9, 10 and 11 at my regular course. 9 is an easier par 5 but I am genetically incapable of finding the fairway. 10 is a par 4 that really shouldn't be a problem but it has gotten in my head. 11 is a long par four; I seem to always get bad lies for the long carry over water.

Northview Ridge course - Holes 1, 2, and 3 are long par 4's where you will get blasted if your driver isnt perfect to start the round. If you can be +2 or better after these 3 holes you will have a good front side.

Northview Canal course - 16 and 17 are card destroyers. 16 is a short par 4 with water everywhere and a narrow fairway where everything slopes into the lake including the green. No rough or 1st cut between the fairway and the water just means it eats balls all day. 17 is an island green with a deceptive yardage and usually a tailwind. Its either an easy 3 or a head scratching 6.

Hazelmere G+C - Holes 9,10,11 for me are just brutal. There is nothing remarkably difficult about either of the 3 but those 3 holes are crucial if Im going to post a decent score. The approach on 10 has a water hazard that has a powerful ball magnet inside but it should be easier to miss than it is.

9, 10 and 11 at my regular course. 9 is an easier par 5 but I am genetically incapable of finding the fairway. 10 is a par 4 that really shouldn't be a problem but it has gotten in my head. 11 is a long par four; I seem to always get bad lies for the long carry over water.
Yeah, 10 has way too shallow of a green, and 11 is just cruel.

15, 16, 17, 18 at my course. Known as the loop. 4 tough par 4s.

15. Quite long. OOB right.
16. Tight. OOB left
17. Dog leg left. Go Left, its gone, go right you are chipping back to the fairway
18. Dog Leg left. quite severe slope and tricky green

Wrecked many a card

For me it's (my course) holes 5-9.

It would be 14,15,16 at one course. Par 4, short Par 3, then a straight long Par 5.

The other course I normally play it would be 14,15,16 as well. Really long par 4, then a short par 5 that's reachable in two, then a super tough par 4 that is super demanding off the tee.

My course (Monroe CC) holes 5 -7 are our amen corner. The greens on these holes are crazy hard!

At my home course it's 7,8,9. 7 is a dogleg right three shot par 5 that has road on left, a creek in front of the green and water to the right. 8 is a 200 yd par 3 with a three tiered green. Last, 9 is a 400 yard par four with woods right, a creek in front of the green and water left and long. If you can get through this section at even or plus 1 your playing some great golf.

6-8 on my home course. #6 is a dogleg right with water all down the right and the ground slopes to the right with the green also guarded by a creek in the front. For someone who hits a fade, if you don't get it far enough through the dogleg, a great looking drive can still end up wet.

#7 is a 200 yard Par 3 over a pond.

#8 is a long dogleg left with a narrow landing area with nasty rough and steep mounds on both sides of the landing area and trees guarding the left if you get too far left off the tee.

The course that i like to play known as Turtle Creek in michigan has 2 holes in a row that i find to be ok looking but play very difficult.
10 has a huge valley in the middle where you really want to hit the ball. Theres only a tiny pond on the right edge but always seems to collect more balls then it should plus its like 35 feet uphill to the green. 11 you have to lay up with like a 9 iron and hit a 7 iron to the green with a 150 yard forced carry if you want to attack the pin. There really isnt much of a layup area even if you want to. Then you get a simple par 3 on 12 followed by a difficult tee shot on the far 5 13th that you have to find the fairway and then hit your layup to the left side or you cant hit 3 at the green. its a stretch you can score well on but could just as easily eat up your score.

Back