THP UK Summer Cup Discussion Thread - 29th/30th Sept

Err yeah, sure thats exactly what I meant........

Im sure it was....:angel:

Honing my game with 36 holes on Wednesday at Woburn, although after today's performance it might just kill me!

Im sure it was....:angel:

Honing my game with 36 holes on Wednesday at Woburn, although after today's performance it might just kill me!

You'll love it El B, it's a wonderful place to play golf. Lots of pesky trees!! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 week to go chaps!

You'll love it El B, it's a wonderful place to play golf. Lots of pesky trees!! :)

Right then, better get my tree wood into the bag...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Felt like walking off the course yesterday, started out with high hopes and hit a crap eight iron lay up down the 3rd and it really got to me. I then stuck a wedge in the pond again on the 3rd and my mood went rapidly down hill from there.

Been to the range this morning to boost confidence and may even play next Saturday in a buggy if I can't get out during the week.

Fingers crossed it comes good for next weekend!

You are not filling me much confidence Chris

Felt like walking off the course yesterday, started out with high hopes and hit a crap eight iron lay up down the 3rd and it really got to me. I then stuck a wedge in the pond again on the 3rd and my mood went rapidly down hill from there.

Been to the range this morning to boost confidence and may even play next Saturday in a buggy if I can't get out during the week.

Fingers crossed it comes good for next weekend!

Keep the faith buddy, it happens to all of us. If it didn't we would all be trying to catch Stenson In Atlanta!

Yesterday, I played with some of the usual suspects and I would guess I shot 105 or so. Crap off the tee. Useless with irons and couldn't putt.

Today was the Medal Salver - so all of the years medal winners out by division to play for a silver plate. I was not exactly brimming with confidence. Pulled my drive right, through a tree into the rough. Pured a six iron to the front of the green, two putt. Par start! On three, I two putted from 18 inches. Really.:angry:

Pulled my drive on 4 into the next county - played well with the second ball - until three putting from 8 feet.:angry::angry:An 8 on the card!

Then par on 5, par on 6, par on 7, par on 9. Ended up out in 43. Came back in 44. 87 - net 68. May well have ended up in second spot in the division. The guy I was playing with had a 9 and a 7 on his card and still beat me by one shot.

So, in my long-winded way - what I am trying to say is - Don't worry about it. At our level it happens. Because today was a comp, I had to 'get over' my nasty three putt followed by an out of bounds and another three putt. - I decided that I was out of it after 4 - and was playing to try to reach buffer and restore some pride. Seems likely I will actually get a cut.

All the usual cliches - you can only change the next shot - not the last one!

You are not filling me much confidence Chris

Fear not Skip! Last year Sam and I used to raise each other's game trying to beat each other. At the Spring Cup at the Belfry, MAV and I were neck and neck down the stretch - and he played some cracking golf to put me in my place (and believe me I want him back!). So - no doubt in my mind we three will bring the best out of each other on day 1...Some steady leadership from you Skip - and the Hotshots will batter the Bears, destroy Armageddon and humble the team with no name.

Bring it on!

I know we will be fine. We all have ups n downs. I had game of two halves couple weeks ago as well. 5 over front nine and 2 under back nine. How the hell can you get 7 shot swing?

We will almost certainly boost each other's game next Sunday.

Really looking forward to it guys, both meeting you all and the golf.

So who came up with the bears the way I'm playing I bear more resemblance to goldilocks! What times the first tee off on Sunday - apologies if its one one of the pages and I missed it

So who came up with the bears the way I'm playing I bear more resemblance to goldilocks! What times the first tee off on Sunday - apologies if its one one of the pages and I missed it

Goldilocks? I believe the Bears came from the Dane - Carlsberg Boy in honour of Thomas 'The Bear' Bjorn who kicked wotsit a couple of weeks back..

For the record - touch my porridge Goldi and Ill kick your ........

I know we will be fine. We all have ups n downs. I had game of two halves couple weeks ago as well. 5 over front nine and 2 under back nine. How the hell can you get 7 shot swing?

