Cobra Baffler Hybrid Irons Preview

I've been playing these since November when I won them from Cobra (thanks again to THP for alerting me of the contest and CobraPuma!!!) and my scores have gone down because I'm hitting way more GIR. Don't really love the hybrids yet, but the irons are giving me the most consistent ball fight I've ever had. It might be the graphite shafts versus my old Cobra hybrids that had steel? Love the irons, though, and might look into getting a 6i to replace the 6h.

I've been playing these since November when I won them from Cobra (thanks again to THP for alerting me of the contest and CobraPuma!!!) and my scores have gone down because I'm hitting way more GIR. Don't really love the hybrids yet, but the irons are giving me the most consistent ball fight I've ever had. It might be the graphite shafts versus my old Cobra hybrids that had steel? Love the irons, though, and might look into getting a 6i to replace the 6h.

What irons were you playing before these? Glad to hear they are helping to lower your scores.

I checked these out in person again yesterday, very interesting, I have no idea they can help a lot of people lower their scores for sure.

I had some Mizuno MX-19 SGI from circa 2007. Still like the old Cobra hybrids more but I love these baffler irons.

With all of the other new clubs grabbing headlines lately I haven't heard much about these Cobra Baffler irons. I've read this thread from those that tried them at various demo days. I understand the looks are a turn off to some- anybody currently gaming them? thoughts? Sorry if I missed a review thread along the way.

Opinions Wanted On Cobra Baffler Combo Irons/Hyb

Opinions Wanted On Cobra Baffler Combo Irons/Hyb

I did the search and didn't find anything of any substance on these clubs.

We just snagged a new set of 2012 Cobra Baffler irons off of ebay for my stepdad. It is the set with a 4-6 hyb with graphite shafts and 7iron-GW in steel.

He has been playing, and struggling mightily with, a 7 year old set of Titleist blades. He doesn't have time to do lessons, is lucky to get to play once a month, and gets very discouraged with his horribly inconsistent ballflight. Slices most every shot and gets very little height with most clubs. He has hit my Cobra Amp irons and seen better results, so we figured he could benefit from something in the Max GI category.

SO, my question is....have any of my fellow THPers had any experience with the Cobra Baffler combo set? The clubs came yesterday and they sure do look and feel like what he needs to enjoy the game a bit more, but I would like to hear any feedback from you guys about what we can expect when he starts hitting balls with them.

I merged this with an existing thread that might have all the info you are looking for.

I merged this with an existing thread that might have all the info you are looking for.

Sorry and thank you JB...I have no clue why I didn't find this when I searched...I must have missed the forest due to the trees...hahaha

Exactly what I was looking for in this thread....and the more I read the more convinced I am that we made a good choice for my step dad. Thanks for all the info guys.

A little bump as the Cobra staffers are ordering irons. Golf made easy fellas.

A little bump as the Cobra staffers are ordering irons. Golf made easy fellas.
I tried them and they didn't work great for me, but I hope to see some of them in someone's bag!

Anyone even giving these consideration?

Anyone even giving these consideration?

It doesn't appear so. I hit these in Iowa and just couldn't get use to the head shape. I think these could be great but the AMP cells have so much tech packed into a nicer looking package IMO.

It doesn't appear so. I hit these in Iowa and just couldn't get use to the head shape. I think these could be great but the AMP cells have so much tech packed into a nicer looking package IMO.
I did not get along with them either when I hit them in Atlanta last fall. However, I do remember watching SeeMoreGuy hit shot after shot on the range with these and absolutely murder them!

These look better than the Altitudes...but that's not saying much.

On again/Off again golfer all my life with scores around 90-100 in the Tampabay Area. These irons are by far the best I have ever used, and that’s coming from a set of Ping i10s. Now I’m not one of those guys who can work the ball all that well- I am one of those guys that sometimes golfs every weekend and sometimes doesn’t golf for months at a time. Over all, my ability to hit all the irons ( 4 – gap) and do so with each shot getting into the air was 99% (the few times I did duff was either picked up the head or dipped the shoulder too low). I used HP to research on these clubs prior to buying (this thread in fact!!) and while a majority say “the club head looks funny” I didn’t notice that at all on the course and I also didn’t have anyone say “WTF are those weird things?” In fact, it was the opposite as the other members of our foursome commented how I seemed to be hitting these clubs a lot better than the pings I came from. They inspired confidence in my shot which impacted the rest of my game and that my friends made the game of Golf fun for me again!

First off, welcome to THP.
Secondly, glad to hear THP was able to help find the clubs you love.
As someone that spent a lot of their adult life in Tampa, glad to have you aboard.

I switched from the Adams a3os to the Bafflers a month ago. It seemed like a natural progression for me (smaller head). The set I bought on ebay have the AMP Cell regular graphite shafts. Regardless... I like them alot!!! My swing speed is 101, so I'm in between regular and stiff shafts so I bought a set of steel Baffler XL's on ebay which I hit today for the first time. Both are high and pretty straight with a good swing. The XL's didn't do so well with shots close to the heel. My pro said I should stick with the graphite's due to my age of 50. Oh... I love the way they look!!!

Back