Mizuno JPX 800 HD

Kreeghawk02

Big Fred
Reaction score
Handicap
Many
Does anybody know if these are good clubs? I've played with Wilson fat shafts for the past 11 years and I figured it was time for an upgrade. As soon as I saw the 800hd's I feel in love. I won't be getting them till fathers day but I'm wondering if I made the right choice. Thoughts?

Are they any good? Sure. I have a set here and think they work just fine. They were not my favorite set in their category, but certainly work just fine without a doubt.

I'm hoping for that next step in my game. I was looking for hybrids as part of the set as my long irons blow and I saw the 800 hds were on sale so I jumped. Coming from more of a blade am I gonna struggle hitting these at first or should it be seamless?

Mizuno makes good clubs. There is no question about that. Some argue forged verses non forged. I think it comes down to are these the best clubs for your game? We can't answer that for you, but can recommend a fitting for your next set of clubs. Just go in with a budget in mind and what it is you want to gain with your new sticks.

I'm hoping for that next step in my game. I was looking for hybrids as part of the set as my long irons blow and I saw the 800 hds were on sale so I jumped. Coming from more of a blade am I gonna struggle hitting these at first or should it be seamless?

Not sure. It will be dependent on the player. But in time you will adjust and come to enjoy your new clubs.

So for $500 do you think that's a good set for the money?

So for $500 do you think that's a good set for the money?

Hard to answer that buddy. As mentioned, if you like the clubs, like the look and it fits your budget, you betcha. They worked just fine for me, I just happen to prefer other sets in the same category and most can be had for similar prices I would imagine.

They good clubs if you prefer hybrids over long irons. I would make sure you try them out first though because the JPX DLR hybrids arent for everyone.

I probably should of hit them more, only hit maybe a dozen balls on a sim with the 4. Felt good and they looked good. I did notice that the pw looked awfully long, maybe I've been playing with short clubs.

Welcome to THP! You'll find reviews of lots of great irons on this forum. I gave the JPX's a go and thought they were nice.

Thanks, its fun to see what other hackers are thinking and talking about. This is a great tool.

I probably should of hit them more, only hit maybe a dozen balls on a sim with the 4. Felt good and they looked good. I did notice that the pw looked awfully long, maybe I've been playing with short clubs.

hitting on a simulator is amazing considering that was once not an option, but I'm a firm believer on hitting them on the range where you can make swings and get real feedback from the ground and club. I suggest finding a demo day at a course or driving range. Mizunos website may be able to help you in finding a demo day.

That would've been a good idea but my wife has already purchased them for me for fathers day, I snooped and found them and then like an idiot called her out on it hoping she would give them to me sooner. Needless to say I will be getting them on fathers day not sooner. So I'm all in with these clubs.

Enjoy them. Theyre good clubs and if you you have the hybrids in the set, you could always pick up a JPX-800/825 4 and 5-iron off of Ebay. The hybrids in the set are kind of weird because they have the same length shaft as a 4/5-iron (most hybrids have a slightly longer shaft than a comparable iron) and have quite a lot of offset. You may or may not like that, you'll find out soon, I suppose.

:welcome: enjoy your new sticks and let us know how it works out.

Will do, thanks guys.

Just got done playing and hitting the JPX 800HD's. and all ican day is wow. I'm still not used to hitting the new clubs but I can definitely tell what new technology can do. The forgiveness on the HD's is unbelievable, never experienced that before. I think the most impressive thing(s) about the set are the DLR Fli-Hi's. I could not believe how easy these were to hit, easily launching the 4 iron 200+ dead straight. I cannot wait to get back out there and hit them again.

That is great buddy. Glad they are working for you. THP will be up in your area (Elgin, IL) in a couple of weeks for the Invitational. You should take a look, would love to meet you.

That would be fantastic, sometime definitely, unfortunately scheduling is a problem. Thanks for all your insight and opinions, they r very much appreciated.

That would be fantastic, sometime definitely, unfortunately scheduling is a problem. Thanks for all your insight and opinions, they r very much appreciated.

JB is the best, and THP is the best!

Just got back from the range and finally got a chance to really test the jpx HD's. I'm just blown away at how forgiving these clubs actually are. I went to the range for the sole reason to just hit these new clubs, not really aiming or checking true distance, just getting a feeling for how they hit. Have any of you just hit and not really practiced?

Just got back from the range and finally got a chance to really test the jpx HD's. I'm just blown away at how forgiving these clubs actually are. I went to the range for the sole reason to just hit these new clubs, not really aiming or checking true distance, just getting a feeling for how they hit. Have any of you just hit and not really practiced?

Sure have. Do it before every round. I use the range more for actual practice, but pre-round is just me swinging.

I got the big basket, 105 balls, thinking I was easily gonna hit all of those, after about 80 hit and a blister on my thumb, in 90 degree heat, I was toast, But son of a gun does it feel good to hit new clubs.

Moved to Golf Clubs, Balls and Accessories.

Got these with Dynalite Steel shafts off ebay for $240, then registered them at Mizuno to authenticate them.

Have played them for 6 weeks, shooting in the 90's. I was used to graphite shafts so I had to relearn my distances. Was getting frustrated, when I played hooky this Tuesday and shot a 77!

WOW! All the approach shots were spot on. It took awhile to adjust to the FliHi's, but now I just aim a little right and watch them draw.

Back