We will almost certainly boost each other's game next Sunday.

Really looking forward to it guys, both meeting you all and the golf.

Well the good news is that I have managed to sort out my trolley issues and my old man is collecting my new Motocaddy S3 digital for me this evening. Means I won't have to carry at the very least - so that's one less thing to worry about.

Golf wise, I will be up at the range at least a couple of times this week working on the swing and getting myself prepped for the weekend.

Fingers crossed it comes good for Sunday :)

Ooooh...shiney new trolley! do you think you can get my bag on it on Sunday? I played Sat, Sun this weekend and can barely walk. 36 on Wednesday and another 18 on Saturday. I'll either be fitter or crawling by Sunday!

Well it has been far too long since I last hit a ball so I am hoping to try and get to the range a couple of times this week just to see if the swing is still actually there.....

Other than that, I have everything else ready to go so if it goes all wrong, I can blame the clubs....or the new grips....or the course....but it definitely won't be me that was the problem

Looking forward to it, so just keep an eye out for the good looking tanned bloke with all the gear and no idea, cos that will be me :D

I had a 10 shot swing the other week, out in 38(+2) back in 48 (+12)
similar rubbish yesterday in the wind, two 7's on the front 9 dropped me 5 shots and two 7's on the back 9 dropped me 6 shots, so 11 shots dropped over 4 of the holes

we'll see what game I turn up with on Sunday and continue with on the Monday. I wonder if the 9 balls in my bag will be enough ha ha

Ooooh...shiney new trolley! do you think you can get my bag on it on Sunday? I played Sat, Sun this weekend and can barely walk. 36 on Wednesday and another 18 on Saturday. I'll either be fitter or crawling by Sunday!

If you are serious about needing a trolley, I can stick my old one in the car and bring it along for you?

Technically there is not much wrong with it, other than the fact I tried to bodge an umbrella fitting onto it from another company and have "mangled" the handle a bit. Actual trolley still works fine, no problems at all.

I'm actually going to be sticking it on Ebay if anyone is interested? £100 if it's for someone on this forum (or a relative). Comes complete with 36 hole battery, charger and umbrella holder and a second set of winter wheels with hedgehogs. As I said above, I have made the connection between the handle and the body of the trolley look a little un towards, but there is physically nothing wrong with the trolley (other than pulling left a bit).

A very generous offer! I have a trolley actually - but not using it and carrying my bag means that:

a) I can call you lot girlies for not carrying
b) I can blame the carrying for all my poor shots
c) I can lend my trolley to the 'Dane' who has developed the 'eternal' injury - ie he's getting old!

When you carry as much excess around the waist as I do - carrying is a great fitness tool, although for 36 in a day, I am seriously considering the trolley!

If you are serious about needing a trolley, I can stick my old one in the car and bring it along for you?

Technically there is not much wrong with it, other than the fact I tried to bodge an umbrella fitting onto it from another company and have "mangled" the handle a bit. Actual trolley still works fine, no problems at all.

I'm actually going to be sticking it on Ebay if anyone is interested? £100 if it's for someone on this forum (or a relative). Comes complete with 36 hole battery, charger and umbrella holder and a second set of winter wheels with hedgehogs. As I said above, I have made the connection between the handle and the body of the trolley look a little un towards, but there is physically nothing wrong with the trolley (other than pulling left a bit).

Good news: Dirko has cracked e-mail.
Bad news: not so sure he can remember how to log on.
Therefore in my capacity as his personal assistant - I quote:

Team name now confirmed
"4 candles!"

Team motto All 4 one; and one 4 all!

LMAO - very good like that!

A very generous offer! I have a trolley actually - but not using it and carrying my bag means that:

a) I can call you lot girlies for not carrying
b) I can blame the carrying for all my poor shots
c) I can lend my trolley to the 'Dane' who has developed the 'eternal' injury - ie he's getting old!

When you carry as much excess around the waist as I do - carrying is a great fitness tool, although for 36 in a day, I am seriously considering the trolley!

Well having managed to secure a 1 year old Motocaddy S3 Digital in mint condition with the 36 hole battery for only 250 notes I feel compelled to use it.

