Sposey549

Golfaholic
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
I am looking at a new set of shafts for my irons. I'm looking at TT Dynalite SL and GS95. Do anyone have any experience with these and if so what's your opinion?

I feel dumb. What are the GS95s? Who makes them.

They are True Temper GS-95 shafts

I see you are using Nippon NS 950 shafts how are they? Is flex accurate or are they weaker than labeled?

Here's a link that will help explain the differences in the Nippon shafts - scroll down about halfway where he starts discussing the NS 950's / 1050's, etc.... http://www.golfshaftreviews.info/index.php/category/categories/nippon/

Having picked up a set of used irons for myself with Nippon 1050's (stiff) and a set of Cobra S3's with Nippon 950's (regular) for my son, yes there is a difference in flex, but it's not huge. With my ss, I'm right in between a regular and a stiff, I could play either club and be content.

The Nippons work - for me, they don't feel as harsh / brittle as the True Temper TX-90's that are in my Ping i3's.

Depending on what part of Georgia you're in, I could grab a few irons from my Sanford & Son collection of clubs for you to hit & compare the shafts, pm me if interested.

Hope this helps.

Both pretty good shafts if you need more height and spin. GS95's were a little more stable than the dynalite sl's.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I was fitted for a set of Callaway Razr XL last year and wanted graphite shafts (previous set had graphite as well). Worked our way through lofts and lies and different flexs and heads and shafts, both the uniflex steel and graphite. When we were all done and I had pretty much made up my mind, the fitter asked me to try "these" steel shafts in a regular flex that felt so much nicer than the graphite I had decided on. After about 10 more shots I ordered them, TT GS-95's, never looked back still love them. Just my 2 cents.

I have yet to hit the GS95, but from what I've heard, the Dynalite is like a cheaper version of the GS95. I didn't like the feel of the Dynalites.

Back