Central NJ, Eastern PA & Surrounding Area Chat

I havent played Princeton CC in years (another mercer county course) and I know they've been doing a lot of work to it.

you are a tough guy to please *LOL*
Played Gamblers twice and hated both times. Was early early season both times though so that may have had something to do with it.
Cream Ridge was bought by some new owners and had all the promises in the world over the winter. Still has the same crappy dirt filled traps with no rakes and is still in crappy condition. I played there about a month ago with my dad and they didn't even mow the tee boxes. Had weeds 5 inchs high on all of them. For $50 I was a little mad.

I havent played Princeton CC in years (another mercer county course) and I know they've been doing a lot of work to it.

Theres always Bunker Hill. I'm sure Buck and Mitch would jump on that! :beat-up:

I might be biased (Rutgers graduate) but I think Rutgers course is usually in very fine shape but they are militant about enforcing pace of play. Great course to walk too, not a lot of water, bunkers are in good shape.
Theres always Bunker Hill. I'm sure Buck and Mitch would jump on that! :beat-up:

I might be biased (Rutgers graduate) but I think Rutgers course is usually in very fine shape but they are militant about enforcing pace of play. Great course to walk too, not a lot of water, bunkers are in good shape.

Its funny. I lived in New Brunswick for years and never played there.

actually same here - grew up in that area and never played there. If you are alumni they give a slight discount

Not sure what time someone needs to get there for a weekend round, I hear its tougher.

Much tougher from what I was told by some of the people I met there. I would definitely advise getting there in the afternoon. Just bring a cooler of beer, a small grill, meat, and some chairs. It will be a good time. There's a practice green not far from the spots either, though when I was there no holes were cut. We just aimed at tees.

Much tougher from what I was told by some of the people I met there. I would definitely advise getting there in the afternoon. Just bring a cooler of beer, a small grill, meat, and some chairs. It will be a good time. There's a practice green not far from the spots either, though when I was there no holes were cut. We just aimed at tees.

Well, its not like that actual practice greens at the club house had holes cut either lol.

So what is going on here, we trying to play this weekend or what, seems like its all over the place.

Well, its not like that actual practice greens at the club house had holes cut either lol.

So what is going on here, we trying to play this weekend or what, seems like its all over the place.

Soooo many options...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

I'm going to try and get out to the Black either next Friday or the following Friday. I have a few things to take care of and need to see what the weather looks like. My brother might drive up if his schedule works out. If he does I will have room for two more. If not than three. I'll update here when I figure out what I'm going to do.

I'm going to try and get out to the Black either next Friday or the following Friday. I have a few things to take care of and need to see what the weather looks like. My brother might drive up if his schedule works out. If he does I will have room for two more. If not than three. I'll update here when I figure out what I'm going to do.

Sounds good.

Just to clarify, I will be going out Thursday afternoon to play on Friday.

Just to clarify, I will be going out Thursday afternoon to play on Friday.

Cheaper to play during the week anyway.

Colt, maybe you should call over there and see if they can get you setup and then you can just get a tee time.

Might have a spot in open for an 810 at Princeton Cc on Saturday. Waiting for my one buddy to get back to me.

Cheaper to play during the week anyway.

Colt, maybe you should call over there and see if they can get you setup and then you can just get a tee time.

I can try to call. I hear its impossible to get through

Man. This thread is all over the place. I might have to hit up amsmith and 8675309 down towards Rochester for this weekend's round.

Agreed, nice course and always in great shape. There is a discount during the school year for full time RU students, but unfortunately no discount for alums.

If I can get off work tomorrow would anyone want to get a round in tomorrow?

Gonna play Woodcrest Saturday at 8:10. Only me and Skipper so far. Its stupid expensive but its been in pretty good shape except for 1 or 2 fairways that had some water issues and pace of play has been great.

Back