The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a not-for-profit here in town the board of which I've long wanted to join. Very high profile and good for business. Looks like I'm going on as assistant treasurer the first of the year. Makes Math Girl happy!

There's a not-for-profit here in town the board of which I've long wanted to join. Very high profile and good for business. Looks like I'm going on as assistant treasurer the first of the year. Makes Math Girl happy!

I was Treasurer for my school's chapter of "Business Professionals of America" and that was a mess. I hated starting the school day out with my shoes off so I could count the money. :bulgy-eyes:

Congrats on becoming Assistant Treasurer.

Congratulations Claire on getting something you've been wanting.

I was Treasurer for my school's chapter of "Business Professionals of America" and that was a mess. I hated starting the school day out with my shoes off so I could count the money. :bulgy-eyes:

Congrats on becoming Assistant Treasurer.

See--I like it because you don't have to go to endless committee meetings, you can do the job in your pajamas, and all the non-numbers types are totally impresed.

I am going to work from home tomorrow so that means I can sleep later or at least get up and sit around in my pj's drinking coffee.

Texas basketball on ESPNU. Yay!

I thought you just said you weren't a hoops fan? Or do short term memory loss issues run in my family?

NBA. Can't watch NBA.

Love Longhorn basketball.

Is there a Longhorn team you won't watch?

Sure. Can't get into women's volleyball or basketball. Track and field doesn't really interest me. Same with swimming and diving.

The only time I might watch those is if they were in the national championship game.

Aha - I finally found my checkbook - it had fallen between the couch cushions. Yeah!

Sure. Can't get into women's volleyball or basketball. Track and field doesn't really interest me. Same with swimming and diving.

The only time I might watch those is if they were in the national championship game.

Don't you follow any Pac 10 teams Harry?

I didn't grow up here either, but I do follow both UO and OSU. My friends are alumni and fanatics!

Since I attended UH, I follow the Warriors too.

Sure. Can't get into women's volleyball or basketball.

I dont mind womens volleyball.
Spoiler
BRS%20ut%20nb%20vball.jpg

My father's defibrillator saved him again yesterday. While I know, it may not work one day - he's still here today and that's a good thing.

My father's defibrillator saved him again yesterday. While I know, it may not work one day - he's still here today and that's a good thing.

Awesome that he was saved! Very good news Diane.

I like women's beach volleyball.

We knew that was coming.

Good for your Dad. Can they test it over the phone, like they do with pacemakers?

Good for your Dad. Can they test it over the phone, like they do with pacemakers?

No - when they test them, the person has to be out because they shock them.

No - when they test them, the person has to be out because they shock them.

Ouch! How often does that happen?

Ouch! How often does that happen?

I'm not sure, but the person doesn't feel it when they test it. My father said when it has gone off because of his A-Fib - it feels like he was kicked in the chest and then he feels fine.

Oprah has announced that her show will end after 2011. This is a great victory for men everywhere, the beast has finally been defeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back