Recap Thread - THP New England Invitational Sponsored By KBS

Funny thing is, me and MikeDean did the same thing yesterday while Colt and Jlukes drove straight to it. Haha

I don't think the cart paths were set-up to go between the two differenct courses so I think it was screwing everything up. It was fun though watching Colt and Stan drive back up to the first tee on the Player course and look a little confused. :)

Also forgot to mention that it was absolutely great seeing the number of lefties at the tournament. Had the range been open, I was going to suggest a picture of all of the lefties hitting side by side on the range and then photo shop it with monkeys flying - but I will have to stick with just telling people how many lefties were there.

Bullet points from the weekend

- holy crap, that was a lot of rain on Friday
- the Dunkin Donus glazed donut breakfast sandwich was pretty good
- walked into the hotel and Colt immediately holds up his phone displaying the picture of my wife sleeping
- bison burger at Wood n Tap was fantastic
- pre-dinner car bombs with Buck and Co was fantastic
- getting to introduce my wife to Josh and Morgan at dinner on Saturday
- the look on Buck's face when JB said that Betti's were better when they were under the Mizuno umbrella
- watching Colt eat his baked cheese wheel
- checking my phone for the latest weather report every 5 minutes
- waking up an hour before my alarm on Saturday morning because I was so excited, and then reading that the course was open - getting me even more excited
- awesome breakfast in the hotel before the round, hosted by one of the sweetest hotel employees I've ever met
- pulling up to the course to see the THP van
- hanging out on the putting green with everyone and introducing myself to everyone
- winning the putting contest to win an incredible Bushnell Neo X watch (used it on Sunday - so awesome)
- standing on the 1st tee with everyone to watch the opening t shots
- watching Philly Golf Guy whiff (sorry Chris!)
- getting to know my awesome group of amsmith, colt, and stan
- Pulling up to the 3rd green and having JB ask "why is colt wandering around in the fairway back there?"
- Colt's long birdie off of JB's ball on the first par 3
- being relaxed because of great company and shooting one of the best rounds of my life
- hitting a flop shot, only to look over afterwards to see JB without any pants
- watching Tim(stan) and Colt find their groove on the back 9
- Asmith fixing his tee ball position on 17 and proceeding to absolutely murder his next two drives
- SLOW greens on the back 9 that had the ball slow going downhill
- getting post round kisses from ddec and nerfny's dog
- having an absolutely great time at the dinner
- getting to see ddec re-enact his snake encounter from the 2012 morgan cup
- mikedean convincing my wife to let me play at 5:54am sunday morning
- hanging out in the parking lot after dinner as nobody wanted to call it a night
- pulling up to the course at 5:20 am Sunday morning and not being able to see half the course due to fog
- watching mikedean swear off chutting, and then proceeding to chutt
- watching colt get his groove on and hit some great shots
- getting to play the back 9 of the player course (some awesome views up there)
- colt hitting it into a water hazard that wasn't really a water hazard
- colt, mike and I hitting our shots into the 18th green while dodging range balls
- getting pies, donuts, and other assorted goods at the bakery after the round

Wish the weekend didn't have to end - was such a great time and I couldn't have spent it with a better group of people

First off, thank you to Josh and Morgan for choosing New England to host the Invitational and having confidence in my to set it up. Truthfully it was a blast watching everything come together, the course was great to deal with, and the feedback from everyone so far has been awesome.

I tried to spend some time with as many people as I possibly could this weekend. I will do my best to keep this short:

JB - It was great to finally meet you. You have an awesome sense of humor and it is hard to not laugh being around you. I am sorry that you can no longer hold not coming to an event over my head. Haha. Thanks for the quick tour of the van. That thing is absolutely awesome. Pictures dont do it justice. Thank you for everything you did to help make the weekend as special as possible. Truly one of a kind.

GolferGal - What else can I say that hasnt already been said about you time and time again. You are an absolute sweetheart. Speaking with you a few times over the weekend and at dinner Saturday night was a pleasure. You work so hard and it really shows with how well all these events go off. I also love the 'Nice, mean streak" you have, kicking those poor old people out of our dinner room. Haha. I hope you had a great time in Boston and I look forward to meeting up again in Atlanta and hearing all about your trip.

