Are Odyssey Putters Worth Shelling Out The Money?

Odyssey putters are definitely good putters. They key is finding the style and insert that feels best to you. Getting it on sale is just a bonus!
I bought my Odyssey white steel putter years ago on Callaway per-owned for like $30 and nothing has knocked it out of my bag yet.
I've gamed my Ping Anser a few rounds, but always go back to the Odyssey.
That being said, I've been very impressed (especially considering the price) by the Cleveland Classic and Wilson Staff 8881 putters and would love to give those a try on the course.

I have an ancient b52 that my dad used for years and I haven't found one I would replace it with. I have tested almost everyone around that football sized green in the superstore and one hasn't come close. I suppose I'm gonna beat the dead horse and say if it fits it just fits

I just went back to an Odyssey. They are no better than any other putter but FOR ME it's been rolling awesome. Whatever works best for you is absolutely worth the money

There is a reason why Odyssey putters are # 1 on the professional tours and have been for awhile.

The putter is the club that you use the most. It's the one that can save you on a bad hole, or turn a bad approach, or pitch into a par.

A putter that you love and works, that you have confidence in and just enjoy pulling out of the bag to admire is worth whatever you are willing to pay for it.

With what we spend on golf, even an expensive putter doesn't amount to so much considering that you may have it for decades.

Having said all that, I do think quality putters ate worth the cost due yo the consultancy they can provide and the confidence they can evoke. You don't need an expensive putter to putt well. Will you make a putt or two that you may not have otherwise. Maybe. But there's more up it than that with putters which is why some folks collect them.

Buy what you like and can afford. More than any other piece of equipment, you get your money's worth out of a putter.

I second Speedliner. The putter is the club that we take the most strokes with. Even someone who is a fantastic putter will use theirs 24-26 time per round. I don't understand why people will shell out $300 on a new driver to be used ~ 14 strokes per round yet almost choke at spending the same on a putter.

Having said that, used and the previous generation models are the only way to go. That's not just true of putters though.

At the PGA Tour level, you'll see all kinds of differences.

Some guys will putt with a putter provided by their sponsor. Some guys will putt with an old putter they've been using since they were 18. At every tournament they have bags and bags of putters at the putting green. If the pros like one, they take it.

In short, there are multitudes of putters which can get the job done. As long as the face is smooth and it feels comfortable, it doesn't matter the cost.

exactly - Corey Pavin uses what looks like a minature golf putter & he's done pretty well for himself !!

Few guys around here have the White Hot Pro blades and love them. Me personally I have only ever rolled Odyssey 2ball putters and would never change for another

I think for any club price really isn't the issue.
For me it has to look good and perform good.
If I don't like the look of it then mentally the club is already at a disadvantage for me.

A great example of low priced fantastic clubs is the Wilson 888 putter range.
They look incredible!

Wilson-Staff-88-Series-Putters-Promo.jpg

Those might actually be the putters for me, since it seems like usually when I'm putting I'm in for an 8....seems like kismet.

I'll let you know in a few weeks once I game mine a few times.

Back