SwingByte 2 Preview - THP TV

Thanks! You can order from us direct - it's $14 shipping + customs works out to $10 for Canada. We ship to Canada via DHL.

Thanks for the reply. I think I will wait for this great product to hit the store shelves up here.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the reply. I think I will wait for this great product to hit the store shelves up here.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

GolfTown carries SB1 if there's one by you. They should have SB2 soon as well.

the updated iPad app is now available in the app store. let us know if anything comes up!

Good to see SB2 shipping this weekend Alex.

Well done.

Any updates on the Android version of the app? Just curious. :)

I saw the app was updated for the SwingByte 2, any status on shipping of them?

I just got my new swingbyte and it doesn't appear to be working. It doesn't record any swings.

Are the lights supposed to be orange and red? I thought they were supposed to be green and blue

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

orange for power, red for connected. shoot support a note, we'll see what's up.

orange for power, red for connected. shoot support a note, we'll see what's up.

I just got an email from tech support and they helped me figure out my issue. I was mounting it like the old swing byte which is mounted on the side of the shaft (3 o'clock position). Apparently, we are supposed to mount it on top of the shaft now (12 o'clock position)

I just got an email from tech support and they helped me figure out my issue. I was mounting it like the old swing byte which is mounted on the side of the shaft (3 o'clock position). Apparently, we are supposed to mount it on top of the shaft now (12 o'clock position)

That is pretty quick customer support, well done SB.

Working on it... still a bit out, but it's the biggest thing on our radar right now..

Is it a big blob on the radar or just a tiny dot still? Can you tell I'm impatient. :act-up:

Hey guys,

New to the forum. I've been reading with interest regarding the Swingbyte 2 so I decided to purchase one. So far I am quite disappointed to be honest. Virtually every one of my wedge shots requires me having to adjust the device as it keeps falling down the shaft and the little buckle keeps coming loose. I thought this was fixed with the new version? It doesn't happen much with my driver and woods but with all other clubs it happens much too often. I am also finding the readings very inaccurate. My bad shot is a hook or closed club face. I thought this was down to me coming 'over the top' with my shots but the Swingbyte 2 seems to tell me differently. I thought the club in-out meant that I am hitting the ball from inside to out; therefore I can't be coming over the top. Am I correct here or not?

I don't understand most of the output data from Swingbyte but I thought I would at least be able to learn more about it in the app. But there's very little info available. It sort of explains what each measurement does but does not mention at all what I should be aiming for? What is the ideal tempo? What should Face to Path, Face to Address, Face to Plane, Shaft Lean etc all be? How is this a training aid if you don't know if you're doing good or bad? I have the tips turned on but the only two tips I am ever give is Swing Plane and Arc Width. I am using the Android version which I did not know at time of purchase that the new update software wasn't/isn't available yet. I hope it is soon because the one at the moment is not very good. Why do I have 3 sets of every club in my bag? I most certainly didn't add them. I am going to return this product early next week if I can't get these issues sorted. My main concerns are:

1) How do you stop the device from coming loose and sliding down the club shaft?
2) Why are my results so inaccurate? I deliberately hit some should well 'over the top' and with a wide open face, yet sometimes the reading would be face is either slightly closed or slightly open. It should be at least 10 degrees open.
3) My avg in/out plane with my driver is 4.2. Does this mean I am coming 'over the top' or not? From the shot replays it looks like I am but I thought the plane reading would then read 'out-in'.
4) When is the new Android version coming out? I really don't like the current version
5) This app is in desperate need of a more thorough explanation on what each measurement does and what is the ideal range. Is this going to be added later?
6) Swing tips only every give me two tips. My swing arc is good but my swing plane is bad???

Sorry guys I really hate to be a kill-joy here but I am just so disappointed as I've spent £145 on a training aid that has done nothing but confuse me! That's another annoyance. The retail price here in the UK is almost the same in US dollars so we are paying around $215 for the same product? Swingbyte - why does it cost so much more in the UK?

Thanks guys and I really, really hope someone can help me with these issues!

Try to put some masking tape on the shaft to make it a little thicker. That would solve your slipping and poor data results.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Good idea actually. It seems to happen with my wedges almost always and it will happen occasionally with my irons. Thanks for the suggestion! Is there somewhere I can find an explanation on each measurement and what and ideal target range should be? Thanks.