Mike Dean - After over a year of text messages, Xbox chats, and phone calls, it was great to finally meet you and play some golf to prove to you that I actually do indeed play golf. You are a great dude and it was awesome spending so much time with you this weekend and really getting to know you. Even though you forced me to play golf at 5:50 am, it was a really fun round of golf. Listening to you tell yourself how much you suck after every shot was pretty amusing considering how well you played. I cant wait to follow along with the Morgan Cup and watch how well you are going to play. That Bettinardi in your hand is magic.

Buckjob - This guy is an absolute beauty. Exactly my kind of person (minus the tattoos). Tells it like it is and I love it. The most important thing I learned all weekend, was Friday night at the bar, Buck bestowed his firefighter wisdom on me. The best way to put out a grease fire is using a Fireman's Irish car bomb urine. I made sure I wrote it down in my phone so I would never forget it. Being around Buck you just cant help but constantly be laughing. He is an absolute riot and a terrific Gawfer. Despite his appearance, he is also a really nice and genuine person.

ddec, TeedUpThoughts, and motooooo - That round of golf Saturday was the most fun I have ever had on a golf course. Dean had me cracking up most of the round. The old dude yelling about finding his ball 10 feet away during Dean's backswing and watching Dean crumple over in laughter was amazing. At least now when I get dragged to the in-laws I can force Dean to come play golf with me. Ray (TeedUpThoughts) is a super nice guy and has some serious game. He was really hammering that green Cobra Amp Cell. Had a nice long talk with Ray at dinner on Saturday night as well. Cant wait to meet up again with you buddy. My partner on Team Optimism, Mitch, the tunnel of love on the Player course will never be the same. I was really glad we were paired together since we had already played together. I know we both didnt play our best but I had so much fun. I am sorry for constantly leaving the cart behind and forgetting the yardage book at home but honestly, using Ken's notes what more did we need. "Trouble left, but you also dont want to go right" Haha

Philly Golf Guy - Chris it was awesome to see you again buddy. I heard a rumor that you may or may not have set a record on the first tee... It's all in good fun man and I hope you had a great time and look forward to playing another round with you soon. I assume that round will be with a set of Altitudes..

Six4Three5 (aka 8675309 aka 90210) - Jimmy despite the Rickie Fowler outfit and the flat brim hat, it was great meeting you. Watching you throw darts Saturday shot for shot with JB was awesome. You have a great sense of humor also. Glad you were able to make it down. Just remembered as I was typing this when you hit your head on the light at dinner when we were moving tables and JB said "wouldnt have happened if you had the flat brim hat on" Haha

Damaikis - Charlie it was great to see you again and I was so happy you made the trip up. For a young kid, you really have your head on your shoulders and it is great talking with you. Sounds like you had a great time and hopefully we can tee it up again soon.

Shankasaurus - Jim you are great and funny guy. It was awesome meeting you and hanging out. I saw you hit a few shots on Saturday and they all looked really nice. Thanks for making the trip down and I am glad you had a good time.

WCBM - Tim, it was awesome to finally meet you. Despite the beard, you are a sweetheart man. First thing this guy says to me when I meet him is, 'How is your kid doing?" If that doesnt say everything you need to know about this guy, I dont know what does. Even though you had to leave early and miss dinner (I forgive you), It was amazing to put a face with the bearded avatar. Cant want to meet up again and chat it up.

StanTheCaddy - Aside from the obvious need to change your username, you are a great guy. Awesome to be around. Alot of fun and apparently you have the game to back it up. I heard you played pretty well out there. Hopefully we can get a bunch of New Englanders together in the fall for a round or 2.

