3,4,5 hybrid all regular flex and 6-aw and really liking this set-up now , haven't missed any thing from no long irons

I usually carry 3-PW, GW-LW but right now I've put my 14* Trimetal back in and took my 3 iron out. I don't have much confidence in my long irons so I'll eventually carry a couple hybrids or fairways. I tend to hit driver on most par 4's and par 5's but if it's tight, I'll use my 18* 4/5 wood. I very rarely find myself needing a 3 or 4 iron...5-LW suits my game just fine.

No hybrids at this point. Currently have 3-PW, Gap, sand and lob. Have to dial in the yard ages of the new xhots and then may switch out the three wood for a 2 hybrid or a strong 4.

2 hybrid then 3 iron through pw

I often mix in a 4 wood to replace my 3/5. Sometimes I play better when the decision is made for me.

No hybrids. Just long irons and fairway woods.

FW's and then a full set of irons. I have pondered hybrids a lot though.

I play a 4 and 5 hybrid then go to 6 iron through PW.

3w, then 2h and 3 iron on down. I find I can usually sub in the 2h for the 2w or 3i if they start acting up that day. And live without it if IT's the club going sideways.

3H 18*, 4H 23*, 5H 27*. Six iron has a graphite shaft, 7-PW are steel.

I have an 18* 2 hybrid, 21* 4 hybrid, and a 24* Burner 5 iron currently. But that last spot will be my new JPX 4 iron

I guess I needed the spur and NOW glad it came, but switched to hybrids through 6i during the Adam's A12 OS testing and have not switched back. I'm more accurate. 7i is my lowest actual iron in the bag now and I never would have guessed that a good move, but was.

I am switching back to the same hybrids for my next round. Right now I am planning on this being a permanent change.

4H, 5-PW

3-5H, 6-AW, 54, 58. I used to be very stubborn about hitting long irons but then I messed around with hybrids and now they're all over my bag.

Thinking of taking my 3h out of my bag and putting my 3-iron back in. I have been real consistent with my 4-iron lately and thinking 3-iron would be great off the tee on some tight holes. I'm not having consistent results with the hybrid.

I have no hybrids, but use 3-SW irons.

I started by choosing a 2H over a 5W and went for a Titleist 913H in 19 degrees. Then because my 4i (strong at 21 degrees so really a 3i) only gave me an extra 5 yards over my 24 degree iron I dropped it for a 21 degree Titleist 913H.

So:
3W (15 degree)
2H (19 degree)
3H (21 degree)
Iron (24 degree)

Since my home course has narrow tree lined fairways with doglegs, you have to be able to flight the ball over, under, and around trouble. To do this I have a somewhat different setup.

4 wood, primarily for tee shots. Almost never for fairway shots

7 wood, for tight tee shots and long fairway shots where I need to elevate a shot over something or carry a trap

4 iron, for par threes without trouble in front, longish fairway shots where a lower trajectory is ok, and of course punch out shots from under trees

5 hybrid, for par 3 and mid-longish shots when I need to elevate over trouble or carry a trap or water in front of the green

6-58 degree, for everything that fits yardage and can go over or under trouble

I am considering dropping the 6 iron and getting another hybrid, primarily because of trajectory and may generally be better on mishit shot. I am also considering dropping the 4 wood for a 9 or 11 wood. It seems, depending on the tees I play I hardly ever use the 4 wood. One of the woods might fill a yardage and trajectory gap.

I run D, 3w, 5w and then 4i through wedges. My big gap is between 4i and 5w (about 30 yards) but I just choke up on the 5w if necessary. I have carried a 3i in the past but the courses I play most often require me to throw in the extra wedge.

No hybrids for me. 3+ and 5 woods then 3-PW. I don't get along with hybrids for too long, but always seem to hit my long irons well. Shopping around for a 2 iron at the moment to occasionally replace the 5 wood with.

Looking for an R11 3i. Right now it goes from 4w->4i and I need to fill that gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3w, 18 hybrid, 20.5 hybrid, 4-iron down. The gaps work out to about 15-20 yards between clubs at the top of the bag.

In my setup I keep 4i thru PW, with a 52, 56 and 62 wedges regardless of what course I'm playing. If I'm playing a shorter course with lighter rough I'll put my 3i in the bag, which is bent to 19* so its more like a 2i. If i'm playing a longer course or a course with some deep harsh rough, I'll take the 3i out and opt for my 18* hybrid instead as its about 15-20 yds longer off the tee than my 3i and much easier to hit out of the rough for distances over 200yds. Although if Callaway got their **** together and made their x utility iron in LH that'd probably solve all my problems with one club lol.

Hybrid was a club category that didn't really exist yet when cancer knocked me out of the game a decade ago. Since returning, I've found hybrids to be a nice, comfortable choice for my longer irons. I went with the Adams V4 hybrid set, which is a 4H-6H with the 7 thru GW in a wide sole style. I like them, plain and simple. I've replaced my old 5W with an Adams Super LS 19 deg. hybrid to complete the set.

I go 3 hybrid at 18* then 4-pw

Back