Mizuno MP-54 Irons Preview

These look awesome! I've really enjoyed the Mizzys that I've had a chance to hit. These certainly would vie for a spot if I were to decide to build a Mizuno combo set. I love that they encourage that!

I'm gaming the mp 53s now & the 54s cavity looks much bigger. But I'd still like to check these out. Can't wait to read some feedback on these.

I cant wait to try them out!! I am glad to see more forged cavity back items coming to the market

Grain flow forged goodness. I'd like to take these for a test spin.

Good grief Mizuno has delicious looking irons!! The feel from a well struck shot with a Mizuno iron is second to none...

The ONLY thing I really don't care for is that pocket cavity as it tends to gather every little grass-shaving, sand-granule and spec of dirt that requires using a tee or other instrument to dig it out. ​ Other than this, I think they'll be phenomenal irons!!

I want to know the specs of the lofts on this one. Give me a 46 degree PW with 4 degree increments and that would have me more interested. I want to hit these at some point.

I'd say for sure they will be 46 degree PW, in line with the 53's.

These look stunning! Will be on the must hit list for sure!

I want to try these. They look pretty forgiving.

Look fairly similar to the Amp Forged in terms of size.....I like.

just left golfsmith and they have all the new mizuno heads in the fitting cart now. got to hit the mp-54 with kbs shaft and OH MY I think I am in love.

Mizuno MP54

Mizuno MP54

Had the fortune of swinging the Mizuno MP54's and they are absolutely crisp and great looking. I took about 15 swings with the 6 iron off the good old golf galaxy mats. I would say I hit 8 shots flush as can be, and the other 7 were a little rough. Either way, I want to upgrade to a new set of irons and these are great looking and feel great. Just curious if anyone is going or has gone through the same situation, that being, going from game improvement to players irons. I am currently gaming Taylormade R7 irons and want to take the next step. I dont like basing my upgrade on handicap but I am in the mid to upper teens, and pretty confident with my ball striking capabilities, but still hit the chunk shots. Is it worth making a leap or stick with the GI's? Obviously I am the only one who can make that call, but has anyone else been in a similar situation? Just looking for some opinions. Thanks

I want to know the specs of the lofts on this one. Give me a 46 degree PW with 4 degree increments and that would have me more interested. I want to hit these at some point.

Club #3456789PW
Loft2124273034384246

I need to call my shop and see if they have the new 54 in the fitting cart. I would really like to see what they are all about. They just look fantastic.

All I can think of is Paris Hilton saying, "That's Hot"

Now this is an intriguing iron! I would love to give these a swing or two and see how they stack up against the DPC's.

Called my nearest Mizuno stockist today and they have demo heads already, that's a miracle for NZ. Am I right in saying that Mizuno aren't charging an up charge on shafts? I watched a video and it was a British guy that said they weren't?

Last edited:
These look awesome. Really want to try them out as much as I've been drooling over the mp53's for a while now. At least these are ones I want to hit that will have the option for lefties.

My new set of 54s arrive on Tuesday. Can't wait.

Called my nearest Mizuno stickist today and they have demo heads already, that's a miracle for NZ. Am I right in saying that Mizuno aren't charging an up charge on shafts? I watched a video and it was a British guy that said they weren't, they'd be awesome with a set of C Tapers in them, drool.

They are charging $12 a shaft for the Nippon shafts. I don't know what the upcharge is on the others.

I can't wait to give these a swing.

Mp54 in a 4,5,6,7 and Mp4 in an 8,9,pw,gw would be a great looking bag.

Give this man a medal, that would be a stunning set.

These things are beauties. The cavity is large, but it's a very classically designed clubhead and still looks excellent. Love to give these a swing next time I get over to the shop.

Had the fortune of swinging the Mizuno MP54's and they are absolutely crisp and great looking. I took about 15 swings with the 6 iron off the good old golf galaxy mats. I would say I hit 8 shots flush as can be, and the other 7 were a little rough. Either way, I want to upgrade to a new set of irons and these are great looking and feel great. Just curious if anyone is going or has gone through the same situation, that being, going from game improvement to players irons. I am currently gaming Taylormade R7 irons and want to take the next step. I dont like basing my upgrade on handicap but I am in the mid to upper teens, and pretty confident with my ball striking capabilities, but still hit the chunk shots. Is it worth making a leap or stick with the GI's? Obviously I am the only one who can make that call, but has anyone else been in a similar situation? Just looking for some opinions. Thanks

These are sort of right on the borderline between GI and players so you might be OK. However they will have a thinner sole and a sharper leading edge than your r7's, so they will tend to dig a little more when you chunk it. Only way you can make this decision is to swing these outside where you can get an idea of turf interaction. I was almost dead set on a set of Mizzy's earlier this year, but their sharper leading edges really caused me to hit things super fat, so I went a different route (still a player's iron, but with a different leading edge grind).

something I read about MP 54 somewhere... which I think it sums up about MP 54 beautifully :)

Q: Are the new irons claiming substantially longer than the previous model?
A: Did you see a TaylorMade logo anywhere?

Q: Are the new irons significantly more forgiving than the previous model?
A: Did you see the part where it says ‘MP’?

Q: How do they feel?
A: Did you see the part where it says ‘Mizuno’?

Mp54 in a 4,5,6,7 and Mp4 in an 8,9,pw,gw would be a great looking bag.

Damn so close lol. I ordered 54's in 4, 5, 6. 7 thru pw in the mp4's. Should be arriving about Thursday

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Back