THP UK Summer Cup Discussion Thread - 29th/30th Sept

Mav281

Mr Inconsistent
Reaction score
Handicap
Apologies to anyone who was wondering where this post had gone. It got to the stage where we had thrown around so many ideas about locations, prices and dates that I decided the best course of action was to have the last post closed off and a new one started.

We have tried hard to find a location that is reasonably central to the country, offering good facilities at a reasonable cost. We apologise that there has been an increase in cost from the last location we put forward but we felt that one of the most important factors of these outings was to have everyone in the same place and enjoying the ambiance and experience, not hopping into taxi’s heading off to a nearby hotel.

So – without further adoo please find below the confirmed details for the next THP UK Golf Trip.

Dates: Sunday 29th and Monday 30th September 2013

Location: De Vere Belton Woods near Grantham - http://www.devere-hotels.co.uk/hotel-lodges/locations/belton-woods.html

Format:
1.Arrival on Sunday morning – 18 holes of Golf Sunday afternoon
2.Full use of on-site facilities including pool, Jacuzzi, steam room etc
3.Dinner on-site
4.Accommodation on the 4* resort
5.Full English Breakfast
6.18 Holes of Golf on the Monday

Prizes: As normal there will be a selection of competitions and prizes across the two days including,
1.Team Yellow Ball Competition
2.Longest Drive
3.Nearest the Pin
4.Winner
5.Runner Up

Total Cost: The total cost for the above event will be £110 that is inclusive of all of the above plus a contribution for prizes.

Single Day Golfers: I have confirmed that anyone who wants to come and play Golf on just one of the days will be fine to do so. I am still waiting on confirmation for the cost of the round but this is likely to be around £45.

Once again we do appreciate there is an increase in cost which we apologise for. Unfortunately the staff at Gainsborough golf club were not 100% clear on what was available and by the time we had added in the additional cost of hotel rooms at the cheapest/closest accommodation we were looking at something similar to this package anyway.

If I could ask everyone to again post their interest in this trip so we can confirm numbers?

1. Mav281 + Mrs Mav - Both Paid in Full
2. El Bandito + Mrs El Bandita - Both Paid in Full
3. Ianb281 + Mrs Ianb281 - Both Paid in Full
4. Crag Rat - Paid in Full
5. David L - Paid in Full
6. Tony Fayle - Deposit Paid
7. Rob Newton - Paid in Full
8. Martin Newton - Paid in Full
9. Dirk St Moritz - Paid in Full
10. Sam Guest - Paid in Full
11. The Dane - Paid in Full
12. Will_I_Dream - Paid in Full
13. Geo375 - Deposit Paid

Sunday Round

1. Richard Rogers - Paid in Full
2. The Doctor - Paid in Full

Update - WAG Attendance

Two or three of you have mentioned that it would be good to add a touch of class to the evenings by bringing along your classy better halves. With this in mind I have confirmed the following prices for WAG attendance. Obviously the price is based on them sharing your room or someone's room at least :wink:

WAG Option 1 - £89

* Dinner @ Belton Woods
* 4 Star overnight accommodation
* Full English Breakfast
* Full use of on-site facilities including, pool, sauna, Jacuzzi etc

WAG Option 2 - £105

* One 60 Minute Spa treatment on either the Sunday or the Monday
* Dinner @ Belton Woods
* Full English Breakfast
* Full use of all the on-site facilities throughout your stay

Last edited:
Hi bud, count me in for the Sunday game.

Will certainly buy you a beer afterwards. Or even before if it means I can beat you when you are drunk.

Before anyone else does - Ill fine myself the first Sambuca for the Gainsborough debacle!:beauty:

Hi bud, count me in for the Sunday game.

Will certainly buy you a beer afterwards. Or even before if it means I can beat you when you are drunk.

Sounds good mate, looking forward to meeting you :)

I am still planning on atttending but it will only be for the Sunday unfortunately as per the reasons in the previous thread - and I will have my howitzer with me as well El B

I'm in

Yep he just won't have found the thread yet

David L and Tony Fayle both added again.

Eh up lads. Chris, please add Martin Newton, Rob Newton and Dirk St Moritz. Still waiting on Sam. Ps. check your mail!

