This is for all the naysayers.

http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-reviews/bacon-restaurant-closes-overwhelming-smell

Restaurant Dedicated to Bacon Forced to Close Due to Overwhelming Bacon Smell

May 20, 2013 at 8:11AM by Zoe Bain

At a San Francisco restaurant called Bacon Bacon, every item on the menu contains bacon in some form. Now the restaurant is being forced to shutter for being, well, just too bacon-y.

According to NBC, Bacon Bacon faced a shutdown after neighbors continued to complain about the overwhelming smell of bacon that the restaurant had brought to the area. The porky smell caused a slew of complaints, which ultimately exposed a permit issue that forced Bacon Bacon to close its doors. Apparently the eatery didn't have the correct health permits last summer.

Surrounding residents couldn't handle the intense smell of bacon and they wanted the aroma taken care of. Unfortunately, the neighbors and Bacon Bacon owner Jim Angelus couldn't come to an agreement. The folks who sought the eradication of the smell allegedly offered to buy Angelus a new air filter, but he refused. Although more negotiation talks ensued, once the permit issue had been revealed the joint had to close, at least for the time being.

Fans of Bacon Bacon didn't want to see the porcine-dedicated restaurant close. According to The Huffignton Post, a petition was created to keep the bacon on the table. Over 2,000 people signed the online protest, but that wasn't enough. Bacon Bacon still shut down its brick-and-mortar store, but is operating out of a food truck while everything gets sorted out. The now travelling eatery has gotten an outpouring of support and press; the few who were offended by the strong smell seem to be vastly outnumbered by those who love the concept of a restaurant dedicated to bacon.

Do you think Bacon Bacon should have been forced to close?

This was even featured on Saturday Night Live:

480119_10152878972510377_1908012856_n.jpg

This thread always makes me so hungry.

This is one of my favorite threads and it's on a golf forum. I wish I could have signed that online petition good luck to the owner.

I've actually used bacon as a pre run energizer. It has everything you need during a workout protein, essential fats and salt that is lost when you sweat

The body needs fat.

Bacon has fat.

The body needs bacon.

#Logic

Just found out that my company is taking us to Club A Steakhouse in NYC next week during my conference, lok at the first thing on the appetizer list:
http://www.clubasteak.com/menu.php

Sizzling Canadian Bacon Extre Thick by the slice... #FTW:banana:

Nueske's Bacon is the best reason to not become a vegetarian!! The NY Times calls it the Beluga of bacons......yum.

Holy $5 bacon slices!!! Ummmm... I'll just cook some at home!!!

It's not my money... But it is delicious, I'm hoping to get 2

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Just found out that my company is taking us to Club A Steakhouse in NYC next week during my conference, lok at the first thing on the appetizer list:
http://www.clubasteak.com/menu.php

Sizzling Canadian Bacon Extre Thick by the slice... #FTW:banana:

Holy $5 bacon slices!!! Ummmm... I'll just cook some at home!!!

It's not my money... But it is delicious, I'm hoping to get 2

The menu says Canadian Bacon ... so is it more like a ham steak then?

If its anything like the one I had at Smith & Wollensky last year, it will be more like several strips of bacon stacked up with a little less fat and a little more meat... Almost like a sausage of bacon cut in 1/2 without a casing

My wife is one of those candle people, so I've decided that while she's at work tomorrow, I'm going to make a bacon candle. Cook up some bacon, infuse the bacon fat into the wax in one of her candles and wait for her to light it up...

Should be fun to see her reaction.

Haha my friend sent me this, he's in San Diego with his partner, Bloody Mary with bacon lol

azehu8e9.jpg

No but each slice should have some of the loin and belly. Were great with bacon up here. Satch I want one of those now!!! I must make one soon.

983608_639325149415458_251485874_n.jpg

Maple Bacon Bar is made with maple frosting and topped with bacon.

bacon%20maple%20bar.jpg

Back