Which Hand?

• Total voters

Diane

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked before and I did do a search (although it was half hearted) to satisfy Craig, but couldn't find anything. It seems that the percentage of left handed golfers here is greater than the left handed population in general so I thought I'd ask. Do you play golf left handed or right handed?

I play right handed but also can play left handed. I played left handed for years but got tried of trying to find clubs for lefties and switched to right handed. Keep in mind I started playing about 1960 0r so left handed clubs were rare. I do a number of things left handed, I write majority of the time right handed but can write left, play softball and baseball left handed. I guess you say I'm just mixed up.

Flawed poll. You're missing several handeds.

Kevin

I play right handed but also can play left handed. I played left handed for years but got tried of trying to find clubs for lefties and switched to right handed. Keep in mind I started playing about 1960 0r so left handed clubs were rare. I do a number of things left handed, I write majority of the time right handed but can write left, play softball and baseball left handed. I guess you say I'm just mixed up.

Thats pretty impressive. Did you get the same ball flight from both sides? I played with a guy last month that hit all of his clubs right handed but putted left handed.

Righty here.

Thats pretty impressive. Did you get the same ball flight from both sides? I played with a guy last month that hit all of his clubs right handed but putted left handed.

I actually get a little more distance left handed, yes I do get about the same ball flight. have about the same control on the left side. I switched back to left handed a few years ago and played all summer that way it had been years not playing left. Have thought seriously about buying a set of left handed clubs just so I can switch back and forth. I use to carry a left handed pitching wedge in my bag just for the times I got in trouble around trees etc. works real good and has saved a stroke or two. In my gym works out and I can lift more with my left then I can with my right.

How would you have written the poll?

I thought several of the less recognized handeds might appreciate some representation. Expand the options for those that don't look at the world from just one side or the other.

1) Other handed
2) Under handed
3) Over handed
4) Back handed
5) Fore handed
6) Off handed
7) Poker handed

Kevin

Thank you Kevin. Feel free to create the next poll - although I have other polls in mind myself.

Thank you Kevin. Feel free to create the next poll - although I have other polls in mind myself.

Oh, no thanks. You're the poll/thread starter. I'm not original enough for that. I'll just chime in if you don't mind.

Kevin

I'm left handed but play golf from the right side

It seems that the percentage of left handed golfers here is greater than the left handed population in general so I thought I'd ask.
It probably just looks that way, because lefties are known to run their mouths incessantly! Think John McEnroe or Phil Mickelson!! It must be part of that flaw!

Spoiler

:D j/k

I am left hand dominant, but play golf right handed. It allows me to pull the club through the impact zone with my already dominant side. Actually I am ambidextrous. Except for a few problem shots where my left side has come in handy, I have never played golf left handed. In other sports I shoot basketballs left handed, I bat left handed, but I throw right handed. My oldest daughter has fraternal twins who can write simultaneously with both hands. My daughters, their husbands, and my wife are right handed. All six grand kids are left handed. Go figure.

I am a leftie. Do everything left handed. Considering that the population is approximately 1 in 7 left handed and in the US golfers are only 1 in 20 left handed, your premise is even more surprising. In the rest of the world, the ratio of left handed golfers follows the population in general, only in America is the ratio different. I think it has to do with our Puritanical roots, left handedness being the mark of the devil and all.

I play right-handed. My left hand is pretty untalented.

It probably just looks that way, because lefties are known to run their mouths incessantly! Think John McEnroe or Phil Mickelson!! It must be part of that flaw!

Spoiler

:D j/k

I think you're right. We're talking C-Tech, BigLefty, Esox, Bama and of course Claire so of course it seems like there are more of them.

I think you're right. We're talking C-Tech, BigLefty, Esox, Bama and of course Claire so of course it seems like there are more of them.

Speaking for the group, we resemble that remark.:D:banana:

I'm left handed but play golf from the right side.

Left handed- I can't do anything rightie.

I am left hand dominant, but play golf right handed. It allows me to pull the club through the impact zone with my already dominant side. Actually I am ambidextrous. Except for a few problem shots where my left side has come in handy, I have never played golf left handed. In other sports I shoot basketballs left handed, I bat left handed, but I throw right handed. My oldest daughter has fraternal twins who can write simultaneously with both hands. My daughters, their husbands, and my wife are right handed. All six grand kids are left handed. Go figure.

Left handed- I can't do anything rightie.

I'm with Ask. Wish I could play Rightie, but I"m just too darned left handed. I am right eye dominant, so at least that helps when lining up shots.

I'm a rightie. About the only thing I ever learned to do left handed was bat. I couldn't hit well enough to do it in a game situation, but was decent in the batting cage.

I am a leftie. Do everything left handed. Considering that the population is approximately 1 in 7 left handed and in the US golfers are only 1 in 20 left handed, your premise is even more surprising. In the rest of the world, the ratio of left handed golfers follows the population in general, only in America is the ratio different.

It appears that THP left handed golfers are following the population in general, but many people didn't respond to the poll yet.

It appears that THP left handed golfers are following the population in general, but many people didn't respond to the poll yet.

I noticed that as well. Maybe us lefties are gregarious as well.:D

With a little practice I can do just about anything left handed that I can do right handed. I play golf right hand but I play pool left handed, shoot a rifle left handed, among other things.

Back