Eh up lads. Chris, please add Martin Newton, Rob Newton and Dirk St Moritz. Still waiting on Sam. Ps. check your mail!

Done mate.

Got your email, sorry we on the course this morning.

I've got no issues at ll mate, infact I would ask my misses as well and I have a feeling Ianb281 may do te same.

I will find out from my contact what the situation is. If they won't do anything I will have a word with Belton Woods direct and see wht they say.

Let you know mate.

Done mate.

Got your email, sorry we on the course this morning.

I've got no issues at ll mate, infact I would ask my misses as well and I have a feeling Ianb281 may do te same.

I will find out from my contact what the situation is. If they won't do anything I will have a word with Belton Woods direct and see wht they say.

Let you know mate.

Excellent. I'm sure they will be fine about it. Should add a touch of class to the evening! Play well!

Sam Guest is onboard.:act-up:

Sam added has been added.

Bully is a no due to cost.

Got some feelers out with others so may be more.

Sam added has been added.

Bully is a no due to cost.

Got some feelers out with others so may be more.

thats a shame about Bully...he will be sorely missed:sad:

The Dane is in. :act-up:

Count me in

Okey Dokey folks - looks like we have a good selection of people on the board :)

I have been asked by one or two people if there is anyway that WAG's could be entertained on these trips. Personally I have no objection to WAG's being invited along, and I am confident there is plenty of activities around the Belton Woods resort to keep them occupied.

With the above in mind and assuming no-one else has any major reservations I have made some enquires and confirmed the following,

WAG Option 1 - £89

* Dinner @ Belton Woods
* Full English Breakfast

WAG Option 2 - £105

* Dinner @ Belton Woods
* Full English Breakfast

In terms of competitions I feel "Nearest the hole" is perhaps a little inappropriate, so no competitions for the WAG's :alien:

I strongly suggest we will leave those to the gentlemen/golfers along with the "penalty sambucca shots" at the dinner table :thumb:

If you fancy treating the wife or your girlfriend or indeed someone else's girlfriend please let me know ASAP as reservations will be made this wee and deposits will be required.

Cheers yall,

Mav

Guys I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do that date yet ...

Dates at work are very tight and I'm about to take 5 weeks away from the office, I will try my best and I'm fairly certain that I will do everything to be there.

On a side note I took the trophy in today to have it engraved ... Pictures will follow as soon as I get it back and polished

Okey Dokey folks - looks like we have a good selection of people on the board :)

I have been asked by one or two people if there is anyway that WAG's could be entertained on these trips. Personally I have no objection to WAG's being invited along, and I am confident there is plenty of activities around the Belton Woods resort to keep them occupied.

With the above in mind and assuming no-one else has any major reservations I have made some enquires and confirmed the following,

WAG Option 1 - £89

* Dinner @ Belton Woods
* Full English Breakfast

WAG Option 2 - £105

* Dinner @ Belton Woods
* Full English Breakfast

In terms of competitions I feel "Nearest the hole" is perhaps a little inappropriate, so no competitions for the WAG's :alien:

I strongly suggest we will leave those to the gentlemen/golfers along with the "penalty sambucca shots" at the dinner table :thumb:

If you fancy treating the wife or your girlfriend or indeed someone else's girlfriend please let me know ASAP as reservations will be made this wee and deposits will be required.

Cheers yall,

Mav

Ah...a touch of class.

Mrs Bandito (La Bandita, if you will) will be taking WAG option 2. I will email the non-foruming boys and revert....

Dates at work are very tight and I'm about to take 5 weeks away from the office, I will try my best and I'm fairly certain that I will do everything to be there.

On a side note I took the trophy in today to have it engraved ... Pictures will follow as soon as I get it back and polished

Hey Champ! Looking forward to the pics (and your defence!)

OK fella - understood.

I've got to make a booking at some point over the next few days or we risk losing the tee times and rooms.

Is there anyway you are going to be able to confirm in the next few days?

Chris it's going to be weeks rather than days matey

I'm moving house next week so it's also not the best idea to discuss spending £100 maybe in a few weeks :)

Ok mate understood.

Back