Cobra AMP Cell Pro Irons

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Now that these are up for pre-order from sites I figured we might as well give them their own space.

I'm head over heels in love with these things, after only spending a short time with the 7 iron, I can't wait to hit the others!!!

Cobra Mens AMP Cell Pro Golf Irons

Tour-Proven Irons For Control And Accuracy!

COBRA Golf has launched the all new Rickie Fowler – inspired AMP CELL Pro Irons, packed with the latest in golf iron technology and looks that blend forgiveness, tour trajectory and workability.
Cobra Mens AMP Cell Pro Irons feature:

• Aligned grain structure on carbon steel and tighter tolerances to provide better feel
  • Tour inspired shape and center of gravity placement for optimal trajectory control
  • Dual cavity long irons (#2-#6) flow into single cavity mid irons (#7-#8) and full muscle back short irons (#9-PW, GW)
  • Set includes: #4 thru PW (46°)
  • Available separately: #2 Iron (19°) • #3 Iron (21°) • GW (50°)
  • Steel shafts available in Stiff flex
  • Available in right- and left-hand
Cobra AMP Cell Pro 4-PW Iron Set with Steel Shafts

The Cobra AMP Cell Pro 4-PW Iron Set with Steel Shafts features grain-flow forging and precise positioning of weight behind the hitting area to deliver the ultimate in feel, control, and accuracy. The dual-cavity long irons (4-6) flow into single-cavity mid irons (7-8) and into full-muscle-back short irons (9-PW), blending forgiveness, Tour trajectory, and workability.
Additional features:

• Forged technology: aligned grain structure on carbon steel and tighter tolerances to provide better feel
  • Blade shape: Tour-inspired shape and center of gravity placement for optimal trajectory control
Cobra Men's AMP CELL Pro Irons - (Steel) 4-PW

Pre-Order the Cobra AMP CELL Pro Irons. Product expected to start shipping early April.

With a Rickie Fowler-inspired design, the Cobra AMP CELL Pro Irons are tour-proven for control and accuracy.

Never putt first.

• Forged Technology: Aligned grain structure on carbon steel and tighter tolerances to provide better feel.
  • Blade Shape: Tour inspired shape and CG placement for optimal trajectory control.
  • Flow Set: Dual cavity long irons (4–6) flow into single cavity mid irons (7–8) and full muscleback short irons (9-PW) blending forgiveness, tour trajectory, and workability.
  • Head Material: Forged 1020 Carbon Steel
  • Grip: Golf Pride New Decade MCC Whiteout
4 iron:
2110RSS4P_AMP_Cell_Pro_4_iron

6 iron:
2110RSS4P_AMP_Cell_Pro_6i_iron

7 iron:
image.jpg
2110RSS4P_AMP_Cell_Pro_7_iron_Address
2110RSS4P_AMP_Cell_Pro_7_iron_face

PW:
2110RSS4P_AMP_Cell_Pro_PW

I think Cobra has really smashed the ball off the course (heh) with these clubs. They're so darn good looking, they REALLY make me wish I could swing a club better and that my wrists weren't all buggered up.

I think the only way I could game these for a while is if I went the custom route with the Dual Pocket style all the way up to the 8 iron. The 9 and PW can only be had in the MB form.

I hit the 7 iron yesterday and I shouldn't have...lol

I was hitting it on the simulator about 175 yards on good hits and about 160-165 on miss hits but had only about 2. The guy that owns the range/sim that I go to just became a Cobra dealer. I can say it is going to be extremely difficult not to trade in the irons for this set. They look gorgeous and perform even better.

I didn't get a chance to ask him yesterday, what's the price point on these going to be for the 4i-PW set?

These irons just look so good. I really wish they were coming out sooner. I want to stack them up against the RBladez Tour and I am getting antsy.

Thanks Icey! This is my favorite thread by far :D

Love the look of these, and if the feel is even half of the looks, I'll have my GIR up to tour player level :D

I will like this thread much more when we get some in hand THP pictures

These irons just look so good. I really wish they were coming out sooner. I want to stack them up against the RBladez Tour and I am getting antsy.

I'm with you. These are one of my top 3 or 4 irons to hit that could easily find the bag..

I didn't get a chance to ask him yesterday, what's the price point on these going to be for the 4i-PW set?

according Golf Galaxy 4-PW will be 799

That's not bad at all!

no I think that is a competitive price for a set like this. I am kind of considering the GW from this set even if I don't go this direction for my MC bag.

I think these are going to be awesome. I can't wait to try them.

no I think that is a competitive price for a set like this. I am kind of considering the GW from this set even if I don't go this direction for my MC bag.

That was my thought as far as the pricing too. Most companies "players" irons or forged are all in the $1000 and up range. I would be surprised if you didn't go with babies for the cup. I hit both the amp cell and pro 7 irons and I was actually getting more distance on the pro. Buttery soft too.

Me too, cant wait to see how these stack up. They certainly look amazing. Will be interested to see the sole of these, I hope they're a bit thinner than the Nike Pro Combo's as that what turned me away from those.

That was my thought as far as the pricing too. Most companies "players" irons or forged are all in the $1000 and up range. I would be surprised if you didn't go with babies for the cup. I hit both the amp cell and pro 7 irons and I was actually getting more distance on the pro. Buttery soft too.

we will see what happens when I hit them. From the swings I have had with the regular version I found those things overly easy to hit which was nice.

Me too, cant wait to see how these stack up. They certainly look amazing. Will be interested to see the sole of these, I hope they're a bit thinner than the Nike Pro Combo's as that what turned me away from those.

The sole is thin for sure. The 7 iron sole was about the size of the sole on my Taylormade MC 6 iron. Maybe a touch thinner.

799 is really good price for this style of iron especially including the 4-iron. Wonder what the upgrade shaft options will be? Thinking C-Taper here..

The sole is thin for sure. The 7 iron sole was about the size of the sole on my Taylormade MC 6 iron. Maybe a touch thinner.

that's a good comparison for me, I played those for months when they first came out. Would you say they are similar in blade length too?

great, thanks for the comparison!

that's a good comparison for me, I played those for months when they first came out. Would you say they are similar in blade length too?

Definitely. Blade length was very very close to the same size. The top line of the amp cell was about the same size as well. Maybe a touch thinner there too. As far as distance I was hitting my TM MC 7 iron about 165-170 and the amp cell was 174-178 so I was actually getting a few more yards. Like I said I wish I didn't hit them because now I'm in serious ponder mode.

i will like this thread much more when these clubs are in my hands and then i'll post pictures.

Definitely. Blade length was very very close to the same size. The top line of the amp cell was about the same size as well. Maybe a touch thinner there too. As far as distance I was hitting my TM MC 7 iron about 165-170 and the amp cell was 174-178 so I was actually getting a few more yards. Like I said I wish I didn't hit them because now I'm in serious ponder mode.

that's beast mode. I think tops I could hit that MC 7 iron was about 150. When I switched from them to the Razr X for the first MC I was hitting that 7 iron 165. It was much more enjoyable. My swing is better now though so we shall see.

that's beast mode. I think tops I could hit that MC 7 iron was about 150. When I switched from them to the Razr X for the first MC I was hitting that 7 iron 165. It was much more enjoyable. My swing is better now though so we shall see.

Haha thanks! I wish my longer clubs were like that as well but unfortunately that's not the case so that's what I'll be working on this summer! But I'm with everyone else I'm really excited to see THP in hand pictures of these and see what every one else thinks about them.

Back