Hey guys,

New to the forum. I've been reading with interest regarding the Swingbyte 2 so I decided to purchase one. So far I am quite disappointed to be honest. Virtually every one of my wedge shots requires me having to adjust the device as it keeps falling down the shaft and the little buckle keeps coming loose. I thought this was fixed with the new version? It doesn't happen much with my driver and woods but with all other clubs it happens much too often. I am also finding the readings very inaccurate. My bad shot is a hook or closed club face. I thought this was down to me coming 'over the top' with my shots but the Swingbyte 2 seems to tell me differently. I thought the club in-out meant that I am hitting the ball from inside to out; therefore I can't be coming over the top. Am I correct here or not?

I don't understand most of the output data from Swingbyte but I thought I would at least be able to learn more about it in the app. But there's very little info available. It sort of explains what each measurement does but does not mention at all what I should be aiming for? What is the ideal tempo? What should Face to Path, Face to Address, Face to Plane, Shaft Lean etc all be? How is this a training aid if you don't know if you're doing good or bad? I have the tips turned on but the only two tips I am ever give is Swing Plane and Arc Width. I am using the Android version which I did not know at time of purchase that the new update software wasn't/isn't available yet. I hope it is soon because the one at the moment is not very good. Why do I have 3 sets of every club in my bag? I most certainly didn't add them. I am going to return this product early next week if I can't get these issues sorted. My main concerns are:

1) How do you stop the device from coming loose and sliding down the club shaft?
2) Why are my results so inaccurate? I deliberately hit some should well 'over the top' and with a wide open face, yet sometimes the reading would be face is either slightly closed or slightly open. It should be at least 10 degrees open.
3) My avg in/out plane with my driver is 4.2. Does this mean I am coming 'over the top' or not? From the shot replays it looks like I am but I thought the plane reading would then read 'out-in'.
4) When is the new Android version coming out? I really don't like the current version
5) This app is in desperate need of a more thorough explanation on what each measurement does and what is the ideal range. Is this going to be added later?
6) Swing tips only every give me two tips. My swing arc is good but my swing plane is bad???

Sorry guys I really hate to be a kill-joy here but I am just so disappointed as I've spent £145 on a training aid that has done nothing but confuse me! That's another annoyance. The retail price here in the UK is almost the same in US dollars so we are paying around $215 for the same product? Swingbyte - why does it cost so much more in the UK?

Thanks guys and I really, really hope someone can help me with these issues!

Good idea actually. It seems to happen with my wedges almost always and it will happen occasionally with my irons. Thanks for the suggestion! Is there somewhere I can find an explanation on each measurement and what and ideal target range should be? Thanks.

Hi Mr. Krabs, and welcome to THP!

I've actually just finished writing the review on the SwingByte 2.0 (preview thread here with some early thoughts and images: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?45643-Swingbyte-2-0-THP-Preview).

I've reviewed a loooooooooooot of swing devices and apps now for THP and the actual issues with the clamp you are seeing really do shock me. I've never had any issues with any slippage around or up and down the shaft, IMO it really is the best clamping mechanism on the market as I can't even move it when really trying to after its locked. That said, I just went and grabbed driver, 7i, and 60* to try it again are REALLY attempt to make it move down the shaft and all three shafts fit the same. Snug as can be with no movement for me.

Now, my question, do you have the version with the single strap/buckle or the one that looks like this:
DSC_0339-L.jpg

I only ask because when you talk about the buckle moving it makes me thing this one:
item1.png

Top is the 2.0 and bottom is the 1.0 which had many many many known issues with the strap/buckle.

Being that you are running the android version without the update being released just yet could be issues with the numbers. I know for me I was actually blown away with how accurate this device is overall. Putting multiple swings on the ball yielded the results I would expect to see for that swing path time and time again. Although, if the device is slipping that its likely a large portion of your issues.

As to the breaking down of the info, the Swingbyte certainly doesn't give you a step by step as to what the ideal numbers are unlike some other devices, for me I liken it to a device that is most effective for someone who knows a bit about the golf swing and path/plane/setup numbers. It is not going to walk you through drills or info as to what you should be looking for no doubt. For some that is an issue I fully agree and hopefully something we see them add in over time as it would be helpful to some for sure.