Colt - My boy Colt. I probably spent the most time this weekend with Colt. Despite what he says about himself, he is a terrific guy. Just a genuine nice person. Maybe its just the southern accent. He was a totally different golfer Sunday. He played a few wedge shots that were amazing. Under a tree over a bunker to 2 feet from about 90 yards away is the one that sticks out in my mind. Now, his eating habits, not so much. That monstrosity of a calzone on Friday night might be the grossest things I have seen a human being eat. Haha You are good in my book Colt.

jlukes - You are kind of a good golfer but a much better guy. I have played 2 rounds of golf with you now and can say both times have been alot of fun. The thing I like best is how encouraging you are to your playing partners. You go and smash a 280 yard drive and are always there to pat someone on the back even if they hit a bad shot. Not often do you find a guy that plays really well but it also really patient and encouraging to his playing partners when they are struggling. Your wife was super nice also and I am really glad you were able to bring her with you. I hope we didnt get you in trouble about the GPS watch...haha Look forward to teeing it up again with you soon.

amsmith61 - It was awesome meeting you and I have already seen how active you have been on the forum since coming back. I really want to go back to Lyman in the fall and I know you said you were looking into it. I am sure we can get a pretty good size group together. Apple season + apple pies..haha

arydolphin - Amol, you sir are awesome. I felt like I have known you my whole life. Such a genuine and nice person. Glad to have finally met you and look forward to doing it again soon.

Clemenza - Although we met and chatted briefly, it was great meeting you. You are such a nice guy and I am glad you came out this weekend.

kenh - Thank you for all of your help with the event. I PM'ed Ken quite a few questions about the area and the course and he was always quick to respond. Mitch loved your notes on Saturday also. Haha It was nice meeting you and your wife on Saturday.

mhuelsman131 - Your white Nike staff bag was absolutely gorgeous. Only got to see your tee shot on 1 but it was awesome. Great meeting you and hope we can do it again soon, maybe in the fall.

CS - Curt (apparently no one knew you changed from Curt Slice to CS..haha) Great seeing you again buddy.

fireitup - Jeff, always a pleasure. Sorry you had to run home during the round but we all understand, playing with Mike Dean isnt easy.

Scarnici and Spahrticus - Glad you were able to make it. Wish we could have chatted more but happy you guys had a good time.

Skipper, TheLama and Skeeter - I know you guys are all relatively new members but I am glad you decided to come and join in on the event. It was great meeting you guys.

Acole & BillMcK - Congrats on the win. Hope to see you guys on the forum and talking to you in the future.

nerfny and Lexie - It was great meeting you both. It's nice to put a face to the person that has to put up with Dean. Haha Lexie is absolutely gorgeous and so lovable.

Last but not least, I want to thank Lyman Orchards. I had been dealing with Tracy Lynch from the very beginning and she was absolutely amazing to deal with. So nice. Always got back to me quickly and was very accomodating. The grounds crew deserve a huge hat tip as well for getting the course playable after 3 inches of rain in a day.

Thank you all for coming and I cant wait to see some of you guys in Atlanta. I dont think I missed anyone but if I did I still love you.

Last edited:
More thoughts:
- Talking with JB and Morgan after the round and sitting with them at dinner was great, two really down-to-earth, genuinely great people who made it really easy to come to an internet event and feel like long lost friends.
_ Finally meeting Jlukes was great, I haven't met too many people with that much enerygy which was refreshing. I got to the restaurant a bit early and got to have a drink with him and his wife who was super nice. Both just great people, hopefully she forgives you for the Sun AM round and really believes you won the GPS watch and didn't buy it. Hopefully we can get a round in together at a future event.
- Dev and I had decided over dinner that with Colt's "issues" with wearing hats that he would be a dead ringer for a southern version of Jesper Parnevik if we could find him one of those funky hats. Husky Vusky buddy! Seriously though, onre of the most laid-back guys to talk to and had a really nice convo over dinner. Wish him all the best of luck meeting the parents soon and with his upcoming military duties.
- MikeDean and his fish (singular fried piece of bait) and multiple chips at dinner was funny. great dry sense of humor and seems to take everybody busting his chops all the time well. He is a great closer as I witnessed him seal the deal for JLukes to be able to play Sun AM.
- Six4097324857 great meeting you and glad to see all of the pre-outing banter didn't get you down. Dead ringer for Rickie Fowler but without the mustache, glad you hit the closest to the pin and didn't hurt your head on the lamp at dinner.
Met so many other great people briefly that I hope to see again as they seem like fun to be around (Arydolphin, shankapotomus, Buckjob, WCBM, Kenh, etc...too many to go through!)

