Cobra AMP Cell Pro Irons

Look at you being all convincing...

was able to hit the range yesterday for the first time out with the new sticks.

hitting these on the range is fun and easy. lol.

the 6, 7, and 8 are butter. simple to hit, and deadly accurate. the 9 and PW take a little more concentration for me, but equally as rewarding as the rest.
the 4 and 5 irons are a little tougher to hit than the rest, but just take a good swing, which are 1 in 3 for me lately. i'm glad they're in the bag tho.

i played 18 today and did not play well, but i had my moments. the poor shots didn't come from the irons, which is good news i suppose. FWIW, this is my first time swinging clubs, let alone playing in 2+ weeks, coming off my back injury.... so i can't complain.
the irons were great today...soon they'll throw darts.

the 6, 7, and 8 are butter. simple to hit, and deadly accurate. the 9 and PW take a little more concentration for me, but equally as rewarding as the rest.
the 4 and 5 irons are a little tougher to hit than the rest, but just take a good swing, which are 1 in 3 for me lately. i'm glad they're in the bag tho.

i played 18 today and did not play well, but i had my moments. the poor shots didn't come from the irons, which is good news i suppose. FWIW, this is my first time swinging clubs, let alone playing in 2+ weeks, coming off my back injury.... so i can't complain.

I'm sure you will get them dialed in Tyno! You've hot game. I plan on lots of range time with these once in hand. They sure are sharp looking.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Dude, you will so start pin firing with these babies. Plenty of time to get the kinks out.

Dude, you will so start pin firing with these babies. Plenty of time to get the kinks out.

He's T-clutch. Of course he will be firing darts. I have no doubt.

He's T-clutch. Of course he will be firing darts. I have no doubt.

My thoughts exactly dude.

Any updates Tyno or Tim? I'm looking forward to some thoughts. It's the only thing I can grab onto until my delivery.

Any updates Tyno or Tim? I'm looking forward to some thoughts. It's the only thing I can grab onto until my delivery.

Playing tomorrow bro. Rainski here last two days. Sorry !

Playing tomorrow bro. Rainski here last two days. Sorry !

lol. this guys wants me to play golf every day with a bad back!

haha, jk buddy. i probably won't play until Thursday, and that's IF the rain holds off.

So first time out with these beauties last night and let me tell you - did they EVER impress. Not only are they possibly the best looking irons I have ever gamed, but they might be the best fit irons for my game and for my swing that I have ever played as well. I left my driver home on purpose to try to put myself in spots to hit more irons and it worked out pretty well.

3rd hole - 4 iron off the tee. Yup. First swing with these babies was with the ol' 4 iron. Very solid and very forgiving. Good swing. Just off the green to the right on a long par 3. Made par.

6th hole - 9 iron off the tee and onto the green to about 15 feet. Solid solid solid. Perfect combo of feel, feedback and flight. At this point I was extremely pumped about these.

7th hole - 6 iron from 200 to just left of the green. Another decent swing another solid result. These just feel right in my hands. Like they were built for me and not Rickie or Ian.

8th hole- 8 iron off the tee and onto the green to 18 feet- short par 3. Had a shot at the stick on this one and spun it just a tad too much. Just a great feeling off the face.

*sidenote at this point I have hit each type of club in the set and they truly are a FLOW set. Each frames the ball perfectly to my liking and each has just the right mix of forgiveness and feedback for my liking. The differences are just enough and perfect.*

9th hole- 7 iron to just short of the green from 180. Probably miss clubbed here. Should have hit the 6, but I wanted to hit the 7 bad haha. Same as the others in the set. Just a beautifully crafted combo set.

As some of you know, I have gamed blade - like irons (s56's) and true blades (Cally MB's). I have been looking for something to sort of snuggle in between these two sets. These stunners are EXACTLY what I have been searching for.

well done sir.
from the sounds of it, it looks like they were built for you!

Awesome Tim. Seems like you are on fire with them already. I can't wait to join in on the fun.

well done sir.
from the sounds of it, it looks like they were built for you!

Awesome Tim. Seems like you are on fire with them already. I can't wait to join in on the fun.

Thanks gents. They are seriously perfect for my game. I can't wait till you get them BF!

So first time out with these beauties last night and let me tell you - did they EVER impress. Not only are they possibly the best looking irons I have ever gamed, but they might be the best fit irons for my game and for my swing that I have ever played as well. I left my driver home on purpose to try to put myself in spots to hit more irons and it worked out pretty well.

3rd hole - 4 iron off the tee. Yup. First swing with these babies was with the ol' 4 iron. Very solid and very forgiving. Good swing. Just off the green to the right on a long par 3. Made par.

6th hole - 9 iron off the tee and onto the green to about 15 feet. Solid solid solid. Perfect combo of feel, feedback and flight. At this point I was extremely pumped about these.

7th hole - 6 iron from 200 to just left of the green. Another decent swing another solid result. These just feel right in my hands. Like they were built for me and not Rickie or Ian.

8th hole- 8 iron off the tee and onto the green to 18 feet- short par 3. Had a shot at the stick on this one and spun it just a tad too much. Just a great feeling off the face.

*sidenote at this point I have hit each type of club in the set and they truly are a FLOW set. Each frames the ball perfectly to my liking and each has just the right mix of forgiveness and feedback for my liking. The differences are just enough and perfect.*

9th hole- 7 iron to just short of the green from 180. Probably miss clubbed here. Should have hit the 6, but I wanted to hit the 7 bad haha. Same as the others in the set. Just a beautifully crafted combo set.

As some of you know, I have gamed blade - like irons (s56's) and true blades (Cally MB's). I have been looking for something to sort of snuggle in between these two sets. These stunners are EXACTLY what I have been searching for.

Love the sound of this! Looks like you founds the perfect tools for your game.

Love the sound of this! Looks like you founds the perfect tools for your game.

Thanks bro. Seriously pumped about them.

Glad the set is working out well for you Tim, and can't wait to see you in action with them in the second round!

How about forgiveness in the 4, 5, and 6 compared to the s56?

I'd say comparable. Not as forigiving, but that is to be expected with a smaller and forged head. For the size of the head however, I'd say 6 out of 10, where I'd put the s56's at 7.5 or so for a blade or blade like iron. Not the most forgiving mind you, but that is to be expected. You can feel the difference between the MB's of this set and the single cavity and double cavity. How pronounced it is did suprise me.

Glad the set is working out well for you Tim, and can't wait to see you in action with them in the second round!

You too broski! It's going to be a blast!

I think the small head size scared be away the most comeing from the J40 DPC's. It will be interesting to hear how guys like Bullfrog make that transition.

I think the small head size scared be away the most comeing from the J40 DPC's. It will be interesting to hear how guys like Bullfrog make that transition.

I put them side by side in GG. Wasn't as big a difference as you would think. I thought close to size of TM MBs. Hopefully I will find out soon!

Back