Diane

Reaction score
I can't tell you how many people asked me yesterday if I had heard about the kid from CO in the balloon. I saw the father on the Today Show and I'm a bit skeptical that they didn't know where the kid was hiding - authorities had searched the house twice and didn't find the kid in the attic so was he really there. I think the family should have to pay the costs that were incurred in searching for the boy. It's not just with this case, but when people go hiking and get lost or anything else. I believe people need to take some responsibility for their own actions.

After the Wolf Blitzer interview I am positive the parents set this all up. The kid said something like "We did it for the show.". The parents seemed to be badly acting as well. I am sure the parents will have to pay restitution once this is all sorted out. Law enforcement seems to be closing in on the truth.

I can't tell you how many people asked me yesterday if I had heard about the kid from CO in the balloon. I saw the father on the Today Show and I'm a bit skeptical that they didn't know where the kid was hiding - authorities had searched the house twice and didn't find the kid in the attic so was he really there. I think the family should have to pay the costs that were incurred in searching for the boy. It's not just with this case, but when people go hiking and get lost or anything else. I believe people need to take some responsibility for their own actions.

Here in Arizona, where we have flashfloods, there is an "Idiot Law" that says if you drive around a barrier into a flooded area and you have to be rescued, we send you a bill for it. I like it.

Many years ago a bunch of friends and myself walk out to "Haystack Rock" in Cannon Beach, Oregon, during low tide. Well being the young, seemingly bullet proof teenagers we were, we decided to stay on the rock through high tide. . Basically an over night camping deal. Long story short we "had to be" picked off the rock by the coast guard. Each of our families received a bill from some government agency for $175.00 for the un-needed rescue. :confused2:

After the Wolf Blitzer interview I am positive the parents set this all up. The kid said something like "We did it for the show.". The parents seemed to be badly acting as well. I am sure the parents will have to pay restitution once this is all sorted out. Law enforcement seems to be closing in on the truth.

I watched the interview this morning and the father said that everyone has that whole thing wrong. The boy supposedly thought they were talking about the news crew after they decided to go inside. They wanted the boy to show them how he got into the attic for their show. So he was climbing up in the rafters. That's where that came from. I think it was also a set up. The guy seems like a pr*ck and seems so fake. He couldn't even look at the camera when he was talking to the Today Show. I hope they send him the bill or atleast kick him in the nuts. Hell he should he kicked in the nuts for naming his son Falcon.

Many years ago a bunch of friends and myself walk out to "Haystack Rock" in Cannon Beach, Oregon, during low tide. Well being the young, seemingly bullet proof teenagers we were, we decided to stay on the rock through high tide. . Basically an over night camping deal. Long story short we "had to be" picked off the rock by the coast guard. Each of our families received a bill from some government agency for $175.00 for the un-needed rescue. :confused2:

If it was un-needed then why did they rescue you? How many lawns did you mow that summer to pay it off?

LOL - I've heard of people getting stuck on Haystock Rock. I didn't know they got billed. I used to have a framed photo of Haystack Rock in my old office.

There's currently a bill pending approval to charge climbers on Mount Hood if they need to be rescued and didn't carry a locator with them. I think that's a great idea.

I watched the interview this morning and the father said that everyone has that whole thing wrong. The boy supposedly thought they were talking about the news crew after they decided to go inside. They wanted the boy to show them how he got into the attic for their show. So he was climbing up in the rafters. That's where that came from. I think it was also a set up. The guy seems like a pr*ck and seems so fake. He couldn't even look at the camera when he was talking to the Today Show. I hope they send him the bill or atleast kick him in the nuts. Hell he should he kicked in the nuts for naming his son Falcon.

If it was un-needed then why did they rescue you? How many lawns did you mow that summer to pay it off?

Now that is funny.:zrofl: What's their last name, Crest?

Now that is funny.:zrofl: What's their last name, Crest?

IDK. They were also on Wife Swap. How desperate are you for attention to do that?

What the kid said had less impact on me than the way the dad and the mom acted during the interview. They absolutely looked like they were lying. It looked so fake.

Small price to pay for a cool story and adventure!

What the kid said had less impact on me than the way the dad and the mom acted during the interview. They absolutely looked like they were lying. It looked so fake.

I agree. It's only time until the truth comes out and they look like fools.

Anyways how do you not know where your 6 year old is? I know at 6 I would have gotten a whoopin for "hiding" for 3 hours.

I agree. It's only time until the truth comes out and they look like fools.

Anyways how do you not know where your 6 year old is? I know at 6 I would have gotten a whoopin for "hiding" for 3 hours.

How many 6 year olds could hide for that long? Whenever I tried to hid for a long time I got so bored. It just smells of a fraud. A complete work. Where is Vince McMahon? His smell is all over this.

How many 6 year olds could hide for that long? Whenever I tried to hid for a long time I got so bored. It just smells of a fraud. A complete work. Where is Vince McMahon? His smell is all over this.

I didn't even think of that. He must have fallen asleep. That's the only way I could hide for 3 hours.

Where is Vince McMahon? His smell is all over this.

Probably busy helping his wife Linda plan her run for the Senate here in CT. Don't even get me started on that.

Probably busy helping his wife Linda plan her run for the Senate here in CT. Don't even get me started on that.

Oh yeah I heard about that one. Good luck with that. :laughing:

Oh yeah I heard about that one. Good luck with that. :laughing:

It doesn't look good for her. The Republicans aren't really backing her even though she's a wealthy woman from Greenwich and women don't like her because of the WWF.

It doesn't look good for her. The Republicans aren't really backing her even though she's a wealthy woman from Greenwich and women don't like her because of the WWF.

Get it right it's the WWE. She'll lay the smack down on you. :laughing:

Get it right it's the WWE. She'll lay the smack down on you. :laughing:

Their headquarters is right near here. I swear it says WWF on the building. I'll look next time I drive by.

Several years ago, they got sued by the World Wildlife Fund and had to change their initials to WWE (Entertainment.)

Several years ago, they got sued by the World Wildlife Fund and had to change their initials to WWE (Entertainment.)

They we WWWF before the change to WWE I believe than again I don't follow Wrastllin'

Years ago, I was a temp there for a week. I read and sorted fan mail. That's a job that Harry and Bogey might enjoy - a lot of women sending in naked photos of themselves. I'm not a prude, but spent most of the day blushing. The building was like a fortress because the fans are crazy.

Years ago, I was a temp there for a week. I read and sorted fan mail. That's a job that Harry and Bogey might enjoy - a lot of women sending in naked photos of themselves. I'm not a prude, but spent most of the day blushing. The building was like a fortress because the fans are crazy.

I knew it was huge but wow! I never get fan mail. Sign me up!

Where can I sign up? That would be a sweet gig. Not only getting the pictures but also the address' to go with them. :bananadance: I'd be afraid though of some of those guys. They are BIG.

Where can I sign up? That would be a sweet gig. Not only getting the pictures but also the address' to go with them. :bananadance:I'd be afraid though of some of those guys. They are BIG

If I were you - I'd be more afraid of some of the naked women who sent in their pictures. More than a few looked more like the photos of the women at Walmart that Harry and Dyna posted.

If I were you - I'd be more afraid of some of the naked women who sent in their pictures. More than a few looked more like the photos of the women at Walmart that Harry and Dyna posted.

:beat-up: Didn't think of that. Plus you said it was an intership. I think I'll pass.

How did you manage to derail your own thread?

Back