

Looks like most can only play weekends and that's understandable.....Gomer Golfer can't make a Saturday this round...but I can play with him Friday and we can play somewhere else on Saturday the 18th.

If we decided to play on Saturday the 18th, how many could make it?
As for Saturday depending on venue and time, actually just time. I have two little boys (4year old & 10month old), so the earlier the better or else mama catches fits.

Count me in on the 18th. I should be wide open time-wise, so I'm down for whatever.

hermann greens have never been anything but slow lol

wish i could get you guys to road trip to wolfdancer

hermann greens have never been anything but slow lol

wish i could get you guys to road trip to wolfdancer

Tim and I have been talking about heading up that way (more towards San Antonio) to get a round in with Dtak and others who may want to join in... We have talked about possibly the Quarry, but Wolfdancer could be a good possibility. It'd be a long day, but it definitely could all be done in 1 day, for sure.

Tim and I have been talking about heading up that way (more towards San Antonio) to get a round in with Dtak and others who may want to join in... We have talked about possibly the Quarry, but Wolfdancer could be a good possibility. It'd be a long day, but it definitely could all be done in 1 day, for sure.

Well lets set it up.. if we plan it Sun-Thurs we can get a 69 dollar rate through texasgolfon.com .i think regular green fee is $145

ive wanted to get a round in at the quarry as well as the bandit.

a really sweet road trip would be to fredricksburg where they filmed that one golf movie with robert duval

Well lets set it up.. if we plan it Sun-Thurs we can get a 69 dollar rate through texasgolfon.com .i think regular green fee is $145

Why not? I'm down. Weekends will work the best for me though unless we can still get that rate on weekday holidays as well (maybe Memorial Day, or 4th of July). We are a little shorthanded at work at the moment, so it'd be tough for me to take a day off right now.

Weekends and actually Sundays are really the only day I get to play. I have class ever other Saturday all day. I hope everyone has a good time.

looks like they upped that price to 89 dollars on texasgolfon.com might be out of some guys price range but its worth every penny. i have to go to our data center in austin this weak so i may be playing tomorrow lol

Tim, any thoughts on courses if we get enough people together on the 18th?

Tim, any thoughts on courses if we get enough people together on the 18th?

I am wide open really....honestly since I am so far south I would prefer something more central than far north...but I can be swayed...LOL.

Let's open it up....suggestions for courses for Saturday the 18th?

Just a few courses for suggestion. Most of these are on the South or West side to make it a bit closer for you, Tim:

Eagle Pointe (Mont Belvieu; long drive for everyone, but it's a fun course)
Wildcat
Greatwood
Cinco Ranch
Meadowbrook
Blackhorse ($$$)
Cypress Lakes
Houston National
Battleground

Again, though, I am really down for wherever.

Back