Callaway X Hot w/ steel

How do you like the Kusala in the 3 deep?

How do you like the Kusala in the 3 deep?

Its a good pairing for me with the silver, I wanted a little higher launch that I would have gotten with the blue and it definitely gave me that. Its been a fun combo so far.

I ordered all the components and should have this shaft built by the end of the week. I went with the S200 to make it a couple grams lighter. I'll be playing it to 44" total length. I only spent $41 so if it doesn't work out I'm not too worried about it.

I'm also considering pulling the trigger on a 3 Deep. Are the Callaway X-hot fairway woods .335 or .350?

For $41, this is an experiment i will probably do in the future.

The club is put together and ready to be hit, but I didn't get to play this weekend. I'm gonna try to get to the range before next weekend's round. I paired the S200 with a 9.5º non PRO head. At 44", it seems really short in comparison to what I've played in recent years.

Just got back from the range and hit the club. It didn't make the cut today. Maybe it's because it's on an adjustable head, but something just didn't feel right. I hit about 10 balls with it and not one was what I was looking for. I removed the steel and put the graphite on and I was hitting more consistent and feel was like it should be.

Ball flight was inconsistent. A few of the shots were much higher than I thought I would ever be able to hit the ball with a driver. I didn't like the trajectory on any of the shots. I can say I tried it, but the steel will now sit in the closet......forever!

Back