Thank again Jb, GG, Dev and Lyman for hosting such a memorable time!

More thoughts:
- Talking with JB and Morgan after the round and sitting with them at dinner was great, two really down-to-earth, genuinely great people who made it really easy to come to an internet event and feel like long lost friends.
_ Finally meeting Jlukes was great, I haven't met too many people with that much enerygy which was refreshing. I got to the restaurant a bit early and got to have a drink with him and his wife who was super nice. Both just great people, hopefully she forgives you for the Sun AM round and really believes you won the GPS watch and didn't buy it. Hopefully we can get a round in together at a future event.
- Dev and I had decided over dinner that with Colt's "issues" with wearing hats that he would be a dead ringer for a southern version of Jesper Parnevik if we could find him one of those funky hats. Husky Vusky buddy! Seriously though, onre of the most laid-back guys to talk to and had a really nice convo over dinner. Wish him all the best of luck meeting the parents soon and with his upcoming military duties.
- MikeDean and his fish (singular fried piece of bait) and multiple chips at dinner was funny. great dry sense of humor and seems to take everybody busting his chops all the time well. He is a great closer as I witnessed him seal the deal for JLukes to be able to play Sun AM.
- Six4097324857 great meeting you and glad to see all of the pre-outing banter didn't get you down. Dead ringer for Rickie Fowler but without the mustache, glad you hit the closest to the pin and didn't hurt your head on the lamp at dinner.
Met so many other great people briefly that I hope to see again as they seem like fun to be around (Arydolphin, shankapotomus, Buckjob, WCBM, Kenh, etc...too many to go through!)

Thank again Jb, GG, Dev and Lyman for hosting such a memorable time!

HAHAHAH I totally forgot about that!

without a doubt

Even though Mother Nature had her effect on the course and the plans for this past weekends NE Invitational, it could not dampen the mood and the fun of the event. When we pulled in to the parking lot the first thing we noticed was a Fowler clone(6435) and some orange pants(Charlie) and I knew we were in the right spot.

Got out of the car and headed over the putting green, got to meet many THPers that I have yet to have the pleasure of meeting. That's always a fun thing at these events, meeting new THPers and hearing about their journey in life and this game. I ran in to Morgan and Ricky first. Morgan gave me the cold shoulder by saying "Hi, where is your wife and dog?" Just shows how happy she was to see me, I kid of course. Even though I have destroyed Ricky on xbox, I have never met him in person so I was looking forward to that. Hung around the putting green for about an hour or so chatting it up with everyone. Ran in to some old friends, JB, MikeDean, WCBM, Amol(now my mortal enemy), and had a good time.

My playing partners for the round were TeedUpThoughts, Ricky, and Moto. First off I have to say that Mitch's beard is a thing of beauty. It might be a little gnarly in some spots, but the dude rocks it. I'm pretty sure he gave Ricky a little beard tickle in the tunnel. Mitch was just automatic off the tee, it was boring to watch. We had a good time talking golf because our misses and swing thoughts at very similar. Ricky was a blast to play with. He hit his driver very well on the day. He even had an epic called shot that he should be proud of. The guy just makes me laugh. We had some strange guy come running over to me on one hole to see if I was about hit his ball, which I wasn't. Then as I get ready to swing you hear him from about 20 yards to the side of me "OOOH EHHH I found a ball." Next you hear someone yell, "Yeah and it goes well with your hat!" Freaking ricky, no course etiquette :alien: As for my partner TUT, we had some great conversations throughout the round. I'm sorry I let you down by stinking up the joint. When this guy connects with his AMP Cell Masters Driver, it just goes forever. Certainly has a solid all around game. The entire afternoon was just a bunch of laughs and a good time. While none of us played particularly well, it was a round I won't forget. I'm sure Mitch won't either, because it's probably his last round for a month. Watching him taking the ball out of the hole was both painful and hilarious.

