FootJoy M Project Shoes

Love these. I'm thinking about getting a pair. Has anyone tried the ones with the Boa dial on the back? Is that just a gimmick? I can't imagine it being worth the extra $ to just not have to tie my shoes.

I have 0 experience with the boa system that FJ uses in any of their shoes. But it's been around awhile so I would say it works and I've seen a couple players on the LPGA and PGA yours wearing shoes using the boa system.

I have BOA snowboard boots and that's a great application for it (gloves cold hands lots of laces) the FJ has a very minimal lace as well - not needed IMO

Love these. I'm thinking about getting a pair. Has anyone tried the ones with the Boa dial on the back? Is that just a gimmick? I can't imagine it being worth the extra $ to just not have to tie my shoes.

I have some BOA shoes made by The North Face. I love the fact that you can get them really tight for a good fit. I would like to mention that I will not buy another pair of BOA shoes unless they improve the knob system because they will come loose with the slightest outward pull. Allow me to explain.

In order to tighten down the BOA you pull the knob outward from the shoe (1/8") and twist to the right. Once you have reached the desired fit, you push the knob back in towards the shoe. On so many occasions I have been walking and for some reason my foot, a stick or something else had pulld the knob and released the tension. Also while sitting and standing from a chair, cart or vehicle I have had the knob bumped to release the tension. I will add that this happens no more often than my shoes come untied, but it does happen.

Just my .02.

Squeezed in 9 before work - wow!

Super comy, very unusual walking on hard surfaces, as you put your heel down, it's strange that there's less there - not bad, just different.
On the grass, very comfortable, lots of room for the toes which is unusual but very nice.
Playing shots - love them, can't put my finger on it, but combo of flexibility and support seems just right for me.

Only slight concern at the moment is that the top leather seems very soft, I'm hoping it doesn't give too much and become difficult to fasten tightly but that's months away, if at all, so not going to dwell on it.

Looking forward to using them more through the summer :)

Tried these on yesterday and yep pretty comfortable at first, but then I noticed the familiar ache of my PF do to lack of arch support. I would definitely need to add supports in these which would probably defeat the purpose all together.
So I wound up going with the Crossflex.

Joey walking in this style shoe is a bit different than what you are used to.

Minimalist shoes are not designed to have the heel strike the ground first. The idea is too walk more flat footed allowing your whole foot to absorb the impact of the stride. This requires a little shorter stride and will feel off till you get used to it.

The search for low clog cleats continues..... :D

NhIT6AUE

Wow. How bout a low clog golf course!?

One more reason to like my grey/blacks w no spikes!

Even the non spike knobbles are clogged! They clean up pretty easy, much better than the last I had, the clog just falls out in clumps, not a lot of picking at it.
Just need to get in the habit tho.

Still loving the shoes btw :)

The search for low clog cleats continues..... :D

NhIT6AUE
Wow, if you had to guess would you think it would have happened with the spikeless version?

Yes, there's only 5 cleats on there, most of it is "knobbles" as per the spikeless.

Wouldn't let it put you off tho, as I said, very easy to get clean.

projectM.jpg

First full 18 today and just to keep the community informed - still loving these, really pleased with the purchase.

Comfort and stability get an A+++

Clogging still there while the course was dewy but as it dried out, much less of an issue, and anyway, quick scrape with a tee peg and all sorted.

Glad your still liking these Joey!

I played 18 Thursday in mine and still love them. It rained on me while I was playing and my feet stayed comfortably dry.

I may pick up a spike-less pair as well.

I may pick up a spike-less pair as well.

Same thing crossed my mind today but I'd really be looking for a more conservative design I could wear as a street shoe when heading for a quick range session. I don't think I'd ever use spikeless on the course.

Same thing crossed my mind today but I'd really be looking for a more conservative design I could wear as a street shoe when heading for a quick range session. I don't think I'd ever use spikeless on the course.

If its dry I have no problem going spike-less. I wore my NB Minimus shoes on Wednesday at the range and had no traction issues at all.

I understand your feelings on a more casual look for wearing about and then to the range. These shoes definitely have a style to them.

Never thought I would use a spikeless either - now I don't even think about it. No loss of traction and more comfortable to walk in. Mine rub just a bit on the top of my middle right toes, where the toe cap meets the softer part, not bad but I am aware of it.

I have had the Grey/Black spikeless for a couple of months. We have had lots and lots of rain during this period and I rotate 5-6 pair of shoes. These M-project shoes are light, water proof, comfortable and as good or better traction than the conventional shoes.

Pleased to report had a 2nd dry round this afternoon, no clogging at all yay!!
(lost a couple of tips tho, think the damage was done at the range)

non-clog.jpg

These things are incredibly comfortable - they make wearing a regular golf shoe like putting on a suit of armor. I manage a golf shop and am on my feet all day, and I have two spikeless pair plus the spiked white/orange pair (rocking my UT colors!).

I wasn't crazy about the mesh, though. They were nice and light, but something about them didn't feel quite right to me.

1yjwud.jpg

I will be buying a white pair, they are awesome.

I will be buying a white pair, they are awesome.

I will too, if I can ever find them. No where within 100 miles of me have any in stock. They actually have no M Projects in any colors. I would like to try on some to verify fit and order the colors from somewhere, but I can't find any.

Back