Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

I had a stellar day with my AMP Cell yesterday, MUCH better than this past weekend. I think I've found my groove with it now and have been blasting beautiful high draws deep into short iron territory... LOVE this club!

I had a stellar day with my AMP Cell yesterday, MUCH better than this past weekend. I think I've found my groove with it now and have been blasting beautiful high draws deep into short iron territory... LOVE this club!

Good to here hopefully I can do the same tonight. Guess I will find out..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Had a awesome time at golf tonight besides getting stuck behind the girls golf team. But any ways I hit the two longest drives in my life tonight 256 and 261 with my Cobra amp cell driver. Used a Bridgestone E6 to hit them. Man I'm freaking happy about that.woohooo

The new shaft has shipped from Golfworks. Should be here tomorrow. Cannot wait to put in the Aldila NVS 65R and take it to the range. I love the ease of changing shafts with the adapter.

I got a bimatrix shaft too and may use that for a lower ball flight. Will check it out soon and post the results.

Hate the waiting!

Had a awesome time at golf tonight besides getting stuck behind the girls golf team. But any ways I hit the two longest drives in my life tonight 256 and 261 with my Cobra amp cell driver. Used a Bridgestone E6 to hit them. Man I'm freaking happy about that.woohooo

Nice dude. Love the Cobra - e6 combo. One of my favorites!!

Yea I'm testing between the e6 and the Calloway diablo. Thinking the e6 is gonna win even though the diablo is about distance.

Does anyone game the combo of the Amp cell driver head with the Amp Cell Pro Kuro Kage shaft?
If so what are your thoughts? Thanks!

Played a nine hole lesson with my instructor today where the main focus was course management and taking the conservative route after the tee. I was spraying my three wood and asked if I could just try my driver, after a few holes of hitting my driver my instructor told me to just forget what he said about taking less than driver off the tee,lol. I was also getting some wicked carry on this thing today. I used to consider 220/230 a good drive but my instructor was lasering my drives today and I was getting anywhere from 240 to 260, huge drives for me. Just goes to show what the proper shaft and fit in the club will do for you. He also told me I'd be wasting my money if I even considered buying a new driver.

The new shaft has shipped from Golfworks. Should be here tomorrow. Cannot wait to put in the Aldila NVS 65R and take it to the range. I love the ease of changing shafts with the adapter.

I got a bimatrix shaft too and may use that for a lower ball flight. Will check it out soon and post the results.

Hate the waiting!

I love my bimatrix in mine, longer than the wait for Christmas and deadly accurate too. What color did you get?

When I bought my Amp Cell, my swing speed was 95mph and now it's 106mph after my lessons, so I've been having huge problems with the stock Regular flex shaft. If I go after it, it's instant hook city but when I try to swing really easy so as to not over load the shaft, I end up blocking it right.

So I think I am going to make a trip to the PGA SuperStore and get fit for a new shaft.

Wow. That's a big improvement in SS. Last I checked I was around 95 to 100. What have you been doing to creat the extra mph?

Wow. That's a big improvement in SS. Last I checked I was around 95 to 100. What have you been doing to creat the extra mph?

I've been taking lessons and actually swinging more freely with less tension in my hands and shoulders along with making a larger turn. I've actually picked up about 20 yards with each iron, which is absolutely wreaking havoc with me on the course, but I still have to laugh, because I can't believe after 6 years of playing that I had that much yardage I was losing simply from technique.

135 yard gap wedges, 175 yard 7 irons and 235 yard 5 Woods are just something that I'm not used to.

Amp Cell was a winner for me yesterday, no doubt. Was playing the Kusala Blue shaft in it because it's rained on and off for the last week which makes the ground quite soupy around here and the Kusala gives me more carry. I was hitting nice mid-flight balls all day that were carrying anywhere from 250-270 and the best part? All in play and all outside of trouble. Sure some were in the 2nd cut or the rough but that's fine with me as long as I'm not in tree-trouble.
I tagged one shot low and on the toe and the result was a low-flight push-draw that ended up 255 in the fairway. It's hard to argue when your misses are in the short grass.

I love my bimatrix in mine, longer than the wait for Christmas and deadly accurate too. What color did you get?

Good to hear. I got the PINK! Gotta love it! Can't wait for the arrival tomorrow. i keep checking the tracking app on my iPhone to see where it is! LOL.:eek:k:

Good to hear. I got the PINK! Gotta love it! Can't wait for the arrival tomorrow. i keep checking the tracking app on my iPhone to see where it is! LOL.:eek:k:

Nice, hope you go Bubba long with that shaft! I went with orange. Be sure to tell us how it goes for you. I've picked up a lot of distance with that shaft and it's been cut down a few inches so its been super accurate for me. What flex did you go with? Share some pics too!

Man I couldn't wait and sift through all 236 pages so I went ahead and bought me one. Hope I like it.

I find the Amp Cell to be a mid-spin head personally and heck, I'm playing it at 11.5*.

The main difference between the Amp Cell and the Amp Cell Pro IMO is that the Amp Cell Pro is so unforgiving it made my head spin. Probably the worst head I've tried in a year or two. I don't know why exactly this is but I really hated it. That said some people have found success with it so hopefully they chime in to help you out as well.

Tahokie
Look on ebay. Search amp cell ferrule & you'll find

tappin from my big as note2

Tahokie
Look on ebay. Search amp cell ferrule & you'll find

tappin from my big as note2

A standard .335 or .350 ferrule can be used as well.

When I bought my Amp Cell, my swing speed was 95mph and now it's 106mph after my lessons, so I've been having huge problems with the stock Regular flex shaft. If I go after it, it's instant hook city but when I try to swing really easy so as to not over load the shaft, I end up blocking it right.

So I think I am going to make a trip to the PGA SuperStore and get fit for a new shaft.

I'm in a similar boat. When I was fit for the Amp Cell my swing speed was 88-90mph, after my last few lessons I'm now up to 98mph.

So I've just picked up a stock stiff shaft off ebay for £40. Got out on course with it for the first time yesterday, definitely brought the flight down which allowed me to raise the loft to 10.5 :D

A couple questions... I have a tour ad di sitting around, not in use, so I want to grab an orange Amp cell and create an orange beast. My plan is to pull the adapter off the stock and install on the tour Ad. Where can I get just a ferrell for the adapter? I checked golfworks and they have a bunch of non descript ferrells for clubs, but nothing specifically for the amp cell, unless you buy the adapter package.

What is the difference between the amp cell and amp cell pro? Would you consider the Amp cell as a high spin head, mid, or low. Im assuming the pro is lower spin, but wondering if the regular amp cell is still on the lower end. TIA...

Make sure and update us. Would love to hear about this combo!

A couple questions... I have a tour ad di sitting around, not in use, so I want to grab an orange Amp cell and create an orange beast. My plan is to pull the adapter off the stock and install on the tour Ad. Where can I get just a ferrell for the adapter? I checked golfworks and they have a bunch of non descript ferrells for clubs, but nothing specifically for the amp cell, unless you buy the adapter package.

What is the difference between the amp cell and amp cell pro? Would you consider the Amp cell as a high spin head, mid, or low. Im assuming the pro is lower spin, but wondering if the regular amp cell is still on the lower end. TIA...

Send me you address, I will ship you a .335 ferule.

Last edited:

Golf design works has them as well. Not too expensive.

Pro is lower spin. I'd categorize the Amp Cell as mid spin. I paired it with the black tie and it has been perfect for me as I am a high spin player. I just liked the look at address of the regular over the Pro. Both have a higher spin than the ZL encore however I'm told.

Nice, how much was it on ebay?

Back