Alberta Get Together

I would somewhat prefer to stay on the south end of Calgary if possible. Olds and Red Deer are starting to get a bit farther away than I'd really prefer being as far south as I am

You could drive up to my place spend the night and we could drive up together. That is if you don't mind a comfy couch.

What about Nanton or Vulcan? Ren if we end up else where we could share a ride. I think Wintergreen or Speargrass would be great. Has anyone contacted RatFink?

I got a hold of Ratfink and he is pretty busy this summer.

I had a look and either Speargrass or Wintergreen look really good to me. Farther south wouldn't be a big deal either like Nanton or somewhere around there.

Wintergreen!! FTW!! Lets do it. I'm only about a 1/2 hour away so after the round we could come back and have a bit of a BBQ.

Last edited:
Sounds good, is it a walkable course? BBQ after sounds great...

A couple good hills on wintergreen. It is a old ski hill..

whats the date?

The weekend of the 17th -18th of August. I don't care which day myself.

The weekend of the 17th -18th of August. I don't care which day myself.

Would love to make it but I get married the weekend before then have to work the 17-18

Either day should be good for me. Saturday might be better idk.

I'd like to know soon tho so I can but in a request for time off. Hopefully it will be ok despite having 2.5 weeks of just before that :alien:

17th is works best for me.

Great - book the 17th then. See if you can grab a cart for Darcie too please. Sounds like a great way to end my vacation!

(Fred wanders off to talk to Darcie about stopping at Wolf Creek or Innisfail on the way to spend the weekend in Calgary...)

and try not to book tooo early in the day as I do have a fair drive to get there for the morning

Either day should work for me.

Can do. I'm looking forward to this. I need some redemption after my last performance I had with RenRen

Looks good Froop. Don't worry about the maintenance cart about a month ago I hit a beer cart and a lawn mower on the same 9. I just wish they would have been parked on the fairway. hahaha

As long as you didn't hurt the beer cart girl your OK. Are we booked yet and is the golf course still there?

Haven't heard anything on this in a while now. Is it still a go?

Wintergreen is hosting a tournament on Saturday morning so we have to tee off in the afternoon. We are booked for 2:18.

Wintergreen is hosting a tournament on Saturday morning so we have to tee off in the afternoon. We are booked for 2:18.

No worries. We'll all just show up at your place early and eat all your food and drink everything in the house :alien:

No worries. We'll all just show up at your place early and eat all your food and drink everything in the house :alien:

Haha hope no one is a vegetarian.

The course looks awesome. Really looking forward to this. We are also starting out on number 10 so I asked the course to ensure no maintenance carts are in the bushes. Amy and I are thinking about cooking up some burgers after the round if anyone is interested beverages will be included.
null-39.jpg
[/IMG]
null-38.jpg
[/IMG]
null-40.jpg
[/IMG]

Wow, it looks beautiful. I can't wait to play it in person. Is it south of Calgary?

West of Calgary in Bragg Creek.

Anyone hear about Redwood Meadow's $50 18 hole+powercart deal for the month of August? I plan on doing that next week since this week is now a golf sabbatical for me after my round at D'Arcy Ranch in Okotoks today.

Nope I haven't heard anything about that. Redwood is a must play soon. Is it for the entire month of August?

How did you do at Darcy? I hate the 18th hole I always fly over that stupid bunker on the right and lose my ball.

Back