Should the bag match the equipment?

Hell to the no.

Clubs change way too much to even consider matching the bag.

This is me............

I have a Mizuno bag and towel because they gave me them when I was fitted for my MP57's years ago. I don't even own the irons anymore, but still have the bag without a single piece of Mizuno equipment anymore.

I have decided that my next bag (which needs to be soon) will be non-OEM and generic to clubs or I will go with a SeeMore bag, since I will more than likely always have a SeeMore putter, or at least the bag will be worn out before something replaces my SeeMores.

I was thinking the same thing while admiring Luke Donald's bag the other day and came to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what equipment is in it, the bag looks cool enough on its own.

Who cares what equipment you have. If you like the bag then use it.

I've found that going with a "neutral" bag manufacturer (Sun Mountain, OGIO, etc.) is MUCH easier for someone like me who switches equipment monthly. That way, I can keep the same bag for the entire year!

Also, generic headcovers are great to hide the new toys from the wife. :)

If your bag should match then I'm in trouble. I bought my bag because I liked the looks and it was on sale.

I've found that going with a "neutral" bag manufacturer (Sun Mountain, OGIO, etc.) is MUCH easier for someone like me who switches equipment monthly. That way, I can keep the same bag for the entire year!

Also, generic headcovers are great to hide the new toys from the wife. :)

My thoughts exactly. I prefer the Ogio/Sun Mountain approach and have been toying with the idea of generic head covers (that would go with the bag). The only problem with the head covers might be if the configuration changes and I'd end up needing different ones.

My thoughts exactly. I prefer the Ogio/Sun Mountain approach and have been toying with the idea of generic head covers (that would go with the bag). The only problem with the head covers might be if the configuration changes and I'd end up needing different ones.

That's why you get multiple headcovers JUST IN CASE!

Full_View1.jpg

(#1)#2409 palm green, white, black..jpg

DSCN2416.jpg

DTown: I have to tell you. That's almost exactly the look I'd be going for. That is a sweet setup. You should post in the WITB thread if you've not recently.

With all the great bags available I don't see why the bag should match. I used to be a hoofer homer and carried everything but ping irons. Now my bag matches for obvious reasons, Callaway rules.

My clubs have matched the last 2 years because of the Morgan Cup, however...after the Bridgestone Championship in Vegas I will be retiring the the Bridgestone staffer and probably go Ogio or Sun Mountain in a cart bag.

....or I will go with a SeeMore bag, since I will more than likely always have a SeeMore putter, or at least the bag will be worn out before something replaces my SeeMores.

I'm seriously considering this as well. I like the look of the bag they have on their website, and LOVE that it appears to have a Woodie style top.

I've had a green Ping Hoofer bag for my last 2 bags....I used to have a Ping putter a longggg time ago...but now I don't use anything Ping and honestly it doesn't phase me one bit...

Look at it this way - does Ogio make golf clubs/balls?....I don't believe they do and I know alot of walkers who use that kind of bag...

Love my Ogio bag, but I can't hit their clubs at all.

DTown: I have to tell you. That's almost exactly the look I'd be going for. That is a sweet setup. You should post in the WITB thread if you've not recently.

Hey thanks! I will do a WITB eventually, but just joined a few days ago.

Back