Counting down the holes to Vegas!

Drive up to the 17th tee box, jot a 6 down for myself, go find the cart girl and order up Captains and Coke for the foursome.

I think this is going to be the safe play on most of these holes. :cool:

Ok, the Hollywood script says driver-hybrid-putter. Real life is more likely driver-hybrid-short iron-putter-putter.

I think this is going to be the safe play on most of these holes. :cool:

Ok, the Hollywood script says driver-hybrid-putter. Real life is more likely driver-hybrid-short iron-putter-putter.

But you will have the most awesomest cheerleader in your cart hyping you up and you're gonna beat the snot out of your pb !

That's what's up !

But you will have the most awesomest cheerleader in your cart hyping you up and you're gonna beat the snot out of your pb !

That's what's up !

I'm looking forward to it, we're going to have a blast!

I'm looking forward to it, we're going to have a blast!

Fairly frequently, I just break out in a big ol' grin, for no apparent reason.

Being a high handicapper, this may be a good "play for bogey, hope for par hole"
Maybe a safe 3w, short/mid iron to pitching distance, pitch, putt.

Again, my partner (you may have heard of him mr. Puttin4bird) will be listened to as our goal is the W!

Guys sorry I've been driving since 6am. Ill get to 16 soon .. Driving from fl to ny sucks !

BOO!
Pull over and get it done!

I kid, be safe, I look forward to 16.

Yes, yes, I think I will birdie 16!

epyjyryd.jpg
uhube4es.jpg

Ok I finally took a break from driving and my wife is behind the wheel so as the great Elvis would say a little less conversation a little more action please !
THE TPC 16th HOLE !
More importantly only 16 days until Vegas baby!
This par 3 is called "double up" and I have no idea why. Hopefully it is not a reference to the mark on the scorecard .

This one measures 185 yards from the blue tees and a mere 160 from the whites. It looks like there is plenty of room to miss but you probably don't want to miss it by much as the green is surrounded by a natural barranca. for the east coasters a barranca (yes I had to look it up ) is a deep gulley of rocks.

To be completely honest the pictures make the hole look like it really doesn't have much teeth at all but we all know how that goes. The tpc scorecard shows a lot more undulation that it looks. Maybe that's why they call it double up ? Hmmm I guess we'll find out.

If we're off on the blue tees at 185 yards, then I'm teeing up on the right side of the tee box with my R11 5-iron. The safe miss is left of the green, so I'm probably aiming at the left side of the trap that fronts the green. Any little push or fade for me is safe (I'm a lefty) and if I've put a good swing on the iron, then I'm center green and ready to putt.

On this hole, I need to focus on my target through the swing, and not hit at the golf ball. Hitting at the ball, especially on iron tee shots, can produce quite the hook right for me. My swing thought is "swing through to target", thus keeping it in play and keeping it safe.

185... hmmm... 2200' elevation is likely a club & half... likely an 8 iron. maybe 7. Breaking off the lip as it flies straight to the bottom of the hole.

Tappin' instead of Ballroom right now.

185... hmmm... 2200' elevation is likely a club & half... likely an 8 iron. maybe 7. Breaking off the lip as it flies straight to the bottom of the hole.

I like your style and confidence partner! Good thought about elevation too. I play at sea level and in thick air (fog), so I'll be checking out my yardages during my practice round and range time.

This course looks pretty incredible. I'm stoked for all of you guys who are going to be out there.

185 would most likely be my 5 hyron aimed at the left edge of the green and hope it works towards the center. 2-putt and move on to #17 where I will fade a driver off the left traps and then hit a 7 iron to the center of the green. I'll drain the 20 footer for bird unless RadRob is in my foursome then I will most likely be to drunk to see.

"Double Up" - two bunkers up front? Just a guess. Love reading about how you guys are going to play these.

Hole 16 has been posted, all is now right with the world! Thanks, Bogey.

Dance Business,
Thank you for the reminder about the elevation. Adjusting our dive computers for the lower atmospheric pressure was part of the high altitude certification and it hadn't clicked until your post. Man, with the combination of altitude and no smog I will be bombing it!!

I like your style and confidence partner! Good thought about elevation too. I play at sea level and in thick air (fog), so I'll be checking out my yardages during my practice round and range time.
Sure brag about your fresh and clean air.:D

At 185, while this hole is probably a 3/4 9 iron for the longer hitters, I will be using a 5 iron to go for the green and card my birdie.

Being a short hitter, here I'm probably going 6i, starting it left of the hole , unless playing a cross wind from right to left, then I may play it at or slightly right of the hole.
I'm hoping my miss will be short, or left.
Hopefully on the green from the tee, if not chip in for birdie!

From the white tees I spend some time looking at wind and pin position because I'm exactly between clubs (8i vs 7i).

From the blue tees I say a short prayer that my mid to longer irons don't suck as bad as they have recently, probably try to focus on "only" about 10 swing thoughts, then hit 6i and hope #cookie was watching the ball.

At 185 here in muggy Wisconsin would be a solid 7i. Will have to see at the range if that translates to an 8i. I tend to play a slight draw when hitting my irons well so line up at the right center of the green and let the action bring it in to the middle.

Ladies and gentlemen we have arrived at the 15th at TPC LAS VEGAS nicknamed "Headed Home " and from the tee box it is a pretty long ride home for sure ! A very stout 612 yards from the tips and a not much different 598 yards from the blue tees . This monster should probably be renamed " headed home in 3"

y6ajegy2.jpg
bujyhu7u.jpg
gypebaby.jpg
anydy7uh.jpg

Some serious rolling fairways on this bad boy could most likely help or hurt you of the tee but have no fear because everyone says the prevailing winds will make this hole shorter (hope they are more like prevailing wind storms blowing at the pin ). Chances of getting home in two are slim to none and slim just left town.

Depending on what tees we play from (I'm guessing blue) there is a very generous landing area that will allow for a grip it and rip it scenario. Big hitters definitely have some options. If you can take the ball over the middle trap on the right and carry about 270 you should roll out to the narrow portion of the fairway and have an option of going for the green or laying up with a short iron.
The green
The green is 41 yards deep and very well protected. With green side bunkers that surround it from 3 sides.
bubaju6y.jpg

It looks like pin positions 1 and 2 will either feed or release the ball to the hole and missing long or short with a middle pin will make for a long and tricky uphill putt .

My thoughts on this hole are if the wind does really carry the ball ill try to take driver over the middle trap and bring it into the fairway . That should leave me in the 240-260 range and if it looks good in my minds eye ill try to go for it. But I'll probably go for it regardless.

Fantastic looking hole. Quite a challenge to get on in two, but looks worth the effort.

Being a short hitter, here I'm probably going 6i, starting it left of the hole , unless playing a cross wind from right to left, then I may play it at or slightly right of the hole.
I'm hoping my miss will be short, or left.
Hopefully on the green from the tee, if not chip in for birdie!
Hopefully nothing partner, you KNOW you're going to get on the green! Ain't no thing but a chicken wing!

15 looks brutal! Where the hell do I hit to in this pic?! Eff it, I'm going driver, driver. Eagle putt!

bujyhu7u.jpg

15 looks brutal! Where the hell do I hit to in this pic?! Eff it, I'm going driver, driver. Eagle putt!

bujyhu7u.jpg

My thoughts exactly. Actually my first thought was wtf. Followed by wow that's pretty then followed by where's the f'ing fairway haha

Back