I am happy to burn off only 1500 calories on each round over the weekend using a trolley rather than 1700 carrying!

Mind you I reckon a good fee of those calories may go back on again with beer consumption and throwing back plenty of Sambuka :)

Well having managed to secure a 1 year old Motocaddy S3 Digital in mint condition with the 36 hole battery for only 250 notes I feel compelled to use it.

I am happy to burn off only 1500 calories on each round over the weekend using a trolley rather than 1700 carrying!

Mind you I reckon a good fee of those calories may go back on again with beer consumption and throwing back plenty of Sambuka :)

Ah buddy....you have the wrong fitness App. Mine gives me 2150 cals for carrying :bicker:!

Obviously - that's why I'm built like a hungry whippet...

Cracking deal on the S3 though! You are a canny wee man!

Just dusted off the GoKart for Woburn. A sudden outbreak of realism! If this carries on I might start making sensible club selections....

Sambuca and beer? You and I have made the school boy error of bringing along better halves - so we need to prime the boys to take the lead on the drinking:wink: - You know the ploy:

"Oh here you are Stu/Chris..get that down you"

- "Oh No! You haven't have you? I told you last time - I only have the odd medicinal half"
- "Sorry Stu/Chris - but the boys felt that you had to make the effort to have a couple, they would feel let down if you didn't.."
"Sorry darling - I can't let the boys down now can I?"

Bound to work?:beat-up:

Perusing the forum, I came across this post from Will....favourite for the cup? - Congrats bud! Fantastic play!

So far 2013 has been a stand out year for me golf-wise.
I turned 40 in August, this is my fourth year with a course membership and second year of playing with an official handicap.
I managed to get my handicap down to 9.4 this year, in the single figures for the first time. I know I can get lower.
I have noticed a lot more birdies this year, good sign that my game is continuing to improve.

Today I scored my first ever eagle, I'm so happy, took me a couple of holes for it to sink in.
Par 5, 9th hole on the Medal course at Monifieth. Driver off the tee, sliced a little off the right hand side of the fairway. Had a nice lie so pulled out the 3w, drilled it back into the middle of the fairway, carrying the dip and sitting at the top of the ridge. Leaving myself 140yds to the front, pin on about 5 yards. Ball a little below my feet I hit a lovely 7i into the wind, landed on the green, one bounce rolled out and into the hole, maybe rattled the pin a little.
The club hit the deck, my hands reached for the stars and I may have performed a little dance ha ha

Ok, after consulting my Queens English to English dictionary I understand that a trolly is a motorized version of a push cart (late night infommercials Stateside show them even having remote control). However, I am somewhat scared to ask about the hedgehogs though I presume they are some sort of traction aid.

Perusing the forum, I came across this post from Will....favourite for the cup? - Congrats bud! Fantastic play!

So far 2013 has been a stand out year for me golf-wise.
I turned 40 in August, this is my fourth year with a course membership and second year of playing with an official handicap.
I managed to get my handicap down to 9.4 this year, in the single figures for the first time. I know I can get lower.
I have noticed a lot more birdies this year, good sign that my game is continuing to improve.

Today I scored my first ever eagle, I'm so happy, took me a couple of holes for it to sink in.
Par 5, 9th hole on the Medal course at Monifieth. Driver off the tee, sliced a little off the right hand side of the fairway. Had a nice lie so pulled out the 3w, drilled it back into the middle of the fairway, carrying the dip and sitting at the top of the ridge. Leaving myself 140yds to the front, pin on about 5 yards. Ball a little below my feet I hit a lovely 7i into the wind, landed on the green, one bounce rolled out and into the hole, maybe rattled the pin a little.
The club hit the deck, my hands reached for the stars and I may have performed a little dance ha ha

Congratulations on the eagle El B!! Though having met you the dancing part is a bit scary, after all think of the children....:alien:

Thanks for the vote of confidence but I have no personal expectations for the competition.
I'm hoping to play well both days, close to my handicap and help our team win the yellow ball event!

Back