Callaway X Hot & X Hot Pro Irons Preview

Hmmmmm.... I might've just done something spectacular.

Hmmmmm.... I might've just done something spectacular.

You've been hanging around JB too much, now you are becoming a tease. :smile:

Those irons are beautiful Buck!

They are gorgeous buck. I can't wait to get these in my hands. I think they are going to be weapons for me.

You've been hanging around JB too much, now you are becoming a tease. :smile:

JB wouldn't give up this kind of info.
a8ube4yd.jpg

Nice purchase Colt! Looking forward to hearing from you when they arrive. What's the expected delivery?

Callaway goodness, delivered in a box. First mini-range session will be tonight after dinner.

First picture was with the flash, but it's kind of how they appeared to be glowing when I pulled them out of the box:

i-PZ9CQt7-M.jpg

Without flash:

i-dQTCKJL-M.jpg

Beautiful, just beautiful:

i-JXN7b8L-M.jpg

i-PNGNZpD-M.jpg

i-x3xKdBJ-M.jpg

i-4xhHWqW-M.jpg

They look great, can't wait to see the in action in Myrtle.

nice wade!

They were glowing and angels were singing too right? Great pics, know you are excited!

i-RLPcSfg-M.jpg

They've found a good home:

i-JfStF6Q-M.jpg

i-rvhZSHF-M.jpg

Nice purchase Colt! Looking forward to hearing from you when they arrive. What's the expected delivery?

Next Wednesday. I'm going to have to buy new wedges because of this. I've got a 50, 54, 58 setup right now. I think that the 45 degree pitching wedge is going to be too long for my 50 degree gap wedge though.

Next Wednesday. I'm going to have to buy new wedges because of this. I've got a 50, 54, 58 setup right now. I think that the 45 degree pitching wedge is going to be too long for my 50 degree gap wedge though.

That's my fear too, I haven't hit anything but a 6 iron on a LM, but from the numbers I was getting with the 6 iron, I'm fully expecting to see some serious distance with the 45* PW, I'm thinking I might have to go 49 or even 48 for my next wedge.

That's my fear too, I haven't hit anything but a 6 iron on a LM, but from the numbers I was getting with the 6 iron, I'm fully expecting to see some serious distance with the 45* PW, I'm thinking I might have to go 49 or even 48 for my next wedge.

I'm thinking it will be as simple as going 48, 54, 60. As it stands right now my distances are 50*=125, 54*= 110, 58*=95.

15 yards is a pretty decent gapping, but I think that 20 yards in between my wedges would be even better. So in the end this might help out a little bit anyways.

I'm thinking it will be as simple as going 48, 54, 60. As it stands right now my distances are 50*=125, 54*= 110, 58*=95.

15 yards is a pretty decent gapping, but I think that 20 yards in between my wedges would be even better. So in the end this might help out a little bit anyways.
I'm thinking 49/54/58, or possibly 49/53/57. I don't have any interest in a 60. Right now my 52 is my 115 and 56 is my 100, I will go up 3/4 of an inch in my wedges this time around, so I should see some distance increase (not that I'm looking for that in wedges, but it's an odd transition to go from lengthened irons to standard length wedges).

I'm thinking 49/54/58, or possibly 49/53/57. I don't have any interest in a 60. Right now my 52 is my 115 and 56 is my 100, I will go up 3/4 of an inch in my wedges this time around, so I should see some distance increase (not that I'm looking for that in wedges, but it's an odd transition to go from lengthened irons to standard length wedges).

Yeah. I have standard length wedges and 1/2" long irons as well. I'll probably leave mine alone though as I don't really notice it and I like having my wedges nice and short.

Will you buy new wedges or have your first two bent a degree?

My previous irons had a 46* PW and a 50* Gap. I've taken the gap out of the bag for now. Experimenting to see if I can go without one, if not will look to add a 50* of some sort to the bag.

I don't have the distance you guys have. My PW with the XHotPros is going about 110. I'm getting about 80 yrds out of my 54*

Yeah. I have standard length wedges and 1/2" long irons as well. I'll probably leave mine alone though as I don't really notice it and I like having my wedges nice and short.

Since lengthening my irons I am hitting wedges thin... alot. I also don't like to choke down on them too much, as they get too short quickly, longer wedges would give me more room to play around with when choking down.

I don't have the d to the istance you guys have. My PW with the XHotPros is going about 110. I'm getting about 80 yrds out of my 54*
We're Internet golfers, dude. We hit the ball as far as we want to say we do! :D

Will you buy new wedges or have your first two bent a degree?

My previous irons had a 46* PW and a 50* Gap. I've taken the gap out of the bag for now. Experimenting to see if I can go without one, if not will look to add a 50* of some sort to the bag.

I don't have the distance you guys have. My PW with the XHotPros is going about 110. I'm getting about 80 yrds out of my 54*

Sorry I left out you're first question. To answer it, yes I am going to buy new wedges. The PING wedges are okay, but nothing has ever performed for me the way that the Vokeys do. I also want similarly weighted shafts, and the CFS doesn't do the trick in the PING wedges. I want to go back to all heavier shafts in my bag. From driver down. Light weight has given me a couple of inconsequential yards but has killed my consistency and rhythm along the way. No bueno. That's why I went with KBS Tours in my XHP's too.

Sorry I left out you're first question. To answer it, yes I am going to buy new wedges. The PING wedges are okay, but nothing has ever performed for me the way that the Vokeys do. I also want similarly weighted shafts, and the CFS doesn't do the trick in the PING wedges. I want to go back to all heavier shafts in my bag. From driver down. Light weight has given me a couple of inconsequential yards but has killed my consistency and rhythm along the way. No bueno. That's why I went with KBS Tours in my XHP's too.

The heavier weight of the Wilson Staff 50* is why I took it out. Didn't want one club with a heavier feel to throw off my swing.

Back