Bethpage getting 2019 PGA, 2024 Ryder Cup

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
bethpage is my absolute favorite stop on the tour. most like agusta and st andrews or even tpc sawgrass, but to me, bethpage black is gods creation of a golf course

That's pretty awesome. I hope AAC gets a US Open soon. It was a great test at the PGA.

Awesome! If I'm still in the area I will be attending both events for sure (I might anyways).

Love the course. I always felt that if Bethpage got a Ryder Cup the USA would have a strong advantage. If the crowd is anything like its been in the past the crowd at the Ryder Cup will be very rowdy and very pro USA.

This is a disappointment to me.

I've always wanted to play there though, and ddec keeps avoiding my posts and PMs

I've always wanted to play there though, and ddec keeps avoiding my posts and PMs

Why is it disappointing?

Sweet. Looking forward to seeing the pros get their arses handed to them. That course is a bear.

I love Bethpage, its such an amazing course. However i like it more as a USGA course rather then a potential, PGA course thats not to say that it can't be both. As a Ryder Cup course should be a great challenge.

I'm going to start saving my pennies now to attend the Ryder Cup in 2024

Baba Booey to you all!!!!

Can't believe I used to play this course for $20 in the 90's and now it's hosting US opens and Ryder Cups. Was nice living only 10 minutes away back when i was a kid. Though admittedly, I generally shied away from the black and played the blue and green. I hear it's actually easier now since they cleaned it up for the open, but i haven't played it since 99.

BB is one of my all time favorite tracks-ever since I used to throw my clubs on my back and take the subway and train out there from NYC. Talk about the ultimate home course advantage. The Euro's better bring ear pieces with them.

Thainer, I live in Farmingdale, Bethpage is no more than 10 minutes away from me. If you and Ddec ever want to play there, shoot me a PM. I'm going to the red course in a couple weeks as my first Bethpage course.

Want to play this course so bad. Have only heard good things about it- glad to hear it's getting both of these events. Going to be a great Ryder cup course

Thainer, I live in Farmingdale, Bethpage is no more than 10 minutes away from me. If you and Ddec ever want to play there, shoot me a PM. I'm going to the red course in a couple weeks as my first Bethpage course.

You ever play at Colonial Springs? I worked two summers out there as a bag boy back in late 90's early 00's. I grew up in North Babylon.

I played Colonial quite a bit. Liked that course

I played Colonial quite a bit. Liked that course

yea, the one thing I really enjoyed was it was really 3x 9 hole courses, and you could really get many different experiences on a round depending which you started on. It was the course I learned to play golf on (3 days of work at 14 hours each, and then all you could play golf the other 4 days as long as we didn't get in the way of paying customers).

Anyway, back to Bethpage Black...I will have to find an excuse to come home and get tickets!

Haven't played there yet. I need to get out and play on more courses. Looking at Peninsula, Heatherwood, Bethpage, and Eisenhower Park.

You ever play at Colonial Springs? I worked two summers out there as a bag boy back in late 90's early 00's. I grew up in North Babylon.

Bethpage black is a serious course. Second toughest I've ever played with the ocean course at Kiawah the toughest

I would love to see the Ryder Cup at Bethpage. Hell I would love to see the Ryder Cup anywhere in the world.

Want to play this course so bad. Have only heard good things about it- glad to hear it's getting both of these events. Going to be a great Ryder cup course

It is an amazing course. I was never as nervous as I was on my tee shot on the opening hole with the starter and plenty of people watching. Its not as hard as you think it is. Granted its still incredibly challenging but for the most part the greens are relatively flat and not overly difficult. Its just everything else that's a challenge. You just need to be long with everything.

Poor guy has been on the road for most of the last 2 months for work. I've barely seen him.

Official announcement coming at 10 AM today on Golf Channel.

Official announcement coming at 10 AM today on Golf Channel.

Twitter is alive right now with the announcement. The Ryder Cup at Bethpage should spectacular!

Back