Burner Irons, Your Opinion

JTJIII

Reaction score
Handicap
This first part is for JB do the 09 burner irons have conforming grooves. Now how do the buner Irons perform thay seem sweet. And I just want to say thanks ahead your reviews are great on this forum.

They are not conforming grooves, but that goes back to my question for you. Why do you need conforming grooves. Amateurs can play these grooves for years to come.

JB - I can't remember where you posted it, but perhaps JTJ would be interested in that timeline - remember the really helpful one you posted.

The reason I ask is because I don't but til feb and don't know what kind of stock they will have I don't even live near the golf store. I live 4 hrs from the closest good golf store and that is Golf Town.

So the jist of it is irons that were applied for 2010 but have been allowed for play until 2024 but all irons appied after 2010 must have new grooves and we can buy then off the shelves at least until feb 2010

You can buy and play irons with non-conforming grooves for a long long time. Burners will still be on the shelves in Feb definitely.

I play the Burners and I love them. They work for my game and my swing. I find them longer then other irons Ive played and they are very forgiving on mishits. On a regular basis Ive seen shots that Ive hit thin go just as far as sweet spot shot, just not as high. Theyre great irons and I dont think you would be dissapointed with them. I will say if you want to work the ball Id look at the R9 irons too. Then make your choice between workability and game improvement.

I have played the Burner's since May. They replaced a set of Callaway x 14 steelheads. I have to say distance wise they are a full club longer than my x 14's. As far as accuracy, forgiveness and soft feeling, they are great. They don't have alot of feedback on mishits so you might want to get a firmer grip if you like that as that has been a major disliking for some. I personally love the feel of them and the swing weight so I kind of like not feeling every little mishit. I would say they are the best set out of 6 sets, that I have ever owned.

The Burner's are the best irons I have played hands down!!!!!!!!

Back