St Andrews Links Medal/Marker Contest

Thanks for doing this! Love the excel spreadsheet posted.

Awesome and congrats. I was right in the damn middle, as usual.
Nailed the putt count though!

Congratulations TM. I was so close....

Awesome. Thanks for the opportunity and congrats to the winner!

Thanks Joey!

good job casey, a thper from western new York!!!!!!!

I've resisted commenting on the thread but before the results, just wanted to say thanks to all for participating, it was fun reading the predictions.

When I saw the response form Texasbrons, my immediate thought was if I shoot 91 and hit a 237 tee shot, I'd fly you here to pick it up!
And while I appreciate the faith in my putting angryyankee, 19 putts and I've been writing to the vatican regarding a miracle!
Xosder, you missed the cutoff but I included you anyway because you didn't win (sorry for the early spoiler).

So on to the round....
It wasn't a good round but I've never hit my tee shots better (all the guys I was playing with were surprised I don't carry a driver so maybe time to introduce that) but my 2nd shots were almost universally poor, chips for a lot of thirds but was pulling them all left so left too many 20 footers to get single putts.
I was quite excited by the time I got to the 18th and ended up getting right under the tee shot trying to meet expectations and it went pretty much vertical so everyone was out there.

So the card:
markerround.png

And the results:

markerresults.png

A three way tie on the predictions but TMAdidas sneaks it by a single yard on the drive!!

So congratulations to TMAdidas and commiserations to the rest but I enjoyed this a lot so you never know, I might do another one at some point in the future....

TMAdidas, PM me your address and I'll sort it out.

Thanks all :D

I had to laugh at your post. Congrats TM!!

You know, your putting wasn't too bad, yeah you were over 36, but not WAY over. You had a LOT of fairways so like you said, tune in your long/mid irons and approaches and you'd be in the 80's real quick.

Thanks for doing this and for posting your score card. It was fun watching this thread.

Sounds like a good round and a fun time. Thanks for offering this up!

tune in your long/mid irons and approaches and you'd be in the 80's real quick.

I think so (or at least hope so!). Got to be the focus for a while, I was on/around the greens in 4, if I can get around the green in three, I think I'll start to come down quite quickly. Just got to work out if I try the driver to get extra off the tee or stick with three and work on the longer approaches. Whatever I do, hopefully the wheels don't fall off the rest!

I think so (or at least hope so!). Got to be the focus for a while, I was on/around the greens in 4, if I can get around the green in three, I think I'll start to come down quite quickly. Just got to work out if I try the driver to get extra off the tee or stick with three and work on the longer approaches. Whatever I do, hopefully the wheels don't fall off the rest!

Yeah, I'm not long at all, but I'm fairly consistent and straight. Also, I have about 65% up-and-down rate and that really makes the difference between an 100 golfer and a 85-90 golfer. Once I get rid of blow-up holes I'll be in the 70's quick. Consistency (being really hypocritical there b/c I have blow-up holes), and wedges are really important. You'll get better in no time practicing chipping and 30-yard shots. Good luck!

Back