This boggles me as even when I try my hardest I cannot get the new mechanism to move, through the swing or just by force.

Device movement could play a huge role here. Over the top does not ensure that your club face will be open, it is definitely common and thusly produces a slice for many, but a fair portion of OTT'ers also hook the ball with a closed face.

The in/out plane just tells you with that that your club is coming from out to in on your swing, doesn't necessarily mean its OTT, the video (as you said) is what will tell you if you are OTT or not. The plane reading in mine always says out-in or in-out with mine (iOS though, could be an update thing?).

I would email the company and ask, they are really good at getting back to people. Really good question IMO.

As I mentioned above, I don't think the Swingbyte is that device to go through the step by step explanation and all the swing tips. It simply gives the golfer the information to use and digest as they see fit. I would almost compare it to a "players iron" in golf equipment terms. That said, I do think further explanation on what is ideal could be a worthwhile addition.

Probably referring to that OTT move being bad but the arc (width) of your swing is good. Could, again be an update issue.

I would seriously shoot them an email, for me their customer service has always been phenomenal and I'm sure they'll do all they can to get your issues solved. To me that would be worthwhile because I firmly believe the 2.0 is one hell of a solid product.

Hopefully you get it all worked out.

Many, many thanks for the detailed reply Jman. Really appreciate it! Yes mine is the same as yours. It's definitely a Swingbyte 2. I've taken a couple of pictures as there appears to be an exposed wire inside which worries me. It also protrudes into the centre of the device when it is closed. Surely this isn't right. See pictures below:

j0si.jpg

9rub.jpg

This is perhaps why the shaft keeps slipping off?

Many, many thanks for the detailed reply Jman. Really appreciate it! Yes mine is the same as yours. It's definitely a Swingbyte 2. I've taken a couple of pictures as there appears to be an exposed wire inside which worries me. It also protrudes into the centre of the device when it is closed. Surely this isn't right. See pictures below:

j0si.jpg

9rub.jpg

This is perhaps why the shaft keeps slipping off?

Dude, I'd bet ANY amount of money that is the issue. Shoot their customer support an email or give them a call, heck even take it back where you got it and see if they'll exchange. I promise you that is the root of the slippage evils and more than likely why the numbers seem so off.

Happy to help dude, that's the beauty about THP, no condescension and always someone willing to try and help!

Dude, I'd bet ANY amount of money Swing byte he issue. Shoot their customer support an email or give them a call, heck even take it back where you got it and see if they'll exchange. I promise you that is the root of the slippage evils and more than likely why the numbers seem so off.

Happy to help dude, that's the beauty about THP, no condescension and always someone willing to try and help!

Thanks again Jman! I have submitted a ticket with the Swingbyte support team so hopefully they'll give me a few pointers on where to go with this. Thank you!

Thanks again Jman! I have submitted a ticket with the Swingbyte support team so hopefully they'll give me a few pointers on where to go with this. Thank you!

Good deal. Hopefully they take care of you!

No question SB will take care of you. They have the best customer support I have ever seen.

mrkrabs - not sure how that could have happened, but that definitely warrants a replacement. you should hear back from support shortly.

Thanks for the replies guys. I will let you know when I get a reply from the support team.

Out of interest, do you think it would be a good idea to create a thread specifically for Swingbyte users where you upload screenshots/videos of your good swings and compare with others? The reason I ask is that only then will all the stats begin to make sense.

Hi guys,

I received a fairly comprehensive update from Swingbyte and I'm pretty pleased with the response. They acknowledged that my device looks to be faulty and should be replaced. They also acknowledged that, with thinner club shafts, there may be a tendency for the Swingbyte to slide down the club. They said "To that end, we’re also working on an alternative latch for those that want a more secure (and consequently more time consuming) attachment system. Once ready, it will be shipped free of charge to all current SB2 owners." This is great news.

There is still no mention of when the update Android version will be released except that they are working hard on firstly, the tablet version followed by the phone version.

I wasn't actually aware that I could log in to the website. It seems that it has additional features and also swing analysis of tour players etc. I realise that I am never going to be a tour player but at least it is possible to tell what parts of my swing are way off what they should be. Overall, I'm very pleased with the response!

Back