USA Men's Soccer National Team

Go time!!!!!! Usa usa usa usa

I also freaking love Dempsey as the captain. His jersey might be the one I get for WC 2014.

Giving up a goal 2 minutes into the game....that's the USMNT of old.

This is a dumpster fire. Midfield and back 4 looks awful.

Only good news is that if this doesn't change direction soon, I won't have to stay up to watch it finish.

Costa Rica keeper takes down a US player in the box. PK is called, Dempsey converts! USA now only down 2-1.

You are right about midfield right now Ary. Terrible might not describe it. They might bring it together though.

Meh. Not worried. Honduras is a weird place to play. Would like to see a 2-2 Draw, but a loss doesn't make me think any less of USMNT at this point.

Almost had the tying goal there

Meh. Not worried. Honduras is a weird place to play. Would like to see a 2-2 Draw, but a loss doesn't make me think any less of USMNT at this point.

Except that they are playing Costa Rica.

Speaking of Honduras, they are up 2-1 in Mexico!

Well, so much for the comeback.

Insult and injury put together: Altidore just picked up a yellow card, he's suspended for the game against Mexico due to accumulation of yellow cards.

Insult and injury put together: Altidore just picked up a yellow card, he's suspended for the game against Mexico due to accumulation of yellow cards.

Just a sloppy game man. That was tough to watch.

Wow! I've just watched the highlights. 3 goals conceded that were shocking!! The US defence was woeful!

Wow! I've just watched the highlights. 3 goals conceded that were shocking!! The US defence was woeful!

Is there a word worse than woeful? Because that us what we were.

Is there a word worse than woeful? Because that us what we were.

There is a word worse than woeful but I don't think I'm allowed to use it here LOL. Klinsmann must be literally pulling his hair out when he see's goals like that conceded. They really need to sort out the back if they want to have any sort of run next year. Talking of next year, I'm not too sure how your group works here. They seemed to be cruising earlier. With this loss and a difficult game against Mexico to come, how is qualification looking?

Win and Honduras Win or Tie and the USMNT is going to Brazil. Pretty simple, stupid winning streak is over and now the most important thing is right in front of this team. Still in second place in the Hex but would be nice to just get qualified and be done with it and start working toward Brazil. Tune in game is on ESPN at 8pm.

Not to mention that beating Mexico could really have them in dire straits.

GREAT header by Eddie Johnson, but that was some horrible goalkeeping by Mexico.

DOS A CERO! Love it!

Serious question from someone who doesn't really follow soccer. I understand the game and enjoy watching the World Cup, but do not understand the qualifying process at all.

It seems every time I find the US on tv we're playing Mexico or someone else in a WC qualifier. I sort of understand who is in and how CONCACAF works, but how many times do we play each team. Is it as simple as a home/away against each one?

Also, is Mexico out with a loss tonight?

Serious question from someone who doesn't really follow soccer. I understand the game and enjoy watching the World Cup, but do not understand the qualifying process at all.

It seems every time I find the US on tv we're playing Mexico or someone else in a WC qualifier. I sort of understand who is in and how CONCACAF works, but how many times do we play each team. Is it as simple as a home/away against each one?

Also, is Mexico out with a loss tonight?

For the US region (North and Central America), there are 6 teams in final qualifying. Each country plays a home-and-home with the other 5 countries, so 10 games overall. The top 3 teams in points at the end automatically qualify for the World Cup. The 4th place team has to go into a playoff with New Zealand for a spot in the World Cup. Mexico isn't out if they lose tonight, but they are currently in 4th in the region, which is a massive surprise given how they played in the past 2 years.

Thank you Ary. Why New Zealand. Is it a 4th place matchup with their group, them finishing 4th in it, whichever group that is?

Back