Cheap for fitting?

clg82

Banned
Reaction score
Well i just called the Callaway Golf Center, in Vegas and asked how much for a club fitting and they said $50.00 for irons and $50.00 for woods, that includes them altering them. Is that a reasonable price, or am I missing something here?

Well i just called the Callaway Golf Center, in Vegas and asked how much for a club fitting and they said $50.00 for irons and $50.00 for woods, that includes them altering them. Is that a reasonable price, or am I missing something here?

Includes altering?Wow,that's beyond free

That is cheap. Do it and you will be happy with your ability to hit the ball where you aim.

I went to the Callaway Fitting Center at Neshanic Valley GC a couple of years ago. They charged $75 I believe, but if you bought the clubs from them they took that off the price.

That is extremely cheap. I assume this is for basic fitting, which for many beginners is a good start to much better ball striking.

I paid the same store $25 for irons, and that was to be refunded if I purchased a set of irons from them. All I wanted was my specs. This was about 8 months ago, so perhaps the price has gone up. Also, as I understand it, they do not adjust clubs there. They send them out some where for the work to be done. After your fitting, have them take you out side and hit some balls with clubs that duplicate your fitting specs. Other than that, if you get the right person running the fitting (computer) you will have a good time. If you want a second opinion, there is also Las Vegas Golf, and Tennis located at 4211 Paradise Rd. They use the Ping fitting tools. No driving range, no computers, but my fitting was free on my last visit. I did tip the guy who seemed to know his stuff. His specs for me matched my specs at Callaways. Like I said this was all 8 months ago.

Includes altering?Wow,that's beyond free

that is what i asked. if that included altering, and she insisted it was, so i'm going to call again later and see if i can get a different answer or if that is correct.....

I am assuming you are talking about altering clubs you already own? Or, is this altering clubs at a later date that you might purchase now? If you purchase clubs from them now, those clubs should be the same specs as your fitting might suggest. If they have them in stock. :confused2:
that is what i asked. if that included altering, and she insisted it was, so i'm going to call again later and see if i can get a different answer or if that is correct.....

I am assuming you are talking about altering clubs you already own? Or, is this altering clubs at a later date that you might purchase now? If you purchase clubs from them now, those clubs should be the same specs as your fitting might suggest. If they have them in stock. :confused2:

I have everything all callaway, so i will be having them alter clubs i already own......

Please do understand that X-22 irons are not the easiest clubs in the world to alter to a designated angle. They are cast of fairly hard metal and do not bend that easily.

Please do understand that X-22 irons are not the easiest clubs in the world to alter to a designated angle. They are cast of fairly hard metal and do not bend that easily.

My old x 14's were teh same way. Plus Callaway uses that through Hosel design so you can't bend them like typical irons. I just had to get a new set which is why the Burners now belong to me :D

So getting a fitting would be useless to me then? If i decided to stick with my x22's?

I think what JB is saying is if your X-22s need significant lie bending (probably more that 2*), it can't be done without damaging the club. IIRC, most cast clubs can be bent 2* either flat or upright without breakage. I would check with Callaway on what their policy is. If Callaway is doing the adjusting, perhaps they take responsibility for any damage, so you don't assume any risk.

I think what JB is saying is if your X-22s need significant lie bending (probably more that 2*), it can't be done without damaging the club. IIRC, most cast clubs can be bent 2* either flat or upright without breakage. I would check with Callaway on what their policy is. If Callaway is doing the adjusting, perhaps they take responsibility for any damage, so you don't assume any risk.

Just an update, i just called the fitting center and they said that they send them away so callaway can adjust them. But that they probably wouldn't be able to bend them more than 2* which was just stated......

Just an update, i just called the fitting center and they said that they send them away so callaway can adjust them. But that they probably wouldn't be able to bend them more than 2* which was just stated......

I'd still spend the $50 on the fitting anyway. They may not need bending more than 2°. They may not even need bending at all. Like if they're a little too upright and a little too long, just shortening the club could get the lie in spec at the same time with no bending at all. You can't know until you have it done.

I'd still spend the $50 on the fitting anyway. They may not need bending more than 2°. They may not even need bending at all. Like if they're a little too upright and a little too long, just shortening the club could get the lie in spec at the same time with no bending at all. You can't know until you have it done.

Yeh i think i'm going to go ahead with it anyways.....it certainly can't hurt.

Hey, even if they tell you that your current clubs are perfect for you, it's worth $50 to know for a fact that any problems you have are not related to equipment.

And if major adjustments are needed, maybe they will offer you a deal.

dont miss out!!!!!

dont miss out!!!!!

ive been there many times see keith or eli, both are very good, no pressure and very friendly, they told me the last thing they wanted was somebody to by their clubs and go home and trash callaway, they have told me more than once their new clubs wouldnt help me and to stay with my old callys:angry:
once i sold my irons before i went because i didnt think keith would sell me a new set.(he likes telling that story) with all the launch monitor fitting inside and the driving range time outside with all their knowledge and help. imho its insane to question if its worth it, 50.00 and they refund that if you buy clubs. its worth fifty easy to get a computer readout of all my swing numbers and have them watch me hit balls and offer advice on equipment.

tell keith mike from ks. says hi.

Back