Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
I saw this hat in the pro shop a few days ago:

Titleisthat.jpg

Titleisthat2.jpg

I wish more OEMs would make simple hats like this. I don't like puffy print, multiple colors, contrast stitching, big logos, etc.

This was my favorite hat until I lost it:

PINGhat-1.gif

Now that I am infatuated with the TaylorMade R9 irons, I have been looking for a nice TM hat, but I just can't get behind hats like these:

thumb.jpg
thumb.jpg
thumb.jpg

thumb.jpg
thumb.jpg
thumb.jpg

I just want a small logo, solid colors, and a hat that keeps its shape without being overly structured.

I like simple hats too, but I'm limited in what I can wear because most hats are much too big for my head.

I have this one harry.

r9_hat_black_LG.jpg

Totally agree. I would just be happy with any hat that doesn't mention 3 or 4 brands. I think the Nike flex fit hats are great, but it is hard to find them with our the 'one' or 'VR' logos. I am pretty particular about what I wear and won't wear a logo of something I don't use. So even though I have a Callaway club, I won't wear a Callaway hat if it has the FT-5 logo.

Can we just get a plain hat please?

I have this one harry.

r9_hat_black_LG.jpg

Yeah, that's still too "in your face" for me: puffy print, huge logo, multiple logos, etc. But at least the colors are nice and simple and it looks like a decent hat.

I want something that doesn't look like a walking billboard. Maybe I'll try to mock one up just for the heck of it.

if you go with the Sligo driver cap, you have no worries...hehe

Nah, I'm a ballcap guy.

I agree that a lot of golf hats nowdays are too flashy. Im not a fan of the huge logos. Ive got a couple Bridgestone hats which just have the Bridgestone B logo on them, have the Bridgestone Golf logo on the 1 side and say either B-330 or E6+ on the back.
Ive got another Bridgestone hat that just says, "Bridgestone Golf" on the front and has no other logos on it.
Its a much cleaner look, IMO.
IMO, the ugliest golf hat Ive ever seen was last year when Nike hat the ball caps with the chrome "VR" logo on the side. So ugly!!!

I agree that a lot of golf hats nowdays are too flashy. Im not a fan of the huge logos. Ive got a couple Bridgestone hats which just have the Bridgestone B logo on them, have the Bridgestone Golf logo on the 1 side and say either B-330 or E6+ on the back.
Ive got another Bridgestone hat that just says, "Bridgestone Golf" on the front and has no other logos on it.
Its a much cleaner look, IMO.
IMO, the ugliest golf hat Ive ever seen was last year when Nike hat the ball caps with the chrome "VR" logo on the side. So ugly!!!

That is the most comfortable hat I have ever owned actually. But I know you hate Nike, so that could explain it....hehe

This is my favorite golf hat.

I picked it up when I was at Disney and I love it. It's comfortable, simple and it's different.

hat1.jpg

-JP

All my caps/hats that I wear while playing golf do not have logos. There is one ball cap I sometimes wear that has "I hiked Angels Landing" on the front. I have had quite a few folks ask me what type, and where "Angles Landing" golf course is located. I just tell them it's in Southern Utah, and to google it. That it is a very tough course to walk. Gives me a good inner chuckle to my self.

I'm probably opposite of a lot of people here. I like wilder caps but more conservative golf apparel. Not wild as in bizarre, but I can handle the logos and multiple colors. Must be NASCAR related.

My hats pretty much are all tournaments I've attended or courses I've played. The only brand name hat I have is a Ping, and it's very subtle--the stitching is the same color as the cap. "Ping" in front and "play your best" in an arc over the back closure.

That is the most comfortable hat I have ever owned actually. But I know you hate Nike, so that could explain it....hehe
I just dont like the chrome VR logo on the side. It just doesnt look good. You and I have different tastes in fashion though, so I wouldnt expect us to agree.

The 1st Titleist hat looks like it is more a womens hat than a mans hat. I just bought a Callaway hat the other day from Target that I like. It just says Callaway on the front and is blue with a mesh type fabric on the rear sorta of like a truckers hats, but a little better as it is 2 layers of mesh.

The 1st Titleist hat looks like it is more a womens hat than a mans hat.

It's the color. It's more manly in other colors.

The 1st Titleist hat looks like it is more a womens hat than a mans hat.

Vegan - You wouldn't wear a blue hat? I'd never wear a red hat.

I am not a big fan of golf club companies' hats. Of course, my mind would change if I was being paid a significant amount of money to wear one. I prefer to wear the hats of golf courses that I enjoy playing or where I had a good round.

There is one ball cap I sometimes wear that has "I hiked Angels Landing" on the front. I have had quite a few folks ask me what type, and where "Angles Landing" golf course is located. I just tell them it's in Southern Utah, and to google it. That it is a very tough course to walk. Gives me a good inner chuckle to my self.

I googled... as I expected, the slope rating is off the chart on this one.

Tilly hat for me. No burnt ears.

I prefer visors to caps, but like a lot of you, do not like flashy, busy looking logos. Most of my visors are from local courses and just have their name on the front, nothing else.

I do wear a straw hat if my ears start to get extra toasty in the summer. If it is overcast, I prefer no cap at all.

I have this one harry.

r9_hat_black_LG.jpg

I like that hat! Ive been looking for some nice TM hats now that they dominate my bag but I dont like the ones Ive seen around here. But that one is nice JB.

I agree, I think when you put that hat on it just feels good, I am not a big hat guy but I love the TW Tour hat. Plus, if Tiger is that good playing in that hat then it has to knock at least 15 strokes off my game. :)

Most of my caps are University of Hawaii ones, but I do have one golf logo cap:

TP_Hat_black_M_OV.png

Mine's a little simpler than this one as it doesn't have the "TaylorMade" on the bill.

Back