Do you have a certain shot distance that you dread?

right now it's 200 yards. Just don't have the stick or the swing in the bag that will yield enough good results.

This one is easy for me... 200+!

I'm going to say 20 to 40 yards from a tight lie with a forced carry.

right now it's 200 yards. Just don't have the stick or the swing in the bag that will yield enough good results.

I'm the same way right now. If I had a different shaft for my hybrid, I'd be fine. But 200 is my hated number right now.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only idiot who struggles with partial wedge shots. I just feel stupid in the course when I miss the green or end up on the green but a long way from the pin on a 50-65 guard shot.

Would say it is 200 yards for me. Don't have a problem with distance, it is a darn thing called accuracy that alludes me. Been working on it and hopefully it pays off soon.

Right now it's anything in that 220-250 range, I just don't know what's gonna happen or what to do, I truly am just laying up to a yardage most often and don't feel like I can go after a hole and give myself a real scoring chance.

any distance that I need to use my 4 wood or driver,those 2 clubs are cursed

You kinda need your driver, but why not switch to a 3 wood or 5 wood?

Anything 200-230 right now is a bit unpredictable....

40 - 60 yards, as others have said. I almost always make good contact and get it on the green, but getting it close is another thing, and if I'm at that distance I have mismanaged the crap out of that hole and/or flubbed an approach, so that means I probably need to stick it close to have a shot at saving par. Hate it.

I don't have a particular yardage I dread, but once an approach shot gets beyond about a 6-iron I typically won't go for it unless there's just no trouble around. The margin of error with long clubs is just too high.

I will say I've had some struggles with my fairway woods off the deck as of late. I either hit them great, or I hit a 30-yard vacuum-cleaner ball that goes nowhere. There's no in-between for me, and the contact feels solid either way. I can't figure out what swing flaw is causing that awful result.

The shots that I dislike the most are when the ball is well below my feet. I'm 6'4" and find those particularly tricky. I'm getting better at them though with practice.

It strikes me as odd that so many people have such troubles with those short wedge shots. I imagine that it is also the shot that most people do not practice! Personally those shots are my absolute favorite, I love taking something off, perhaps hitting a low spinner and relying on feel.

For me, the distance that I dread the most is generally anything over 185 where accuracy is required. So long par 3s or a dangerous approach to a green from distance, gives me anxiety. I get to that 5i and above and confidence definitely begins to wane. I think it has to do with knowing that the longer the club the less forgiving and the further off line it can go. Its strange because my 4w and hybrid are two of my better clubs.

80-90 yards. My normal 54 goes 100-105. When I try to throttle back, it goes about 20. Usually with about 2 lbs of sod not too far behind.

Anything within 100 yards. More so anything from 80 and in!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Right now it would be 210 - 225 yds. My 3 hybrid is the only club in the bag that is not working for me at the moment. If it doesn't start working soon I could be looking for a replacement.

Tapatalking from the bottom of the cup.

Anything in the 20-40 range. It's not for lack of distance control - I can hit fairly consistently (assuming you can call 7/10 consistent) to 5-yard increments in that range, but I can't judge distances in that range to save my life. If I need to hit it 30 yards, I'm just as likely to think it's 20 or 40 yards away as I am to think it's 30 yards away. If I think it's 20, I'll probably hit it 20 and be 10 yards short. I have a similar problem in the 60-80 yard range. For some incomprehensible reason, I can pinpoint 50 yards. But not 40 or 60.

Between 50 and 90 and between 120 and 150

For me it's anything in the 40 to 75 yards. Totally mental on my part but I don't feel comfortable at that range.

Driver, can't hit the f&@#! thing right now. More range balls for me.

the worst shot for me is a putt that is more that 25 feets

Hate from 75 and in

How's your 3-Wood?

Much better by comparison, I've givin in and used it off the tee instead recently. I had a good session at the range today, its just taken longer to get my drive back after my 2 year hiatus.

Back