Even though Mother Nature had her effect on the course and the plans for this past weekends NE Invitational, it could not dampen the mood and the fun of the event. When we pulled in to the parking lot the first thing we noticed was a Fowler clone(6435) and some orange pants(Charlie) and I knew we were in the right spot.

Got out of the car and headed over the putting green, got to meet many THPers that I have yet to have the pleasure of meeting. That's always a fun thing at these events, meeting new THPers and hearing about their journey in life and this game. I ran in to Morgan and Ricky first. Morgan gave me the cold shoulder by saying "Hi, where is your wife and dog?" Just shows how happy she was to see me, I kid of course. Even though I have destroyed Ricky on xbox, I have never met him in person so I was looking forward to that. Hung around the putting green for about an hour or so chatting it up with everyone. Ran in to some old friends, JB, MikeDean, WCBM, Amol(now my mortal enemy), and had a good time.

My playing partners for the round were TeedUpThoughts, Ricky, and Moto. First off I have to say that Mitch's beard is a thing of beauty. It might be a little gnarly in some spots, but the dude rocks it. I'm pretty sure he gave Ricky a little beard tickle in the tunnel. Mitch was just automatic off the tee, it was boring to watch. We had a good time talking golf because our misses and swing thoughts at very similar. Ricky was a blast to play with. He hit his driver very well on the day. He even had an epic called shot that he should be proud of. The guy just makes me laugh. We had some strange guy come running over to me on one hole to see if I was about hit his ball, which I wasn't. Then as I get ready to swing you hear him from about 20 yards to the side of me "OOOH EHHH I found a ball." Next you hear someone yell, "Yeah and it goes well with your hat!" Freaking ricky, no course etiquette :alien: As for my partner TUT, we had some great conversations throughout the round. I'm sorry I let you down by stinking up the joint. When this guy connects with his AMP Cell Masters Driver, it just goes forever. Certainly has a solid all around game. The entire afternoon was just a bunch of laughs and a good time. While none of us played particularly well, it was a round I won't forget. I'm sure Mitch won't either, because it's probably his last round for a month. Watching him taking the ball out of the hole was both painful and hilarious.

Heisman pose combined with a sprinter's pose combined with someone dropping a deuce is the best way I could describe it. Haha

Certainly didn't let me down partner! Pretty sure you carried me on most holes, thanks for the kind words though. the "gentleman" with the british cap excited to find his ball 14 fairways over and yell his excitement to the world was classic! And sorry Mitch fled before he fulfilled his promise to you...the beard was a thing to behold! Hope his back is doing ok

Other stuff....

I met a ton of new people so trying to do all of this off the top of my head is difficult.

WCBM - This guy was excited for this. He started texting me when I was about 30 minutes out. When I heard the range was closed, and he told me he was hitting balls at the range, I figured he was in the wrong spot. Didn't take him long to find his way though as he was at the range on the bottom of the hill. One of my favorite guys on THP, always smiling and having a good time.

Jlukes - we met briefly last year in AC, but got to spend more time around each other this time. It was fun talking to Joe. He shares a common love for both the AMP Cell line, and apparently my dog. The guy can flat out play golf too. A great personality and someone that if you get the chance to hang out with, don't pass it up.

Charlie - He might be young, but man is he mature. Heck at 19 I don't know how I would handle being around a crew like this. Got to sit with him at dinner and by the 18th green and had the chance to learn more about him. Great meeting him, he has some high goals for life and I hope he exceeds every one of them.

StanTheCaddy - His name might be Tim, but I only call him Stan. We me last year in Ohio, but just like with Jlukes, I got to hang out with him more this time. We are hoping to get together in a few weeks for some golf. We even talked about perhaps a Bethpage trip.

