What club do you chip with around the green?

56* 90% of the time despite what the club pro tells me.

Depends on the lie and what type of shot I am facing....anything from a hybrid to a LW....or even my putter.....chutting FTW!

Depends on the lie and what type of shot I am facing....anything from a hybrid to a LW....or even my putter.....chutting FTW!

Yep. So many times I use an easy low swing with my 7i and let the ball roll. Low and roll works very well. As long as the ball gets on the green...less of a risk. Most of the courses I've played have small greens and not those really big greens the pros play.

Almost always 56*.

A lot depends on the distance off the green for me. I use every club in my bag to chip with the exception of the driver, depending on the situation.

I've tried virtually everything -- all the various wedge lofts, hybrids, 7/8 irons, mallet putter styled chippers, old Northwestern 2 sided chippers and Niblicks. Herbie's One Putt Wedge is the best thing that I have used for chipping and I now use it exclusively for all chips.

If I'm 40 yards from the pin (note that isn't 40 yards from the green) and in, then, I have confidence that I can put the ball close enough to legitimately be in one putt striking distance. I tell people that it is the first time I have ever felt like a pro. It's not that I hit every shot like a pro as I clearly do not. It is that I know that I'm going to execute the shot without issue. It's just a matter of picking the landing point and making sure I have the right speed to drop it there. It is an amazing feeling and what it must feel like to be a professional golfer (not that I'll ever know).

I will admit that I putt if I have 3-5 feet of nice fringe on a short sided pin. I think the putt is the lowest risk shot as long as the turf permits it.

60 degree wedge 99% of the time. I do rely on spin a ton though. I carry pretty close to the pin. If I dont catch it right and not enough spin to really check up the other side of the green is where I will be walking to try it all over again. One day I will learn the bump and run thing.

56*. I've gained huge amounts of confidence in it anywhere from 40 yards out. I can chip, pitch and flop with it. I love the higher loft because I used to go long a lot on my chips, and now I don't

For anything I need to run a bit, I'll use a 52, but I play most of my "chip shots" as short pitches or lobs, so most of the time it is a 58.

Every once in a while, if the situation calls for a bump-and-run, I will pull an 8 or 9 iron. Almost never do I use my pitching wedge around the green, come to think of it.

I've been experimenting to try to get my chipping better. I've gone everywhere from an 8 iron to a 58 degree wedge. I'm trying to be more consistent with fewer short hits. I had been using my 52 degree. What do you use and why? Thanks.

50 as it has the least about of bounce and gives me options.

58* most of the time if it is a really long one i might get out the 52*

I use every club in the bag other than driver or putter depending on what I want to do...determined by how much grass I have to carry versus how much green I have to roll out...most commonly I will use a 6-7 iron if I have similar amounts of carry and roll....more carry less roll equals more loft. I am horrible at putting through the fringe or any fairway grass, and way way way more accurate bumping the 6 iron than I ever have been with the putter off the green.

Depends, but generally anything from an 8I to my 58˚. Generally try to note the shot as I'm coming up and grab a couple of choices. If I was no where close, I'll go back. Or use my UW. Been pretty consistent for me since picking it up.

I use my 60* for anything inside of 80 yards (except for bunkers - I generally use my high-bounce 56* for that). My theory is that these are all "feel" shots, and I'll have better luck developing feel by sticking to the same club and learning to do different shots with it. That's the theory, anyway.

I generally use my 54* or 58*. Which one depends on the lie and the required shot. I use both out of bunkers as well. If I can, my favorite shot to play is a chip and run with a hooded pitching wedge. I like the creative aspect if the short game and the more options I have the better.

I usually use a 54* wedge as I'm most comfortable with it. I do use my 3 hybrid occasionally. Most commonly used clubs are anything from 8I to a 54*...All depends on the shot for me...Some of my buddies have that go to club, I like to think it out (uphill, downhill, break, speed, etc...)to much and in some cases really burns me in the end. I think it would be best to have a go to club and being able to work it under every circumstance.

Usually use a 60º or 54º, but tried a 7i today and really like it's roll-out capabilities.

I usually use a 58* wedge, but earlier this spring when the grass was still dormant and was wet. I kept chunking it if I didn't hit the ball first and lost confidence in it. The 54* wasn't any better. I had my clubs bent up last week and just the visual looking down at the ball is better. And my divots aren't Toe deep and I'm stricking the ball with more confidence now. Yesterday the 58* really shined and my score reflected that.

56 Degree *my favorite club*

I use anything from 7i-60°. I've been trying to get away from just hitting my Vokeys and after a few weeks working at it, it has begun to pay dividends. In last nights round I was using my 8i/9i to great effect and eliminating some of the hazards of using the blade wedges. I suggest everyone open up their options on chipping!

I'm with most here in that I use anything from a 7i down to my 56* wedge depending on where I want the ball to land and how far I want it to roll.

I've been hitting a ton of balls in the back yard this year, ranging from 10' out to 75 yards. I find that out to 15 or 20 yards, if I want the ball to stop with no roll, I use a 54*. If I want a little roll I use a PW. The PW is becoming so easy to hit and it's become my go-to club for shots up to about 90yds.

Unless its some deep rough, it's all about the chutting!!

Back