The Official 2009 NFL Thread

How in the world can someone in the Raiders office think that Russel should be playing. This guy must be color blind.

He is really bad. Sad thing is theyre stuck with him because of the big contract.

Kickers. You love 'em or you hate 'em. I was flipping back and forth between the Packers game and the Vikings game today as the Packers were beating up on the Lions, and I was hoping the Ravens would beat the Vikings.

The Ravens make a phenomenal comeback, leaving their brain dead kicker a 45 yarder to win. Couldn't do it, and Favre looks like a big hero again.

Stupid kicker.

Kevin

He is really bad. Sad thing is theyre stuck with him because of the big contract.

Which is why the NFL has to start capping rookie contracts. I can't stand the fact an unproven kid out of college signs for more than Elway, Montana, etc. ever made. Prove your worth first.

Too bad it probably will never happen.

Wow whats going on with the Eagles! And Smallville dont be too sure about that with a new CBA coming up after next year. Theres a lot of talk about a rookie cap.

There needs to be Kevin. Ticks me off every year seeing these draft picks hold out for what they think they are owed.

And it shouldn't be a cap. It should be #1 gets this much, #2 gets this much and so on. Make the contract performance driven from year to year and make the length long enough to get to free agency and be done with it.

That is exactly what they are trying to accomplish with the new CBA Smalls.

Titans 0-5; down 45-0 to New England; Collins 1-10, 15 yds, 0 tds, 1 int.

Uhhh, maybe time to give Vince Young another chance?

I believe he is coming in. However I really hope the guy has it mentally right now. Those around him say he is an absolute head case. I am rooting for the guy.

Good. They need to (like years ago they needed to!)

I guess pigs do fly, since the Chiefs actually won a game! I was really hoping for a perfect season though.

Wow the Titans look aweful! From what I hear the next CBA will have a slotted scale for rookie salaries. At least thats what owners and veterans want. We'll see!

Vince Young comes in. Vince Young gets picked off.

I cannot wait to hear Jeff Fishers post game comments.

Vince Young comes in. Vince Young gets picked off.

Sadly, his stats are still better for the day than Collins (2-12 for -7 yards and 1 int)

I hope someone in Dallas is smart enough to take notes on how Oakland is beating the Eagles.

Sadly, his stats are still better for the day than Collins (2-12 for -7 yards and 1 int)

You got that right. I would think that at this point in the season Young is the starter from here on out.

Sanchez is looking horrible as well for the Jets.

Young helmed a 55 yard drive which ended when Ahmed Hall fumbled on 4th and 1.

Titans can't get out of their own way.

The Pats have really backed off, they easily could have another 14+ points.

Why is it that I only got 2 games on TV today? One early game and one late game? I understand (sort of) that under NFL rules, CBS couldn't broadcast the afternoon game because the Seahawks (Fox) had a sold out home game. But why didn't Fox broadcast the morning game?

You should look into the Redzone channel Harry. I believe its a one time fee of $50 and you get every single game with no commercials. You just only get the games as the teams move into the redzone. Plus all the highlights and everything else.

Just saw the highlights of the Patriots game. Wow. Five TD passes in one quarter.

You should look into the Redzone channel Harry. I believe its a one time fee of $50 and you get every single game with no commercials. You just only get the games as the teams move into the redzone. Plus all the highlights and everything else.

Oh, I'm generally ok. I was just wondering about the rationale behind the rule.

Brady was something else. And in the snow.....

Why is it that I only got 2 games on TV today? One early game and one late game? I understand (sort of) that under NFL rules, CBS couldn't broadcast the afternoon game because the Seahawks (Fox) had a sold out home game. But why didn't Fox broadcast the morning game?

Fox didn't have the doubleheader yesterday so they are only allowed to show one game in market. Since I am assuming you live in a home market for Seattle, you can't get the late CBS game because they can't show a game opposite your home market game.

Back