Clemenza - Pete lives in my area, but we've never met. In fact I found out he plays in a league that it within 5 minutes of my place. We talked about golf, dogs, and other things. We are certainly going to tee it up together in the near future. One of those people that you don't know much about going in to an event like this, and you leave feeling like you could tee it up with them every day.

Talking about good old Western New York, snakes, gators, and other things wit the crew from out there. I'm hoping to get back out there later this summer and if I do I hope to tee it up with you all.

more to come....

and for those from the story hour at dinner, you can sense how excited I am about this logo right?

7276_10151719815039665_1065829074_n.jpg

First off, thank you to Josh and Morgan for choosing New England to host the Invitational and having confidence in my to set it up. Truthfully it was a blast watching everything come together, the course was great to deal with, and the feedback from everyone so far has been awesome.

I tried to spend some time with as many people as I possibly could this weekend. I will do my best to keep this short:

JB - It was great to finally meet you. You have an awesome sense of humor and it is hard to not laugh being around you. I am sorry that you can no longer hold not coming to an event over my head. Haha. Thanks for the quick tour of the van. That thing is absolutely awesome. Pictures dont do it justice. Thank you for everything you did to help make the weekend as special as possible. Truly one of a kind.

GolferGal - What else can I say that hasnt already been said about you time and time again. You are an absolute sweetheart. Speaking with you a few times over the weekend and at dinner Saturday night was a pleasure. You work so hard and it really shows with how well all these events go off. I also love the 'Nice, mean streak" you have, kicking those poor old people out of our dinner room. Haha. I hope you had a great time in Boston and I look forward to meeting up again in Atlanta and hearing all about your trip.

Mike Dean - After over a year of text messages, Xbox chats, and phone calls, it was great to finally meet you and play some golf to prove to you that I actually do indeed play golf. You are a great dude and it was awesome spending so much time with you this weekend and really getting to know you. Even though you forced me to play golf at 5:50 am, it was a really fun round of golf. Listening to you tell yourself how much you suck after every shot was pretty amusing considering how well you played. I cant wait to follow along with the Morgan Cup and watch how well you are going to play. That Bettinardi in your hand is magic.

Buckjob - This guy is an absolute beauty. Exactly my kind of person (minus the tattoos). Tells it like it is and I love it. The most important thing I learned all weekend, was Friday night at the bar, Buck bestowed his firefighter wisdom on me. The best way to put out a grease fire is using a Fireman's Irish car bomb urine. I made sure I wrote it down in my phone so I would never forget it. Being around Buck you just cant help but constantly be laughing. He is an absolute riot and a terrific Gawfer. Despite his appearance, he is also a really nice and genuine person.

ddec, TeedUpThoughts, and motooooo - That round of golf Saturday was the most fun I have ever had on a golf course. Dean had me cracking up most of the round. The old dude yelling about finding his ball 10 feet away during Dean's backswing and watching Dean crumple over in laughter was amazing. At least now when I get dragged to the in-laws I can force Dean to come play golf with me. Ray (TeedUpThoughts) is a super nice guy and has some serious game. He was really hammering that green Cobra Amp Cell. Had a nice long talk with Ray at dinner on Saturday night as well. Cant wait to meet up again with you buddy. My partner on Team Optimism, Mitch, the tunnel of love on the Player course will never be the same. I was really glad we were paired together since we had already played together. I know we both didnt play our best but I had so much fun. I am sorry for constantly leaving the cart behind and forgetting the yardage book at home but honestly, using Ken's notes what more did we need. "Trouble left, but you also dont want to go right" Haha

Philly Golf Guy - Chris it was awesome to see you again buddy. I heard a rumor that you may or may not have set a record on the first tee... It's all in good fun man and I hope you had a great time and look forward to playing another round with you soon. I assume that round will be with a set of Altitudes..

