Explosions in Boston during Boston Marathon

Rolling Stone as well as most of our media is garbage. Putting a piece of trash like this on your cover is self serving and shouldn't be accepted. He's a coward, not a rockstar. The victims of this cowardly act should be the ones getting the attention. I'd love to meet person responsible for this on the street.

Why? Are you really so offended that an entertainment magazine made this choice that you would assault someone over it?

This is the "NEW AMERICA"!
Total joke! This country is literally destroying itself. It's truly painful that people will do Anything for attention!!!

Why? Are you really so offended that an entertainment magazine made this choice that you would assault someone over it?

There's no telling what he would do, but we don't always think about everything we say or type before we do it. It's obvious he's extremely pissed off (as am i) at the fact that "Rolling Stone" magazine is basically supporting terrorism!

You're not offended? How could that be? They are glorifying a coward to sell magazines. A coward that killed and maimed US citizens. It's disgusting. I also never said I was looking to assault the piece of crap responsible for the cover. Maybe I just want to hand him a strongly worded letter.

Rolling Stone isn't supporting terrorism, did you not read the actual cover?

You're not offended? How could that be? They are glorifying a coward to sell magazines. A coward that killed and maimed US citizens. It's disgusting. I also never said I was looking to assault the piece of crap responsible for the cover. Maybe I just want to hand him a strongly worded letter.

Who Rolling Stone puts on their cover doesn't bother me in the least.

22516_lg.jpg

Moving on. Who cares what they put on their covers it doesnt affect my life in anyway.

22516_lg.jpg

Good job??? You're not offended. So that means i'm wrong for being offended.

Good job??? You're not offended. So that means i'm wrong for being offended.

I didn't say you were wrong for being offended. I asked why you wanted to meet the person responsible for it in the street.

I can understand how this offends some. I guess I can see how it doesn't offend others. The thing that should offend everyone is that news organizations are driven by the same desire to get ratings and how that encourages them to engage in inappropriate behavior. To wit: NBC (?) doctoring the audio recordings to create the impression that Z was racially motivated.

The person is someone i'll never meet. I know it, you know it. I'd love to sit down and find out why it was done. I'd want them to know how much this upsets me. I want to make the person understand that it's wrong to glorify cowardly terrorists. In our society there seems to be no repercussions for one's words or actions. I think that's one of our country's biggest problems. It's very frustrating to me.

Im not saying its right to put him on the cover but its not like they are saying he's an American hero lol

The person is someone i'll never meet. I know it, you know it. I'd love to sit down and find out why it was done. I'd want them to know how much this upsets me. I want to make the person understand that it's wrong to glorify cowardly terrorists. In our society there seems to be no repercussions for one's words or actions. I think that's one of our country's biggest problems. It's very frustrating to me.

I haven't read the article (and probably won't since Rolling Stone is beyond irrelevant), but how do you know they're glorifying him? The cover calls him a monster, so how do you know that the article isn't completely scathing and doesn't vilify him and his whole family?

Last edited:
I think it's the rock star picture that glorifies it. I think it's a fair call too. There are kids wearing shirts in support of the guy that I've seen photos of. Makes me sick to think that he's going to be given any sort of idolic support from our own countrymen.

This stuff happens all the time tho. Our society will always have an infatuation with evil. I also agree its sickening but there's no sense in getting upset about it. I think its no different then people who love Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies or Hanibal. They both are directly influenced by a real person. Ed Gein was a sick sick man but some people love that stuff.

I'd rather see an article on why and how this was allowed to happen, especially considering all the information that has come out regarding domestic spying recently.

I'd rather see an article on why and how this was allowed to happen, especially considering all the information that has come out regarding domestic spying recently.

That's an article I would read.

It's unlikely that i'll read it either but 20 plus years of covers suggests they're glorifying him. So when they put Lady Gaga, Jay-Z, Jim Morrison on the cover, what is RS they trying to achieve? What other reason do they have putting him on the cover? Poor little terrorist was a good kid. Poor little terrorist got corrupted. That's the angle of the story according to Rolling Stone. "How did this happen to such a good kid."

Agreed. Someone dropped the ball but again, no one seems to be held accountable. Frustrating.

Manson isnt a random selection tho. RS has interest in him because he was a musician. He was actually a very good and popular musician at that. Now of course he's an evil monster but my guess is thats why he's on the cover. How could a very talented musician go so wrong.

Edit: flipped back and realized it isnt manson who is in question but the bomber. Sorry for skimming. Manson being a musician I can see but the bomber I dont quite understand. Still tho It doesnt affect me.

Last edited:
Agreed. Someone dropped the ball but again, no one seems to be held accountable. Frustrating.

Because they don't have to. NBC actually edited audio to make something sound racist in this hostile state and who is held accountable? Nobody. Its a sad state that trickles down. Do whatever you want with in the law and when shown how wrong you are either make up more garbage or issue a quick apology. Pathetic that this is what the media has come to.

Manson isnt a random selection tho. RS has interest in him because he was a musician. He was actually a very good and popular musician at that. Now of course he's an evil monster but my guess is thats why he's on the cover. How could a very talented musician go so wrong.

Haha, to say he was a talented musician is a bit of an overstatement. He did try out for the Hey, Hey we're the Monkees though. I did hear some of his recordings on the internet years back. It does make sense, compared to putting a terrorist on the cover, because he was a musician and because he believed the Beatles music (White Album & Helter Skelter) held some meaning to kill the people he did.

Haha, to say he was a talented musician is a bit of an overstatement. He did try out for the Hey, Hey we're the Monkees though. I did hear some of his recordings on the internet years back. It does make sense, compared to putting a terrorist on the cover, because he was a musician and because he believed the Beatles music (White Album & Helter Skelter) held some meaning to kill the people he did.

Just edited my post. Haha sorry didnt realize the original conversation was about the bomber and not manson. Not sure why the bomber made it on the cover honestly. Also (not that it really matters cuz he's still an evil S O B ) but manson didnt kill any of the people on that famous night. He wasn't even there. Manson is famous for being a mastermind and one who brainwashed those girls and guy to do that evil crazy stuff.

22516_lg.jpg

I had no idea that was a cover, I've lost even more respect for them!

Back