THP Golf Leagues & Weekly Events Thread

Started good and finished good, some miscellaneous stuff in the middle hurt me

It really doesn't take much, could play 8 holes +1, +2, etc and then play one +4 or 5 and that is that. Just gotta focus on the good shots.

It really doesn't take much, could play 8 holes +1, +2, etc and then play one +4 or 5 and that is that. Just gotta focus on the good shots.

Yeah I took a 9 on #4 thanks to 2 penalty strokes and that pretty much crippled the front 9 scorecard

Started my league well +1 through 6, then three putted 7,8, and 9 to post a 4 over 40. Won the match, but gave up some ground on points. Short game needs some work.

Great thread idea. My league starts up again here soon. Won the first year and made it fairly deep in the playoffs last year. It's a laid back league but that doesn't mean I don't wanna win! With that ultimate goal, my secondary goal is to pass my partner as the anchor instead of being the handicap guy this year.

Lets see some league stats

Im ranked 29th out of 110 in fairway percentage

23rd out of 110 in GIR's

81st out of 110 in putting

and my strong suit is putting lol

and finally 55th out of 110 in scoring average

Still not even remotely close to playing good golf, so there is light at the end of the tunnel

Shot a 54 in league, not bad, left a lot out there though.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

I have my first Men's night tomorrow I hope to play better then I did last time I played. This is a scramble so maybe I'll get a good partner.

I shot a 45 tonight in league. The 9 that we played has 3 par 3's, so it was a par 35 for a +10 total. Not bad for me considering the last two weeks have been miserable with a 63 and a 51.

I beat my opponent by 1 stroke gross, and by 6 net.

Last night, I shot 34 (+3) for league. Really a poor ball striking round, but short game and putting really saved it for me. Trying to just shake off the poor ball striking. I always worry that by playing through a round like that, that all I'm accomplishing is creating bad swing habits.

Still, nice to know I can grind out a pretty solid round. Unfortunately, it also means my handicap will be staying lower than I think I actually play at.

~Rock

Played in my Golfweek Amateur tour event today. Course was wet but luckily the rain held off.

I had a lot of good ball strikes today, so I was fairly happy tee-to-green. However, my short game let me down today. It wasn't bad, but it was mediocre. I'd hit a nice chip but put too much juice on it and run it 5 feet past and then miss the 5-footer.

I was in contention until about hole 14 when I got into penalty trouble as a par 3 shot came up just short and then I turned around and failed to turn one over on the very next hole and left it over the water. I probably finished about 6th in the flight again.

Played in my Golfweek Amateur tour event today. Course was wet but luckily the rain held off.

I had a lot of good ball strikes today, so I was fairly happy tee-to-green. However, my short game let me down today. It wasn't bad, but it was mediocre. I'd hit a nice chip but put too much juice on it and run it 5 feet past and then miss the 5-footer.

I was in contention until about hole 14 when I got into penalty trouble as a par 3 shot came up just short and then I turned around and failed to turn one over on the very next hole and left it over the water. I probably finished about 6th in the flight again.

You can get that dialed in ASAP I'm sure of it

You can get that dialed in ASAP I'm sure of it

That's the frustrating part - I'd been very happy with my short game of late.

Ah well, just another day of learning.

Hang in there Wade. We had another AmTour event over here too. Probably got 4th with some really inconsistent golf. Started bad, righted the ship and putter left. Stayed after it and the putter came back. There were some really good shots out there though that came off as planned and that has me enthused.

Current rank is like 6 out of 14, but that may go up. Will have to wait and see. If I could just start out of the gate with some good golf, it would shave like 4 or 5 strokes which would mean a ton out there.

J.

Well, finally got to play in the 9 hole league through L-3 this Tuesday night. I think all the wickedly difficult greens down at Reunion really set me up for success as I shot a nice and tidy 38 for 9 holes. And that score despite only hitting 1 fairway.

My wedge game was surprisingly good and I got up and down 3 out of 4 attempts. 3 putt the first hole (adjusting to the now super slow by comparison greens) but then recovered with 12 putts the remaining 8 holes.

I took holes and net score from my opponent despite having to give 8 strokes on 9 holes, and my handicap will probably be coming down some after this round. But I'm pretty stoked about the start to the season for sure.

My league has a weekly skins game. $10 in, best score on a hole wins the pot. There are usually only one or two skins, as most get cancelled out with the same score.

Weekly email comes, see that I won a $105 for a skin. With a par...

My league has a weekly skins game. $10 in, best score on a hole wins the pot. There are usually only one or two skins, as most get cancelled out with the same score.

Weekly email comes, see that I won a $105 for a skin. With a par...

You have to love winning a skin with a par!!! I have done that in my league once this year also.

You have to love winning a skin with a par!!! I have done that in my league once this year also.
It baffled me, really. There are some good players in my league, hard to believe no one else managed to par it. Whatever, mo' money fo' me.

It baffled me, really. There are some good players in my league, hard to believe no one else managed to par it. Whatever, mo' money fo' me.

Just got lucky. It happens sometimes!!

War, do you guys carry over to the next week if all skins are cancelled out for that week?

My "league' does $5 and I won it after 2 weeks of walk-overs, $225. I bogeyed a par 4 to win it.

It's funny how skin games can be won/loss

War, do you guys carry over to the next week if all skins are cancelled out for that week?

My "league' does $5 and I won it after 2 weeks of walk-overs, $225. I bogeyed a par 4 to win it.

It's funny how skin games can be won/loss

Yeah. They carry over if the scores cancel each other out.

Got in my first league night and started it off bad. I shot a 7-over 43.

Had my second Golf League match on Sunday. Won 9, lost 6 and tied 3. Put the match away on the 15th hole, but we play to the 18th as you get points for each hole won.

I got invited to my father's league finale on Wednesday. I'm excited because its a course I want to play but have not had a chance to plus there is a big dinner afterwords. Not sure if I can win any money but that is not going to stop me from trying to win regardless.

I'm playing in a league match tomorrow and one on Sat. Need to get wins to maintain my lead in the bracket. Both opponents are 16 to 17 index range so they'll be getting quite a few strokes. Going to have to get off to a quick start.

Won my league match today. Won 8 holes, lost 5 holes and tied 5 holes. Now a half point behind the leader of my bracket who is one of my closest friends. He and I are headed for a showdown! Have a match with another player on Saturday.

62713CGGLbracketstandings_zps81234cdc.jpg

Back