Now I have to go scrounge something to eat after reading this thread... :hungry:

Yeah - reading this thread made me hungrier than reading the Dinner thread does.

Chicken and dumplings is pretty good.

Mac & cheese tops and Teuscher chocolate top my list!!

To me, when comfort food is the great source of comfort is when you are sick. My longest time comfort sick food is, cliche as it sounds, my mom's chicken soup. I picked up the recipe from her, made with homeade chicken stock, and big thick noodles. But grilled cheese and tomato soup is way up on the list. My wife's kimchi chigae also has great healing powers. Hot and spicy and just burns a cold right out of you.

To me, when comfort food is the great source of comfort is when you are sick. My longest time comfort sick food is, cliche as it sounds, my mom's chicken soup. I picked up the recipe from her, made with homeade chicken stock, and big thick noodles. But grilled cheese and tomato soup is way up on the list. My wife's kimchi chigae also has great healing powers. Hot and spicy and just burns a cold right out of you.

I looked up kimchi chigae because although I've had kimchi, I've never had kimchi chigae. Looks tasty!

I have a killer kalbi recipe that's really simple and uses Spenda for those of us that are carb-challenged.

Had kalbi last week, and she made a huge batch, so I was knawing on it all week. Yumm.

I grew up eating almost exclusively mexican food. I still find great comfort in empanadas. Though, I also find comfort in spider and/or dragon rolls.

There are so many foods that come to mind.

Grandma's beef and noodles (homemade noodles)
Grandma's ham loaves
Beanie Weenies
Dressing (baked w/turkey mixed within)
Biscuits and gravy (with good chunks of sausage)
Birthday cake

Great... now I want all of those. It's a good thing the holiday season is coming around and they'll all be available, except for the cake I guess.

Back