What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We roasted our own turkey tonight. It was better than MIL's yesterday according to the kids. They're right. :quiet:

Beef stew. It's been cooking in the crock pot. The house smells great.

Im going to make a big pot of Jambalaya tonight, some garlic bread too. Its always one of my favorites but its time consuming.

I made chicken breasts stuffed with broccoli and cheddar.

Out for dinner--shrimp stuffed with crab and bleu cheese, and the whole thing wrapped in bacon. The bacon overpowered everything else, so it was mostly about mouth feel.

Had meatloaf at mom's last night. :drool: She needs to make like two of them or something so I can have some left overs. It was so good. :drool:

Had meatloaf at mom's last night. :drool: She needs to make like two of them or something so I can have some left overs. It was so good. :drool:

Im jealous Bogey, my Mom hasnt made me meatloaf in a few years. Meatloaf is one of the best things to eat leftovers of.

Im jealous Bogey, my Mom hasnt made me meatloaf in a few years. Meatloaf is one of the best things to eat leftovers of.

I hated meatloaf until I learned to make it myself. I have two recipes - one is like a giant meatball and the other has porcini mushrooms.

No meatloaf is better than MOM"s meatloaf. Lucky guy - my mother lives 1000 miles away...

No meatloaf is better than MOM"s meatloaf. ...
I have a couple of recipes I make too, but man is that the truth about Moms meatloaf. I can just never get it the same.

My mom made mostly the best stuff ever, and her meatloaf was awesome, but the ex mother in law actually made the best meatloaf. (Sorry mom!)

My mother hates to cook and is no good at it. I had to learn, in self-defense.

So nothing my mom makes is the best.

My mom is the best cook ever. And it's not one of those "my mom" things. She really is. She may have the occasional failure when trying out new things, but the old stand-bys are the best in the world. I defy anyone to eat her chicken-fried steak, mashed potatoes, black-eyed peas, and cornbread and claim otherwise. Best in the world. She also makes killer soups, stews, and just about everything else. Including baking.

But how is her meatloaf Harry? hehehe

Leftover turkey.

Airline food: tired salad, overcooked turkey dog, stale cookies.

Airline food: tired salad, overcooked turkey dog, stale cookies.

I always pack my own food for planes or have the hotel pack something for me.

I am making a ceasar salad and a hamburger. I have one cupcake left in the freezer so I'm thawing that for later.

That's what's good about ice cream. You don't have to thaw it out.

True, but I like it a little soft, not rock hard.

Where is Harry on this one?

Im having left overs tonight, its hockey night.

My mom is the best cook ever. And it's not one of those "my mom" things. She really is. She may have the occasional failure when trying out new things, but the old stand-bys are the best in the world. I defy anyone to eat her chicken-fried steak, mashed potatoes, black-eyed peas, and cornbread and claim otherwise. Best in the world. She also makes killer soups, stews, and just about everything else. Including baking.

I'll pass on the black eyed peas, but let me know the next time this is on the menu and I'll be there.

I know what you mean about the occasional failure. I missed out on the meatloaf in a bag that my mom made but my brother might chime in on it. :sick: She also made veggie lasana (sp) that was a BIG bomb.

first night not having turkey day left overs so I'll prob go with pasta or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back