Six4Three5 (aka 8675309 aka 90210) - Jimmy despite the Rickie Fowler outfit and the flat brim hat, it was great meeting you. Watching you throw darts Saturday shot for shot with JB was awesome. You have a great sense of humor also. Glad you were able to make it down. Just remembered as I was typing this when you hit your head on the light at dinner when we were moving tables and JB said "wouldnt have happened if you had the flat brim hat on" Haha

Damaikis - Charlie it was great to see you again and I was so happy you made the trip up. For a young kid, you really have your head on your shoulders and it is great talking with you. Sounds like you had a great time and hopefully we can tee it up again soon.

Shankasaurus - Jim you are great and funny guy. It was awesome meeting you and hanging out. I saw you hit a few shots on Saturday and they all looked really nice. Thanks for making the trip down and I am glad you had a good time.

WCBM - Tim, it was awesome to finally meet you. Despite the beard, you are a sweetheart man. First thing this guy says to me when I meet him is, 'How is your kid doing?" If that doesnt say everything you need to know about this guy, I dont know what does. Even though you had to leave early and miss dinner (I forgive you), It was amazing to put a face with the bearded avatar. Cant want to meet up again and chat it up.

StanTheCaddy - Aside from the obvious need to change your username, you are a great guy. Awesome to be around. Alot of fun and apparently you have the game to back it up. I heard you played pretty well out there. Hopefully we can get a bunch of New Englanders together in the fall for a round or 2.

Colt - My boy Colt. I probably spent the most time this weekend with Colt. Despite what he says about himself, he is a terrific guy. Just a genuine nice person. Maybe its just the southern accent. He was a totally different golfer Sunday. He played a few wedge shots that were amazing. Under a tree over a bunker to 2 feet from about 90 yards away is the one that sticks out in my mind. Now, his eating habits, not so much. That monstrosity of a calzone on Friday night might be the grossest things I have seen a human being eat. Haha You are good in my book Colt.

jlukes - You are kind of a good golfer but a much better guy. I have played 2 rounds of golf with you now and can say both times have been alot of fun. The thing I like best is how encouraging you are to your playing partners. You go and smash a 280 yard drive and are always there to pat someone on the back even if they hit a bad shot. Not often do you find a guy that plays really well but it also really patient and encouraging to his playing partners when they are struggling. Your wife was super nice also and I am really glad you were able to bring her with you. I hope we didnt get you in trouble about the GPS watch...haha Look forward to teeing it up again with you soon.

amsmith61 - It was awesome meeting you and I have already seen how active you have been on the forum since coming back. I really want to go back to Lyman in the fall and I know you said you were looking into it. I am sure we can get a pretty good size group together. Apple season + apple pies..haha

arydolphin - Amol, you sir are awesome. I felt like I have known you my whole life. Such a genuine and nice person. Glad to have finally met you and look forward to doing it again soon.

Clemenza - Although we met and chatted briefly, it was great meeting you. You are such a nice guy and I am glad you came out this weekend.

kenh - Thank you for all of your help with the event. I PM'ed Ken quite a few questions about the area and the course and he was always quick to respond. Mitch loved your notes on Saturday also. Haha It was nice meeting you and your wife on Saturday.

mhuelsman131 - Your white Nike staff bag was absolutely gorgeous. Only got to see your tee shot on 1 but it was awesome. Great meeting you and hope we can do it again soon, maybe in the fall.

CS - Curt (apparently no one knew you changed from Curt Slice to CS..haha) Great seeing you again buddy.

fireitup - Jeff, always a pleasure. Sorry you had to run home during the round but we all understand, playing with Mike Dean isnt easy.

Scarnici and Spahrticus - Glad you were able to make it. Wish we could have chatted more but happy you guys had a good time.

Skipper, TheLama and Skeeter - I know you guys are all relatively new members but I am glad you decided to come and join in on the event. It was great meeting you guys.

Acole & BillMcK - Congrats on the win. Hope to see you guys on the forum and talking to you in the future.

nerfny and Lexie - It was great meeting you both. It's nice to put a face to the person that has to put up with Dean. Haha Lexie is absolutely gorgeous and so lovable.

Last but not least, I want to thank Lyman Orchards. I had been dealing with Tracy Lynch from the very beginning and she was absolutely amazing to deal with. So nice. Always got back to me quickly and was very accomodating. The grounds crew deserve a huge hat tip as well for getting the course playable after 3 inches of rain in a day.

Thank you all for coming and I cant wait to see some of you guys in Atlanta. I dont think I missed anyone but if I did I still love you.

I think a fall trip to Lyman for golf and apple pie is a fantastic idea!! Let's start talking about this soon.

I think a fall trip to Lyman for golf and apple pie is a fantastic idea!! Let's start talking about this soon.

Anyone else have cider donuts for dinner last night and breakfast this morning? No? Just me?

I sent a thank you email to Tracy at Lyman Orchards last night and here is here response:
Many thanks to you and your group for working with us during the very
wet conditions, and understanding that Mother Nature sometimes gets out of
our control. Loved seeing your tweets - and many from your crew . . . .I am
glad everyone had a good time, and I hope Morgan got her strawberries and
pie!

Keep me posted if you are ever back in the area - we would love to have you
back.

im good with that

Other stuff....

I met a ton of new people so trying to do all of this off the top of my head is difficult.

WCBM - This guy was excited for this. He started texting me when I was about 30 minutes out. When I heard the range was closed, and he told me he was hitting balls at the range, I figured he was in the wrong spot. Didn't take him long to find his way though as he was at the range on the bottom of the hill. One of my favorite guys on THP, always smiling and having a good time.

Jlukes - we met briefly last year in AC, but got to spend more time around each other this time. It was fun talking to Joe. He shares a common love for both the AMP Cell line, and apparently my dog. The guy can flat out play golf too. A great personality and someone that if you get the chance to hang out with, don't pass it up.

Charlie - He might be young, but man is he mature. Heck at 19 I don't know how I would handle being around a crew like this. Got to sit with him at dinner and by the 18th green and had the chance to learn more about him. Great meeting him, he has some high goals for life and I hope he exceeds every one of them.

StanTheCaddy - His name might be Tim, but I only call him Stan. We me last year in Ohio, but just like with Jlukes, I got to hang out with him more this time. We are hoping to get together in a few weeks for some golf. We even talked about perhaps a Bethpage trip.

Clemenza - Pete lives in my area, but we've never met. In fact I found out he plays in a league that it within 5 minutes of my place. We talked about golf, dogs, and other things. We are certainly going to tee it up together in the near future. One of those people that you don't know much about going in to an event like this, and you leave feeling like you could tee it up with them every day.

Talking about good old Western New York, snakes, gators, and other things wit the crew from out there. I'm hoping to get back out there later this summer and if I do I hope to tee it up with you all.

more to come....

I kept calling him Stan all day on Saturday. Until I see a birth certificate, I refuse to believe his name is Tim.

Finally settled back in after a little bit of a crazy weekend. Had a great time playing with everyone Saturday! Big shout out to Ricky, JB and Morgan for putting this on and another shout out to Lyman Orchards for even being able to get us out with all the rain.

With the groupings getting shuffled I ended up in the first group off with CS, Wicked Cool Bearded Man, and Shankosaurus. I didnt think there would be too many nerves, but my nice power "fade" almost ended up in the road. You guys on Team Albatross are lucky Tim is on your team, the man absolutely pounds the ball. He even won the long drive contest on #8! (Pretty sure he signed some other outings contest, and there was no way someone else was going to beat it haha). Curt and Jim, it was a pleasue to play with you guys, even though my game wasnt up to snuff. Curt, I think you should just go ahead and switch back over to the right side of the ball and get yourself some altitudes.

I was able to chat with a few guys around the putting green before the round but unfortunately missed out on dinner waiting for a buddy whose flights were delayed/cancelled/changed. Cant wait to tee it up with some THP'ers again!

P.S. DDec and Nerfny - you guys have yourselfs an awesome pooch in Lexie! What a sweet heart!

Anyone else have cider donuts for dinner last night and breakfast this morning? No? Just me?

Not this morning, but I did have Bumbleberry Pie for breakfast yesterday.

Those donuts were fantastic and may have been the best I have ever had.

Back